Windows 10 - Literally Hitler

Nosebleed

An article among others detailing all the crap that's enabled by default on W10.

This basically means that most W10 users, who obviously won't bother looking at the advanced settings, will literally have a keylogger potentially sending absolutely everything they type to the microsoft servers. Uh, I think this is unprecedented in terms of "what the fuck is wrong with this gay earth and everyone on it".

I'm alright with everything there except automatically connecting to never-before-encountered wireless networks.  That seems risky, and I'd want to see how Microsoft determines that they aren't malicious.

The article is pretty alarmist.  If you use Google, they're already collecting the types of data Microsoft is asking for.  And they don't give you a setup page to ask for your permission either.

Except what I type into google, and what I type in documents on my computer (for example) are two very different things. If Microsoft sees nothing wrong with accumulating typing and inking data from people's private matters on their PC, they can quite frankly go to hell.

Microsoft need to start being specific at what data they're collecting. I remember the furore XBOX One's all seeing, always on, eye caused with military personnel, for example.

The article is pretty alarmist.  If you use Google, they're already collecting the types of data Microsoft is asking for.  And they don't give you a setup page to ask for your permission either.

Again, I don't think saying "Google already does it" changes anything to the issue when there would be precisely tons of things to complain about regarding the scary amount of data Google collects about you (without even asking for your permission indeed).

Except what I type into google, and what I type in documents on my computer (for example) are two very different things. If Microsoft sees nothing wrong with accumulating typing and inking data from people's private matters on their PC, they can quite frankly go to hell.

Microsoft need to start being specific at what data they're collecting. I remember the furore XBOX One's all seeing, always on, eye caused with military personnel, for example.

My guess is that this is a policy designed around mobile.  They're trying to cover auto-complete and Cortana in broad strokes with this policy, which are features mobile users demand.

So.... changing the course of this discussion a bit, anyone upgraded to this yet? Just want to know how it handles with the VN stuff (and some of the *cough*not-so-legally-gotten*cough* apps). I don't mind doing a bit test drive but I still have quite a bundle of VN to be completed (and some, uh, "apps" I wanted to use) and I don't want to be doing another serious tweaking for compatibility just to use the said apps.... <_<

It's good? I heard it was made for touchscreens. You say it's better than 7 for us old-fashioned mouse people? Is this the general belief of windows 10 users who switched from 7? Does anyone know because I'm actually a little interested

Also that Solitaire thing is just hilarious. I mean, free reasons to be salty. I'll take it huehuehue

It's Windows 8 that is made for touch. Even the tablet mode in Windows 10 makes me sad.

I have a windows 8.1 I'm tempted to try windows 10 (what the hell happened to 9?) because it probably can't get much worse than windows 8 but at the same time all these potential catch-22s really warrants caution.

I can't believe people care about monetized solitaire. In fact, I'm calling you guys out and saying that none of you actually give a shit. You just want an excuse to be take it to "the man." 

Windows 10 is the best OS released by microsoft but I guess you can continue to use outdated technology because of some dumb solitaire crap.

Nah I can completely understand the tin-foil hat I'm definitely suspicious of this as well...perhaps they plan to charge a monthly fee for windows 10 usage or something equally asinine. I've been looking into upgrading my computer or buying a new one to make sure it can play Fallout 4 so maybe I'll use my old computer as a test for windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you guys are missing the biggest damnation factor of all for windows 10: 

If you don't turn on your computer at least once a month, in order to update windows you have to REINSTALL.

:wahaha:  :wahaha:  :wahaha:  :wahaha:  :wahaha:

I'm not super paranoid about privacy (aside from the Cortana BS, most of this stuff was already present in Windows 8), but I think I'll stick with my Windows 7 if this is all the shit I have to put up with. Sounds like a major pain in the ass and not worth the effort.

Sorry Microsoft, I already have one mom, I don't need a second (paranoid) one.