Let's all be honest here, how many people here actually pay for VN's here?

Justin579

I have bought basically every game JAST USA has released except their heavy nukige titles (like Starless but sometimes make an exception for nukige with gameplay and sometimes others but it's rare) which I have no interest in.

Mangagamer I only buy their physical editions and only their non-nukige titles. I used to buy more of their titles that did not have physical editions but their DRM policies really bugged me so I switched to only their DRM-Free releases (their physical editions usually bought from Jlist).

Sekai Project I've bought a few things here and there Sunrider Academy, Grisaia trilogy (via kickstarter), quite a few of their smaller titles)

There are a few other visual novels scattered around not from one of the current Big 3 VN Companies. 

I never pirate licensed titles and any games that receive a license that I already played/read before the license then my moral code requires that i buy them once they are available for purchase without DRM.

buying only novels which i truly believe beeing good, before reading them. otherwise i take the safe route, of *ahem them & then buying if i´ve been satisfied. but in the end i do buy alot of novels, even snatched away my gf´s holiday savings to afford some tapestries & a hardcopy of teito hiten - leading to us having a strained relationship...

I pay fro my vn's when i can which are pretty much all of the vn's i have read that are available on steam.

Living in Holland i dont have a credit card and we mostly us IDEAL for payments so that is a bit of a problem.

So i buy what i can.

I'm not confirming or denying anything, but rumor has it, that Texas Dice can't even afford to have a meal every day. He might have made a list of everything he read and played, in order to pay it off one day. After getting a job, hitting the lottery or something.

Allegedly. No confirmations.

I try to pay for literally everything I play. If it has a licensed release, certainly (preferably through some downloadable store - Steam or JAST USA, I guess are the only players here?). Even if it's not licensed, I'll try to import it; so far I've used J-List and Mandarake for that.

I actually just today imported Sekien no Inganock through Mandarake, since it looks like that's going to win the August reading club vote.

But, I have a different financial and living situation than most people here which makes that easier for me - I have my own apartment, and I have a job that pays well enough for me to afford an "expensive" hobby like importing VNs. Compared to hobbies like skiing, this one is cheap.

Edit: I also meant to mention that the only VN I've played which I failed to buy a copy of is Comyu. If you for whatever reason come across a copy of it and let me know, I will happily pay you a reasonable finder's fee :D

Edit 2: VNDB lets you list what releases of the game you've obtained, and I actually fill that out, so if for whatever reason you're curious, you can see the full list of what I've bought there.

I buy them if it's possible to get them without a credit card which means I only buy what is avaiabl via PSN or steam (Prepaid-Codes) if it's not a censored one.

I'll have PayPal soon, but I don't know if that will help to get 18+ VNs from what I've heard it won't.