VNs with characters designed by different artists - Yes or no

Kanbe

Not at all, in Grisaia it wasn't really apparent and the characters blended well. Same opinion for Rose Guns Days, although it is more obvious that there is many different artists, the coloring mixed the characters in a very good way.

Still, character-design in VNs is very often completely generic and only hairs and clothes serve as a mean to distinguish characters.

The core of this is a question about aesthetics rather than simply being by different character designers - if the games aesthetic as a whole is consistent you won't notice a thing, but if you decide to put characters from Sekian, F/SN, SubaHibi and 'random moege X' side by side you're bound to notice the aesthetic difference.

It comes down to the final product for me. Having two (or more) different artists doesn't say anything about the quality of the finished product so it's not something I like to judge beforehand, unless I have precedent of said artists working together and know what they usually produce.

Pretty much what has been said already - if it looks somewhat homogenous and there's no glaring artistic differences, no issues whatsoever. It sometimes annoys me when CGs have different appearances to sprites, but then it's a different kind of drawing anyway.

I personally don't care, as long as it's not a really obvious distinction (but then again I have bad eyes, so gotta love subjectivity).

In some ways though, one could say it keeps the characters from looking "cookie-cut" - with the minor distinctions between artist styles.