Who here is dying to play persona 5!?

Mikata jin

It might trump 3 and 4. For me personally, 3 is the big one; but that's just personal preference. The combat/dungeon gameplay seems like it may only slightly change things up. Not broken; don't fix it, I suppose. I'm hoping they do something about those social links.

The 'daytime' activities of 3 and 4 were the biggest complaint for me. Social links with anyone bar the main party felt ridiculously hollow. Comparing them to VN routes is like comparing 'Duck Hunt' to 'Call of Duty'. Even links with party members had absolutely no significant effect on the main storyline at all. Fair enough if you want to keep relationships a secret so you can have a harem, but it would be cool to have at least the option of having, for example, a girlfriend/boyfriend in the party which would make at least some token variations of dialogue in important cut-scenes. And why does it make no difference whatsoever to the camaraderie of the team if I'm at level 10 or 0 with everyone? I could be a complete arse who spends all my time presumably wanking in my bedroom during the day and doing 100% of the fighting with no other party members and they'll all still love me at the end of the game.

I actually did this, seriously.

So yeah. Overall, I'm sceptical. If it just adds about as much to the series after P4 as P4 added after P3 (not much), then I'll be satisfied. If it's a total revamp of the series like P3 was after P2, it will be one of my favourite games ever.

Wishful thinking. I'll believe it when I see it. Atlus puts in minimal effort when it comes to European releases. On top of that, Atlus is now a subsidiary of Sega - another publisher/developer notorious for giving zero fucks about the west.