Hi!

LavenderYuki

I think this idea of translating visual novels are awesome. Your current, completed and future choices of project are wonderful. I hope this group will continue to live on.

Maybe try to do NDS Otome games or other platforms in the future? Just a suggestion though.

Anyways I'm here because I need some technical help. I can't see a specific thread for this problem so I'm gonna put this here. Unless someone point me somewhere else to ask of course :

I recently downloaded your Starry Sky ~Spring~ and tried to patch the English patch but it didn't recognize the path to the installed folder. Any idea to get around this problem? This is the first and hopefully not the last time I downloaded games from this group.

I think this idea of translating visual novels are awesome. Your current, completed and future choices of project are wonderful. I hope this group will continue to live on.

Maybe try to do NDS Otome games or other platforms in the future? Just a suggestion though.

Anyways I'm here because I need some technical help. I can't see a specific thread for this problem so I'm gonna put this here. Unless someone point me somewhere else to ask of course :

I recently downloaded your Starry Sky ~Spring~ and tried to patch the English patch but it didn't recognize the path to the installed folder. Any idea to get around this problem? This is the first and hopefully not the last time I downloaded games from this group.

Howdy! I did a ton of testing on that one, so hopefully I can help. Can you tell me more about your system? Window xp, vista, 7? Mac? Linux? Installing on main hard drive or on external/secondary? Which installers have you run? Have you previously installed Starry Sky?

Any info you can provide will help! I'm generally around the forums several times a day, but Sundays are crazy busy for me. If you don't hear back from me in an hour or two after responding, send me a PM (I'll get an email and will write you back if I can).

: ) Tay

Wait, Starry Sky is already patched

u just download it and you can play it right away

and hi~ :D

yeah, all the different groups they're actually not affiliated with me in anyway. I listed the upcoming games because i wanted to list them.

Well I tried to run it to see if it's already patched but it's not. I'd still be able to play it though since I can read a bit of basic kanji and stuff but the unfortunately the script came out in funky unicode. To answer @Tay, I'm on 64bit Win7 and Intel core 3.30ghz with this game installed on main drive. I got this game from here. The installation was smooth but only when I tried the English patch that it gave me error saying Invalid directory. I wonder if it's because the installed folder is in unicode. Can you rename program folders?

Thanks for your patience! I just tried reinstalling on a few different machines and had no problems. Let me detail what I did (this process worked for all the machines I tried), BUT BEFORE YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS, UNINSTALL YOUR PREVIOUS ATTEMPT VIA CONTROL PANEL AND RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!

Installation Guide

1. Keep your region non-unicode settings on English (United States) [if you're in the US, of course]. If you need a guide for changing these settings, see Step 0 in this guide, but reverse it to English.

2. Run the file "[Fuwanovel] Starry Sky ~in spring~.exe" which came with the torrent to unpack the key files

3. Inside the "1) Install Starry Sky" folder run the file "setup.exe" (you can change the installation directory, it doesn't matter)

4. Inside the "2) Then apply this English Patch v1.0 Full" folder run the file called "Starry Sky ~In Spring~ English Patch v1.0.exe" --SEE NEXT STEP--

5. During the patch installation (the installation started in step 4), on the third page it asks you to point the installer to the game directory. Don't point it to the directory you entered into the Japanese game installer, instead navigate to that directory on your hard drive and keep clicking through the Starry Sky folders until you get to the directory with the actual game (look for "starrysky_spring.exe"). THAT'S the directory you want to use. Click on the Win 7 file path up at the top of your window, copy it, and then paste that file path into the English patcher.

EXAMPLE: Step 5 is kind of complex, so here's a concrete example:

Step 3: In the Japanese installer I installed to T:\Visual Novels\Starry Sky\GAME

Step 4: [Ran English patch installer]

Step 5: Had to point patcher to T:\Visual Novels\Starry Sky\GAME\Starry™Sky`in Spring` , NOT T:\Visual Novels\Starry Sky\GAME. That's the extra folder the Japanese installer added.

And there you have it! Let me know if that doesn't work for you, and we'll try and figure it out.

• 4 years later...