Windows 10 Kamidori Alchemy Meister

Martic

So I was in the middle of my second playthrough of Kamidori Alchemy Meister when I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Now all the sudden the text in Kamidori looks jacked up and letters are appearing at the end of skill names. Apparently one of my party members skills is now "Flurry qli". Also, my elemental resistances are now lower case instead of uppercase (I'm OCD ok? :P)

My font is still MS Gothic, and everything was working fine before the update. I also confirmed my locale is still in Japanese. I opened a few other VNs (Sengoku Rance, Kara No Shoujo, Cannonball) and everything on them is fine. Anyone have any idea what's going on, or is this one of those unanswerable too early to tell Windows 10 issues?

It also appears that in my ingame font list MS Gothic is listed as MS UI Gothic instead of MS ("gothic" spelled in katakana. my japanese keyboard is also having issues with windows 10 it seems) like it used to be.

Edit: As you said, it should be related to font but I have MS Gothic installed, which should be the font I need. I tried to reinstall as well. I'm at a loss unless I need a different font for Windows 10.

Edit 2: I just decided to switch back to WIndows 7 for now. Using a new OS in its infant stages isn't the best idea. The problem fixed itself when I switched back, so I suspect it has something to do with font compatibility with Windows 10 or something. Cheers, sorry for clogging the forum with this.

I've briefly played with Windows 10 and tried these installation methods: upgrading from Windows 8, as well as a clean install.

In both cases, the Japanese fonts like MS Gothic are not installed by default in Windows 10 (despite them being included in previous versions of Windows) which means they'll need to be installed from the control panel.

To do that....

1. bring up the Start Menu -> Settings

2. click System

3. pick Apps & Features (on the left)

4. choose Manage optional features

5. choose Add a feature

6. find Japanese Supplemental Fonts and install it

* This font issue is also applicable to a number of other VNs/games that depend on the supplemental fonts.

• 1 month later...

I need help. Im having issues with the game. This isnt my first time installing the game I played this game on windows 7 like a year ago and I really enjoyed it. When I tried to install it what would happen is the opening would start up and when I click to skip it it would just freeze. Im thinking its a problem with windows 10 because I setup everything fine. Anyone know how to fix it so it will be compatible with windows 10?

I need help. I'm having issues with the game. This isnt my first time installing the game I played this game on windows 7 like a year ago and I really enjoyed it. When I tried to install it what would happen is the opening would start up and when I click to skip it it would just freeze. Im thinking its a problem with windows 10 because I setup everything fine. Anyone know how to fix it so it will be compatible with windows 10?

You need to make sure Japanese Supplemental Fonts are installed, did you even read what the person above you posted?  The freezing/crashing issues is due to the Japanese Supplemental Fonts not being installed since they are not installed by default on Windows 10 and I do believe KAM is rather picky about the fonts it uses as it will crash if they are either not installed or are corrupted.

kSI1Him.png

You need to make sure Japanese Supplemental Fonts are installed, did you even read what the person above you posted?  The freezing/crashing issues is due to the Japanese Supplemental Fonts not being installed since they are not installed by default on Windows 10 and I do believe KAM is rather picky about the fonts it uses as it will crash if they are either not installed or are corrupted.

kSI1Him.png

Dont be mad. I can read. Why would I even ask this question.

http://prntscr.com/8e6ae1

Its Not On There.............

Don't be mad. I can read. Why would I even ask this question.

http://prntscr.com/8e6ae1

Its Not On There.............

Check your installed fonts then (it would be in the same location as my screenshot), it might be there already and if so reinstall it.  Someone else on a different forum had it already installed but had to reinstall it as it might of been corrupted.

Also I wasn't mad even though you seem to think that but sorry anyways.

Did you switch your locale to Japanese first?

Additonal reading: Fonts in Windows 10

Also, it looks like the fonts are downloaded, so applications like firewalls and such could likely interfere.

I always on japanese locale and i cant download this fonts because when i press install, windose does nothing, but thank you for trying to help me. If you know other ways to download this fonts, please tell me.

P.S. and sorry for my english. I probably messed up few times.

A more safe way to get the font, get it from C:/Windows:/Fonts on your Windows 7 (or your friend's PC if he/she has the font) . It's always a good idea to have dual OS/multiple OS on your startup if your PC is capable, when you get a problem on one OS, you can check it on the other(s) OS without the need to reinstall/upgrade/downgrade.

A more safe way to get the font, get it from C:/Windows:/Fonts on your Windows 7. It's always a good idea to have dual OS/multiple OS if your PC is capable, when you get a problem on one OS, you can check it on the other(s) OS without the need to reinstall/upgrade/downgrade.

There is no real problem with the fonts it's just the Japanese Supplemental Fonts aren't pre-installed when you install or upgrade to Windows 10, they have to be manually installed and I really don't know what the problem is with the other guy as there shouldn't be any issue in installing the fonts.

Dual booting isn't necessary and shouldn't be recommended.

There is no real problem with the fonts it's just the Japanese Supplemental Fonts aren't pre-installed when you install or upgrade to Windows 10, they have to be manually installed and I really don't know what the problem is with the other guy as there shouldn't be any issue in installing the fonts.

Dual booting isn't necessary and shouldn't be recommended.

Yeah I know, it's just that dual booting can help you avoid reinstallation when you have some problems with the OS itself. I guess it's for brevity/simplicity that Japanese Supplemental Fonts aren't pre-installed on Windows 10.

I don't know if it's actually the same as "installing" the font on Windows, but on Mac, you could just copy the missing font to [HardDskVolume]\Library\Fonts or [userAccount]\Library\Fonts. On Windows, it's C:\Windows:\Fonts. As far as I know, installing a font is the same as putting the font into the font folder.

• 1 year later...

So i have been having the same persistent issue with getting this game to work on my computer.  Back when I had windows 7 it worked perfectly well and good.  After i got 10 how ever, every time I launch the game it will go to the main menu as normal but every time i click on a menu button it freaks out and crashes.  No i have updated all my video drivers, even got a new video card.  Have a brand new cpu and mother board even, so I doubt the problem is with my hardware.  If any one else has encountered this problem and knows how the hell to fix it please, do share.  I liked this game when I played it the 1st time and would like to play it again.  personally it is very well rounded.  Its got rpg, an interactive story, shop management, character growth and even tits.  What's not to like right?