Windows 10 error

hsmsful

This is a problem that happened to a friend of mine. Basically you know that people with genuine windows are messaged with the get windows 10 thingy so he agreed and his pc updated to windows 10 yesterday.

Now almost every vn can't work in fullscreen: muvluv, umineko , ef , fate and the list goes on

This message comes up:TcFGzdS.jpg

Saya no uta doesn't even boot up. 

Error is saying a graphic mode that can be supported doesn't exist and thus it can't go fullscreen.

Going to guess compatibility issues, are there any options to try different compatibilities on Windows 10? If so i'd suggest trying them.

This is why you don't update your Windows so early on.

Ah, it probably has to do with the directx 12 incorporation into the platform. Like NB said compatabilty modes might solve it (hopefully).

I almost got stuck with the same mess - reserved a copy by accident, not realizing it would autodownload it, so looked up how to cancel the reservation. I'm gonna leave it alone for at least 6 months...even then I may just ignore Win 10 unless there's something I "must"  have that only works with it - or if work somehow needs me to switch over.

He can't find a compatibility option like in windows 7 there and he did update his graphics driver. However it seems that this happened after another update after the initial one (by the initial one, I mean the one that installed windows 10) so restored his system to that time and the problem isn't there anymore. Dunno if it will continue to happen in windows 10.

Error is saying a graphic mode that can be supported doesn't exist and thus it can't go fullscreen.

Going to guess compatibility issues, are there any options to try different compatibilities on Windows 10? If so i'd suggest trying them.

I believe that this time Saya no uta is the problem. I've been running win 10 for a while because I had no other OS on this desktop and I've been trying my VNs(including even tsukihime a title from 99) and all of them worked, however saya no uta had everything working for me but the sound so it has to be seen if the problem is with the engine used.

edit: re-dled the files and reinstalled and the sound works, so everything is fine with the game and windows 10, after trying out some more VNs only osadai seems to be rip thanks to the kirikiri engine

• 6 months later...

Since we are talking about Saya no Uta, I am having trouble making it work. Downloaded it off of KickAssTorrents and whenever I try to start it up it gives me a library load error. Other times it tells me that there is something wrong with the system.dll in that I have the wrong version of Windows (am currently using 10, hence why I came here) or that the system.dll has an error. I've also tried using the AppLocale that comes with the download, but then a message telling me that there is a problem with the Windows Installer Package and that a program required for the install to complete could not be run.

Help me please, I REALLY want to play this highly rated game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2015 at 10:18 PM, Nosebleed said:

I don't think it's a compatibility issue, i run win 10 64 bits and Ef runs just fine without any tweaking