quote: If I am good enough

Kirashi

Hi!

Yesterday I saw a movie with an actor saying something like "If I am good enough/I you are fine with me" (in my native language) and it remembered me one VN when I saw this sentence.

It was a long time ago I remember a main character saying something like "if I am good enough" to a female character in a VN. I think that the female character thanked the main protago (the main protago failed when he asked I think) it was an heartbreaking moment and I am really going crazy because I really want to know where I saw that the first time. I tried to remember without success. I don't think the main character confessed, but i'm not sure. Maybe it was in Ayakashibito.

It may be stupid to ask this here, but those kind of things are important for me ^^, I really like this feeling while playing a VN.

Someone remember an event like this? Thank you.

Didn't really come across many male protagos in my VN journey that were insecure enough to tell them heroines the whole "worthy / deserve / good enough for you" speech but I'll get back to you if I do~

I am not sure it was a confession, but thank by the way ;)

In the original Majikoi Yamato kind of says this to Momoyo, in her route, because she doesn't see him as a man and he promises to be good enough for her one day.

I don't know any other then that, sorry.

Yeah I know. But I think this quote come from a moenovel/nakige. Even in the majikoi S you have for example

When matsunaga ask yamato to join her for the tournament. Yamato, he answer that if she is fine with him je will gladly join

But that's not it.

That does sounds like something Soushichi would say. Maybe you could try re-reading some key points in the VN again? 

It was not Clannad, maybe little buster? I don't know wich route.

Damn, I feel so stupid :/

In the original Majikoi Yamato kind of says this to Momoyo, in her route, because she doesn't see him as a man and he promises to be good enough for her one day.

I don't know any other then that, sorry.

GODDAMMIT!!!.

So this is how it feels when someone posts the same thing you were thinking of earlier than you...

I am not sure it was a confession, but thank by the way ;)

Yeah I know. But I think this quote come from a moenovel/nakige. Even in the majikoi S you have for example

When matsunaga ask yamato to join her for the tournament. Yamato, he answer that if she is fine with him je will gladly join

But that's not it.

It was not Clannad, maybe little buster? I don't know wich route.

Damn, I feel so stupid :/

Little Busters is a possibilty, as it had a fairly considerate/self-concious MC as well. I honestly can't remember either way, but I get what you mean - I feel I've read that kind of line as well. Possibly one of the side characters in Ayakishibito? I know the mini-romances going on between some of the cast had that tone to it as well.

Yeah. I don't know if I will help with this, but when the female character turned down the mal character, she gone and said something like "I'm glad you asked" (that's why I don't think it can be a confession)