Otakon2015 Announcements & Discussion

kyrt

It's a bit less than an hour until the panel so I will post my predictions here so the record can prove how wrong smart I was.

1. Supipara. They may be counting this as one of the five.

2. Tsuriotsu. It's accessible, it's well regarded, it fits in line with what sells for them, it's modern and looks nice, I don't know why they wouldn't pick it up.

3. Fortissimo. I think MangaGamer wants to do more action chuuni stuff and this is one such title that's already available to them and can go on Steam.

4. Aoiro Rinne. The hint posted on their twitter very strongly alluded to this. The one problem with the theory is that Doddler has said none of the announcements are for games that have had fan projects before, but perhaps he misspoke and meant fan patches. Either way, this fits way too well with their hint.

5. Some BL title. NTY did well for MG and I do believe that they said Good Haro's next translation will be announced at Otakon. I know almost nothing about BL and I can't begin to give even a half-assed guess at what it would be. It's probably not gay butlers. 

Something else to note: one of the announced titles is going to be translated by Conjuorer and Garerei, the duo behind Himawari. Fortissimo would be something they might translate. I do believe either Tulip Goddess Maria or BlackDragonHunt said their next titles are being announced at Otakon and I'm annoyed I can't remember who (maybe it's both). Maria has said that she'll translate almost anything as long as she doesn't hate it. Cafe is finished on Euphoria and is free to work on something else, which would be Aoiro Rinne, the title he was fan translating before he was recruited by MG. I would say that Aoiro Rinne is the least likely of the bunch, actually, because of the doddler quote, and also because it's from a totally dead publisher and how would anyone even get the rights? Even still, all of the other options I'm looking at seem even less likely to me.

Such meaningless speculation when you could just wait 50 minutes to hear the truth.  :makina:

edit: There will be a livestream here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/animecons-industry2

And a liveblog here: http://t.co/oxOler9Q0b

Kind of wish Kyrt would update the OP or that I would have posted another thread to hijack that role. Oh well, too late now. I'm much too lazy to make an actual effort post tonight.  :makina:  :makina:

lol how long is this panel? If they are going over all the previous announcements they are not leaving much room for the new titles unless it's a 2 hour panel.

I also have to say anyone who has played the Sono Hanabira series is well aware that the statement that guy made is BS.