Grandia 2 HD on Steam and GOG

Clephas

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/grandia-ii-hd-edition-coming-to-gogcom-set-for-201/1100-6429172/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

Something to look forward to.  Grandia II is by far the best game in the series, in terms of story, and it also has the incredibly awesome Grandia battle system, which is the best turn-based rpg battle system.  Just enough strategy to be enjoyable without making it too much of a hurdle for the slow of mind.  With an added hard mode and Japanese voices, I'm really interested in playing this again...

definitely a top title, played it to death on dreamcast & enjoyed every minute of it

edit: them bosses later on are wayyyy too weak when you´ve pumped your team up.

edit2: loved the "soulless" robogirl as a character

Grandia 2 is one of my favorite JRPGs from my teenage years, so naturally I'm interested in this. They're doing a real shit job on the hd upscale, though. It looks like a lot of the interface elements are stretched, there's aliasing, it's still in 4:3, and basically it looks no better than just running it on an emulator.

It depends... with most games, it isn't worth it.  However, there are a few games in every half-decade that are worth playing again and again.  Fortunately or unfortunately, those games really are very few in number, relative to the number of overall releases.  I've replayed Evolimit four times, for instance... and VNs are generally harder to replay than rpgs.

The new difficulty mode and original VA sounds good, but the lack of true widescreen support makes me lean towards just sticking to PS2 emulation, which does have widescreen support as well as downsampling and shaders, just like a PC game. Not to mention I don't have to buy the game again.

• 4 weeks later...