The First Yuri Otomege

Nosebleed

R-INFINITY has announced an upcoming dating sim for smartphones that purports to be the first yuri game aimed at women. Details are limited — even a title hasn't been announced — but artwork and a tagline are available. The tagline translates to "I wonder what sort of goodbye we'll have."

R-INFINITY is seeking four scenario writers and has a job posting linked to the game's webpage. It seeks writers interested in utsuge (depressing games) with a "dignified" writing style and adept at portraying complicated emotions and appealing to the hearts of women in their late 20s to 40s. It also welcomes applicants who love big breasts. According to the company's official Twitter feed, it has already received numerous applications.

9ypgdfs.jpg

Yuri Utsuge aimed at females? Did not expect. I wonder how much interest is there in this, I sure like the idea though.

I actually don't know if it's a VN or not, but I am assuming it will likely be.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-07-25/first-yuri-dating-game-for-women-announced/.90849

Seems pretty intriguing. I'm in completely the wrong intended demographic but if they get the writers they're looking for then I'll definitely be watching out for this one. I do echo what starlessn1ght said though, I guess it must have a more emotional emphasis or something? It'd make sense as an utsuge.

Yay, maybe some new ground will be paved in the yuri genre. As long as it isn't too cliched, which it doesn't, I'm all for exploring a different character set.

adept at portraying complicated emotions and appealing to the hearts of women in their late 20s to 40s

Interesting. The lack of wordly plot and otome notions might be hard to get accustomed to though.I'm surprised that they are doing open recruiting for authors though. Does that ever happen normally?

Is it aimed at straight women? Or is it for lesbians? And what would be the difference from normal yuriges, anyway?

Aimed at females means aimed at females, it doesn't imply sexual preference, though needless to say even without implying it, gay women are more likely to be interested in it than straight women.

A game aimed at females will obviously be written differently than a game aimed at males because men and women look for different things when reading a story, in particular a dating game.

For exmple, on the other side of the spectrum you have the difference between yaoi and bara.

The first primarly depicts beautiful and idealistic males in more efeminate ways, and those games target not only gay men but also your run of the mill fujoshi.

Bara on the other hand depicts gay men as, well, strong independent men overflowing with testosterone, and the primary target are actual gay men who aren't interested in the whole "pretty boy" type of deal that yaoi usually provides.

Different people like different things, if this yuri game is actually aimed at females, I am expecting something outside of the usual moe character tropes.

Yuri games aimed at males are very cutesy and charming, they depict idealistic relationships between women which are not at all representative of how relationships go, but that doesn't matter because the target audience is mostly interested in all the moe and not so much the character depth aspect.

So yeah, I am pretty intrigued by this and hope it brings something fresh to the table.

Okay, got this linked to me a few minutes ago.

...How do I respond to it?  o_O

My writing sense feels like if the primary promise being stated is a yuri otomege, it doesn't bode well for the other aspects of the story.  There should be something stronger there that would serve an early promise better ><;;

It feels like they have some degree of a tone there but I can't say if they have anything substantial at the moment.  Maybe it'll turn out well though, who knows?

I sense a reverse-trap heroine and according to my profile page, I fucking love reverse traps and tomboyish heroines and I could see a otomege like this would appeal to this niche very nicely (also I love to cry so yeah...basically got it all for me, besides the whole "aiming at a specific gender" stuff)

Aimed at females means aimed at females, it doesn't imply sexual preference, though needless to say even without implying it, gay women are more likely to be interested in it than straight women.

A game aimed at females will obviously be written differently than a game aimed at males because men and women look for different things when reading a story, in particular a dating game.

For exmple, on the other side of the spectrum you have the difference between yaoi and bara.

The first primarly depicts beautiful and idealistic males in more efeminate ways, and those games target not only gay men but also your run of the mill fujoshi.

Bara on the other hand depicts gay men as, well, strong independent men overflowing with testosterone, and the primary target are actual gay men who aren't interested in the whole "pretty boy" type of deal that yaoi usually provides.

Different people like different things, if this yuri game is actually aimed at females, I am expecting something outside of the usual moe character tropes.

Yuri games aimed at males are very cutesy and charming, they depict idealistic relationships between women which are not at all representative of how relationships go, but that doesn't matter because the target audience is mostly interested in all the moe and not so much the character depth aspect.

So yeah, I am pretty intrigued by this and hope it brings something fresh to the table.

I question my manhood - when I find a Yuri "aimed at women" more appealing then your description of Yuri "aimed at men". lol...

"Aimed at women" is just a commercial way of saying "the characters in this product aren't 1 dimentional bishoujos that blush when holding hands" :P

Though this is not to say Otomege don't have any issues because there's also annoying tropes in female fiction so it all depends on who the writers are.

Honestly, it hardly matters who the game is primarily aimed at (that's why it says primarily and not exclusively), as long as you enjoy the content there's nothing wrong with reading it.

I'm going to assume that's sarcasm.

It was an exaggeration, but it wasn't sarcasm, it was mostly a jab at yuri written for males which tends to have exactly what I described.

My main point was that "aimed at women" doesn't mean "exclusively for women".

It was an exaggeration, but it wasn't sarcasm, it was mostly a jab at yuri written for males which tends to have exactly what I described.

My main point was that "aimed at women" doesn't mean "exclusively for women".

Based on my experiences with the Petals series/almost every yuri anime series, it's not even an exaggeration, lol :P.

Either way, hope this concept hits pc someday, I'd like to read a Yuri with some emotional depth, tbh.

You don't need to be a lesbian to like yuri-oriented games. We all like exciting stuff in the same way forbidden things attract us more than anything else; innate curiosity is a part of our nature.

This sounds interesting, indeed. If they want to break the mold, they have my respect.

I am definitely interested in playing this game when it comes out.  ^_^ I am always happy to get into a yuri story that is actually catered towards women, rather than being just full of fanservice to attract male players. Not that fanservice is bad (I love me some fanservice, I'll admit), but a more serious story is nice to see once in a while. Thanks for sharing this game's information, I'll be keeping an eye out for it!

First I saw of this article was someone dissing the headline on Twitter, since it's apparently hardly the first yurige aimed at women in Fapan; an example brought up later was Flowers, which was advertised beside otomege/BL stuff it seems. The yuri genre being aimed at women a lot of the time felt weird to me when I first heard about it, but facts are facts w.

The actual game looks interesting, at least.

I also thought about Flowers but I never played it so I had no clue if it was an Otomege or not. According to vndb it's not at least. I think that, perhaps, they're making a distinction between more adult women and younger women in here, but who knows.

I have no clue about how yuri is advertised in Japan, I only read comic yuri hime (which is ironically aimed at women as well).