Lightning Warrior Raidy 3 Info & Discussion (Now available)

sanahtlig

GC037_3.jpg

Genre: First-person dungeon-crawling RPG

Tags of interest: defeat rape, yuri, nukige

J-List

VNDB

Synopsis

After her adventures in the previous game, Raidy continues her adventures, with the three monsters Fonfon, Tiss and Folles following behind her, upset at having lost their home in the dungeon. They head to the crime-ridden town of Vice, where Raidy hopes to get help from the local Thieves' Guild. When the four are unable to pay for their meal at an inn, they get in big trouble. The only way to pay off the debt and get their weapons back is to enter a dungeon and remove an evil alchemist who's been kidnapping the humans in the town to perform experiments on them...

Once again Raidy must enter a series of mazes and defeat wandering monsters and evil bosses who do naughty things if she loses. But this time there's a new twist: a magical item that allows Raidy to merge with one other individual, allowing the creation of a new being with new strengths that are suitable to take on this new challenge.

If you go into a Raidy game expecting it to be like Kamidori Alchemy Meister, you're going to be extremely disappointed.  They're nukige with very barebones gameplay and plot.  The ero, however, is pretty good.

Also, a video review of Lightning Warrior Raidy 1+2:

I do.  A footnote in an existing thread wasn't enough to justify the 2 hours or so I spent drafting the opening post.  If you'd prefer, in the future I'll avoid devoting time to promoting games you like...

No need as I never said the thread wasn't actually a good idea. 

So did anyone actually receive the game yet?

You would think they would just have a method to send the code to everyone who bought it all at once but I'm doubtful they are that efficient. Hopefully I shall receive it by the end of the day at the latest.

JAST said that they're working with J-List to automate the download code distribution process by the time Shiny Day releases. Right now I believe the download codes are sent out individually, by hand. In addition, since many of J-List's customer support people are based in Japan, their work day often doesn't coincide with JAST's game releases, adding further delays.

~~~

Just played through the prologue and the first floor of the initial dungeon. As promised, the prologue is pretty substantial--took me 1-2hrs on auto mode pausing for all the voices. Raidy 3 actually has a story. The setting gets some development, and characters other than Raidy and her trio of comrades have their own motives and place in the world. For a Raidy game, the development of the characters and setting was unexpected.

The gameplay is... as expected, barebones dungeon crawling.  Not much different from Raidy 2 in that respect.  Fusing with the 3 heroines buffs Raidy's stats in different ways.  The wolf girl gives Raidy high hit rate and evasion, but penalizes her defense.  The demon girl gives Raidy high attack power and defense, at the expense of hit rate.  The elf girl is balanced with medium attack power.  Unfused Raidy is pretty weak with very low attack power (at least with her starting weapon), and she won't be able to deal with threats unless she outlevels them significantly.

In the very first floor the demon girl is not very useful, as her hit rate is so low you'll have to attack 20 times or so to kill anything.  There's no true "shop" in this game, at least at this point; instead you automatically trade random drops from enemies and are rewarded with various items.  Until she hits level 3 Raidy is extremely weak, and she can be 1 or 2-hit by the strongest mob on the first floor, so you'll want to save often.  Of note is that the H-scenes, both victory and defeat ones, vary significantly depending on who Raidy is fused with (they're not simple palette swaps with added lines or added characters).  This adds some degree of replayability, as each boss encounter can lead to 8 unique H-scenes.

It's worth mentioning that there's absolutely zero explanation what the various stats do in-game.  DMG and DEF are fairly self-explanatory, but AP and PP are not.  My guess is that AP affects hit rate and PP affects evasion rate.  While I don't see any issues with the dialogue translation, small issues like this do mar the experience (it's not good when I feel like I need to hunt down Japanese screenshots to figure out what's going on with the system).

• 1 month later...

Hello! I hope I'm not asking for a troubleshoot in the wrong post, but I have digged around and don't see another Raidy3 post here so I guess I can only ask for help here.

I can't play.

When I opened the game the screen is just...blank.  Not black blank but white blank. With nothing.  I can hear the opening music, but there's nothing for me to see on the screen.

Anyone help?