• Hanachirasu
    • Tsukihime
    • Sekien no Inganock
    • Umineko no Naku Koro ni

This poll is closed to new votes

Sekien no Inganock

N48iXHS.jpg

VNDB Description:

Inganock, a city isolated from the outside, a city where everything is distorted, even the sun. It all started ten years ago, at a day called as 'Revival'. Then residents of the city slowly changed into beings that are partially human and partially animal.

To this day, only a few still look fully human on the outside. One of these is Gii, a former medical student, now an illegal doctor that walks the city and cures the poor for free. He changed too, but only in the inside and his change enabled him a mysterious ability that he uses to heal people that keep mutating further every day.

He has a few 'friends' if you can call them that. One of them is a black steel cat girl called Ati. Another one is an old friend from his medical school that he just met again after ten years, Salem. And the games story really begins when he encounters a little girl with pink eyes named Kia...

Hmmm Inganock and Umineko are chuuni games? ...What definition of chuuni are you using here, because that seems very weird?

I'll quote Clephas because I'm lazy:

"My favorite genre, as most of you probably know, is chuuni.  Chuuni is a genre where the protagonist is generally at the center of events, able to effect those events, and the story is generally filled with melodramatic plot and spoken lines, meant to be taken absolutely seriously.  An example of chuuni anime, for example, would be Fate/Zero or Code Geass (to give you an idea of what to look for).  Chuuni comes from the word 'chuunibyou', which is a common stage of development for teenagers, when they desperately want to believe they are more than they are and sometimes even convince themselves they are more than they are.  Many people who get addicted to fantasy and science fiction tend to get addicted during this stage of their lives, and it is also a stage of life that people generally look back on with embarrassment once they get over it.  This is the reason why the Japanese stuck 'byou' onto the end of the word, which has the same kanji as the one for disease, lol. "

haven't most people played these games? but besides the point I'd pick 1 but the 18+ version wasn't translated so I'll pick 3.

That they have. Well, going back to classics once in a while isn't bad. 

They translated a version with two extra routes, though (including Tokimi, which is my favorite heroine in that game...) so I can't really blame them for that one. 

Aselia H isn't one of the best things ever either, so I think it was for the best, even if I had my fun with the rape route. 

Honestly 4/5 of the visual novels on this list are in my top 50 with Hanachirasu being the only exception and that's because I haven't read it yet. I mainly picked Aselia the Eternal (Eien no Aselia) because September-ish is the expected release date for Seinarukana and I thought it would be nice for people to try and play the first game in the series (not necessarily required but to give people a feel for what Seinarukana might be like and try to boost interest in it). It is also a very good visual novel and one of my favorites as well (hell all of them are).

You won't go wrong with anything you pick so go with whatever you think seems interesting.

voting for tsukihime, simply because its one of my favourite ones. refraining from 1, 2, 4 & 5

because:

- somehow never really liked the games story & couldnt warm up to its characters at all

- read it already what feels like 1 trillion times & yeah even talking about it tires me out.

- dont want to be remembered of it. loved the novel whilst reading it, everything was just too great, visuals, setting & whatoever i came across for like ~70% of the story, until one thing happened & my absolute favourite character has been killed off & that left me heartbroken. therefore hating it with passion

- great novel, but not great enough for claiming this months throne.

Question regarding Eien no Aselia

(Do not read if you have not played it yet)

If it won the vote, would we be expected to read through all routes? Or just a single pass? This is a great game but having to go through the drawn-out gameplay every route could really drag it out - it's actually one of the few VN's I ever dropped before fully finishing (I did at least half? the routes)

Question regarding Eien no Aselia

(Do not read if you have not played it yet)

If it won the vote, would we be expected to read through all routes? Or just a single pass? This is a great game but having to go through the drawn-out gameplay every route could really drag it out - it's actually one of the few VN's I ever dropped before fully finishing (I did at least half? the routes)

No, no, that'd be crazy of me. There are 7 routes in the tld version, I don't expect anyone to read it all (or more than 1 route, to be honest). 

No, no, that'd be crazy of me. There are 7 routes in the tld version, I don't expect anyone to read it all (or more than 1 route, to be honest). 

Gotcha ^^

I'll go with Sekien no Inganock - meant to do it a few months back, but life got in the way. August is pretty clear though, so I can take part with any title but Hanachirasu. :)

I am going with Eien no Aselia... because I tried reading it as my second VN and ended up stalling. Not because I didn't like it, but because I wanted to read Rewrite. :P

I really want to complete it though, as what I did play was truly awesome. :D

The first one or the fourth though the first seems to be really long so I'll pick the fourth

-Not fan of serious revenge story (though wicked one.... :holo: )

-What am I waiting? The remake obviously :makina:

-Have to finish Higurashi before :wafuu:

1-The first one or the fourth though the first seems to be really long so I'll pick the fourth

2-Not fan of serious revenge story (though wicked one.... :holo: )

3-What am I waiting? The remake obviously :makina:

4-Have to finish Higurashi before :wafuu:

1- If you want to play more than one route, yes, yes it is. The amount of hours I spent in Aselia is in the triple digits, though I replayed the game several times.

2- The protagonist is a very wicked one. You see things through the perspective of the bad guy- it's pretty interesting.

3- You'll die before it comes out. If you're very, very lucky, maybe your grandchildren will live to see it.

4- No, you don't. The stories are independent of each other- the most you'll get out of reading Higurashi is slightly knowing one character that barely appears in the first 4 games better. 

That said, the 4th is my pick- I do encourage your decision  :sachi: