Kouki Yoshimune's (Muv-Luv Creator) Message to the World

Emries

English subtitles are embedded after the first few seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj6lriu3wQw

TL;DR: Original company is going to make or support a Kickstarter soon to localize the Muv-Luv series due to the huge support they have been getting over the years (globally). If this is going to happen under the name of the original Japanese company, it'll make a pretty great example/precedent for other companies to follow through on instead of making dubious quality partnerships :P

Awesome find :D the subs are abit off, but they express the gist of if.

It's interesting to hear the thoughts of such a person when it comes to worldwide distribution (sigh, legal and moral walls indeed - wish I was american sometimes), and to point out ratings on sites like Vndb. Obviously some sales pitch going on, but I can sense the sincerity in his voice as well, I respect people like him.

The "engrish" doesnt ruin the story in fact it is amazing that they put the effort to include english in the first place, you dont see this kind of details in any vn.

Not to draw open a discussion on censorship, but I'd just like to point out a majority of VNs in Japan are censored to begin with. Typically it's a 3rd party outside of Japan that will "uncensor" any images. The idea that our rights are being oppressed/excluded is a misconception.

Unless you mean story content - in which there is indeed a all-ages version - but based on the two Kickstarter surveys and their questions, it's alluding it will be the 18+ version.

EDIT:

It's pretty bad. it makes typical engrish sound like eloquence personified.

I'm talking about censoring the plot itself I don't care about mosaic images in the sex scenes.

The more important part of that from a professional standpoint is fixing the Engrish of foreign characters.  I haven't played the game, so I don't know how much of an issue it is, but that they included it as part of that option suggests that it's enough of a problem that Age has taken note of it.

It's also interesting that they explicitly mention mosaic removal.  That's confirmation that they're gunning for an adult release, but it could cause issues with the Kickstarter campaign.

I also find it interesting that he specifically mentioned VNDB.  That shows some awareness of the English market and its fandom at least.

You want to know how bad it is? Just watch this video (no spoilers, btw) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdVfJGRbfw

The "engrish" doesnt ruin the story in fact it is amazing that they put the effort to include english in the first place, you dont see this kind of details in any vn.

I'm talking about censoring the plot itself I don't care about mosaic images in the sex scenes.

Then you should be fine, everything so far is pointing towards the full version. :)

You want to know how bad it is? Just watch this video (no spoilers, btw) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdVfJGRbfw

That absolutely needs to be revoiced for an official release.  That's the sort of promotional material you'd want to show people, and you can't show that to English speakers without being judged as utterly incompetent.  That shouldn't even be a stretch goal.  That HAS to be fixed, lest MuvLuv become the next target for cheap laughs on Steam.

Well, I wouldn't pledge any money if there wasn't 18+ version in plans. I think 18+ version is pretty much guaranteed.

Really hope for "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" as one of goals... Something like 2/3x the price needed for Muv-Luv to be funded.

It's awesome that we got message from creator himself. If the visual novels will be progressing at they're now 2016/2017 might be the best years in history (hoping for Giga/Aquaplus,Leaf/Favorite the most)

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/3en54z/muvluv_creator_kouki_yoshimunesans_message_to_the/ctgnbet

It will then be released at Steam(and outside of Steam)

@edit

Mosaics... I would like to see how the VNs would look now if JAST would release Baldr after getting license 6~~ years ago as you said.

Baldr is pretty unique, right? I think that many non-vn readers would fell in love with it.

To be honest not the worst engrish I've heard, though I'm actually more surprised when any JP company hires someone who  can actually speak english.

Numerous Japanese companies now have an English-only speaking language policy imposed on company grounds so it's not that uncommon. Of course, none of these companies are in the game development industry.

There's lots of vns that include English (just not many translated, but hey there's not that many translated in the first place). Foreign languages aren't uncommon in vns anymore. Russian and Franponaise actually sound pretty good in vns and are picking up popularity :P

To be honest not the worst engrish I've heard, though I'm actually more surprised when any JP company hires someone who  can actually speak english.

well but you need to understand 2 important things, first is that the muv luv was released for the Japanese market exclusive so having "engrish" doesnt affect them in anything it was just a little touch of extra quality and you have to prise them for that and second the amount of money that age has vs yakuza (with sega behind them) the scope is just not even close.

Numerous Japanese companies now have an English-only speaking language policy imposed on company grounds so it's not that uncommon. Of course, none of these companies are in the game development industry.

There's lots of vns that include English (just not many translated, but hey there's not that many translated in the first place). Foreign languages aren't uncommon in vns anymore. Russian and Franponaise actually sound pretty good in vns and are picking up popularity :P

there are but mostly some few words you dont actually hear full dialogs (if you know of any vn that does something like this let me know), even in animes, for example in monster everyone there speaks a different language(german, polish, english, etc etc) but you hear them speaking japanese only so you need to imagine the whole situation :P

Im really looking forward to all these new features they are talking about adding! But the fully voiced Takeru? Im not sure how that would work out, is fully voiced MC even a thing in VNs? I cant really remember any that did that off the top of my head except for Quartett which was already pretty short.

Im really looking forward to all these new features they are talking about adding! But the fully voiced Takeru? Im not sure how that would work out, is fully voiced MC even a thing in VNs? I cant really remember any that did that off the top of my head except for Quartett which was already pretty short.