Dead Projects?

Kaguya

I don't know if someone already posted something like this (after searching for the keywords: dead, stopped and project I found nothing though) And I'd like to make this topic to talk about some dead projects.

So, there are some really awesome VNs out there, waiting to be translated. Sadly, some times a group of people start translating one and the whole project ends up falling apart because of various reasons,- Still! Lots of people who may be interested in translating them end up not picking said title because they think someone is still translating it- just at a very slow pace, or something along those lines.

I thought it would be nice to have the dead projects in an easy place to see- thus I decided to post it here. If anyone has any info about dead projects, I'd like that said person posted it here.

If there is already a topic or a link for this, I'm really sorry. But I searched and found none.

Yeah, VNTLS works very well, also if you find wrong info there just email them and they will fix it (they had one project listed as dropped where it actually wasn't, I emailed them and next day it was fixed).

Yeah, VNTLS works very well, also if you find wrong info there just email them and they will fix it (they had one project listed as dropped where it actually wasn't, I emailed them and next day it was fixed).

Yeah they are pretty good on that kind of stuff, the updates are off of the 4chan updates anyways so they are usually the most up to day.

• 4 years later...

Eh, @Chewy, hate to stop your crazy necro spree, but we do kind of frown upon necro bumping threads, unless you intend on continuing the discussion in some way.

EDIT: So, with that said, I'm going to clean up the random posts in this thread.

If anyone does have something to add to this, feel free to, of course. (Now that it has been bumped to the front page...) Just keep it on topic if you do.

The translation for Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse has been dead since 2015. I know there's already an anime for it but it's an adaptation, meaning that it (probably) cuts parts from the VN. 

There's also the KimiNozo translation which has been dead since 2016. Again, I know there's an anime adaptation of it but it also (probably) doesn't tell the full story.

Well, there are still a lot of other dead translation projects which I want to see revived but the above 2 mentioned are the ones I can recall right now :amane:

Edited by wei123

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

There's also the KimiNozo translation which has been dead since 2016. Again, I know there's an anime adaptation of it but it also (probably) doesn't tell the full story.

Well, it was going to go official, but now that age broke up with Degica, I have no idea if it's ever going to be released.

8 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, it was going to go official, but now that age broke up with Degica, I have no idea if it's ever going to be released.

Almost 17 years old and still no translation even though it's one of the most popular vns out there. What is age even thinking :amane:

14 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Almost 17 years old and still no translation even though it's one of the most popular vns out there. What is age even thinking :amane:

Something probably didn't go well with negotiations and now that TL is stuck in translation hell.

We can only hope it either comes out officially or Evan continues the project as a fan translation later on.

14 hours ago, Jazid-Kun said:

Well, Amairo Islenauts translations seems already dead since their last patch (just prlouge though ) at 2014. 

Either way, I used VNR for read it ~

Still waiting for another yuzusoft vn be translated.... sighh..

To be fair, Yuzusoft seems to be on a mission to get every single one of their VNs localized. Maybe Amairo will come out in the West eventually.