Windows 10 - Literally Hitler

Nosebleed

Back when internet access was for rich people and we still knew the save icon was a floppy disk, our first contact with PC gaming was likely through the game Solitaire.

Who can forget the emotion of seeing cards fly all over the window when you got them all stacked up after losing 73 times in a row.

Well, Microsoft knew we loved Solitaire, that's why they have brought it back into Windows 10...

COMPLETELY REVAMPED WITH ADS! AND NOW FOR JUST THE LOW PRICE OF 1.50 DOLLARS A MONTH YOU CAN GET RID OF ALL THE ADS AND PLAY YOUR BELOVED SOLITAIRE AD FREE. OH BABY!

8jZMmpG.jpg

Thank you Microsoft! You really knew the key to make Windows 10 a smash hit! Here's a token of my appreciation:

BRkjB6M_700wa_0.gif

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/30/windows-10-solitaire-has-ads-you-can-pay-to-dismiss/

I can't believe people care about monetized solitaire. In fact, I'm calling you guys out and saying that none of you actually give a shit. You just want an excuse to be take it to "the man." 

Windows 10 is the best OS released by microsoft but I guess you can continue to use outdated technology because of some dumb solitaire crap.

I can't believe people care about monetized solitaire. In fact, I'm calling you guys out and saying that none of you actually give a shit. You just want an excuse to be take it to "the man." 

Windows 10 is the best OS released by microsoft but I guess you can continue to use outdated technology because of some dumb solitaire crap.

Windows 10 has some negligible upgrades to performance that only serious techies will care about, and some gaming upgrades only serious PC gamers will care about. An upgraded interface design which is straight from the modern Fisher Price school of art. A new gimmick in the way of a virtual assistant, which is precisely that – a gimmick, and for all Windows 10 home users, no way to deny automatic updates which is just retarded. Also, it’s incomplete, some hardware and/or software won’t work, still too much mobile influence.

For me, there’s absolutely zero reason to upgrade, also Windows 7 suits my needs better than Windows 10. In fact, the majority of users will see no reason to upgrade, probably why they’re rolling it out for free. At the end of the day Windows 7 is far from being outdated, and my opinion on the matter won't change because MS thinks it knows my needs and has delusions that it can see the future.

why are you even using win 10 or 8? it doesnt have any improvement over 7, it's like doing a downgrade...the only benefit I can see for a desktop pc on win 10 is dx12 which you cant use yet... :blink:

based in what facts? do you have benchmarks to show us how better is over 7?

There have been some benchtests that show there's a bit of a performance upgrade. Faster boot times, faster navigation, superior restore points, that kind of thing. Not really things most users care about though, just an incremental upgrade.

Also there's that thing which allows you to synchronise with your tablet and mobile. Didn't really pay much attention because it doesn't apply to me. 

It's also effectively spyware, if you care about that kind of stuff. There's a LOT of things to disable:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f38ed/guide_how_to_disable_data_logging_in_w10/

Oh, and one thing I'm really not happy about is P2P Windows Updates. No, I don't want to sacrifice my bandwidth so Microsoft can save some money.

WiFi Auto-Sharing ("Sense") is another really weird feature and something I would never feels well knowing it's turned on.

DirectX 12 is a pretty big deal for gamers.

Also, I don't see any problem with Microsoft monetizing their games.  They're selling an OS, not a game bundle.  I always wondered why they offered games for free in the first place.

I'm going to laugh when the free year runs out and Rooke ends up buying a new PC because Windows 7 isn't supported anymore and his computer isn't safe to browse the Internet on. :P

I'm not going to upgrade immediately, but I'm definitely not going to stay on Windows 7 forever.  Older OS's are less secure just by their very nature.  It's not a good idea to hold out for too long.

As one of those hardcore PC gamers yeah, the improvements do matter quite a bit to me. The fact of the matter is that the downsides are a lot smaller than people are imagining. Everything is overblown because they want to get virtual high-fives slam dunking Microsoft on the internet. 

To be fair, VN players have a special reason to drag their heels on OS upgrades: compatibility.  Business users have the same issue.  But the hope here is that MS prodding everyone to upgrade will get the compatibilty issues solved sooner rather than later.  It'll create headaches for software developers, but they'll cope.

I'm fine with it on a one time payment. Subscription is too much IMO.

Will I upgrade? I will. Performance boost is nice, and smaller OS footprint is a bonus for my tablet. Also, apps and data sync is my kind of thing as I usually work using different devices.

Also, Cortana is a technology that requires data, but I understand that people are alarmed. Wifi-sense is kind of nice. There are probably some issues with security so I guess it depends if you are willing to trade security for convenience.

Business users have the same issue. 

The most important thing for businesses is how much it will cost to retrain their entire workforce to use their new OS. Which is why businesses wouldn't touch Windows 8, and a lot of them were still on XP.

Businesses might embrace Windows 10 though, not because Windows 10 offers a lot of advantages, but rather they don't want to be stuck with any gimmicky, shitty, weird stuff MS dreams up in the future, and figures Win 10 might be the best long term solution present.

I'll upgrade sooner or later (but keeping my older PC with W7, the one which is currently not in use) but I will wait at least 1-2 years until I do so because there certainly will problems and some of those might be patched later and then there will be some tricks around to solve or bypass annoying issues with the new OS.

There is no reason to change from W7 immediatly, not even as a Gamer at least if your PC is good enough so you won't notice any differnce.

Well I never gave much crap about the store and it's no reason to judge the OS based upon it. The very reason Win 10 is being rolled out for free is to have the biggest install base possible to establish the store. MS basically wants to have their "app store" profit like steam, I don't believe that such will happen, but one can never really truly know.

In another note having as many people as possible on the same OS is better in the long run for support and software development, meaning that consumers do leverage from the upgrade even if it isn't something that they can see right away. You could make the argument that a lot of software dev is being held back more on the hardware side rather than the OS side, due to devs still needing to have their piece of software compatible with legacy instruction sets making it sometimes impossible to leverage new ones.

It is however nice to have one side of the issue resolved. As it is now, having been using it for a few weeks with the insider program, I see absolutely no reason to /not/ upgrade.

Ads on Solitaire is a thing you laugh at once on the internet and then forget about.

The fucking thing being bundled with basically spywares hardly makes me laugh. It's just another glimpse into our likely future that looks more and more like what we read in dystopian science-fiction stories...