What are you playing?

As an "innocent" attempt to get my roomie into visual novels, we've played (read?) through the first released chapter of Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient. He ended up really liking it, and I found it quite awesome as well. This time around, ghosts aren't the only offenders, there also are creatures very reminiscent to zombies - but it's not as if they simply ran out of ideas, the nature of the undead is hinted upon, and well... let's just say that whoever played BloodCovered and Book of Shadows should know what it is. Yep, in the real world. In an hospital. Shit got real.  :o

We got only one of the endings, which was probably the worst possible outcome, so we should replay soon. :D In the meantime, we're playing through BloodCovered-- I think my roomie is already past the point of no return.  :lol:

I can't seem to agree with myself if the protag of Grisaia is a dick or not :unsure: ...

Aw, he's not a dick, he's just... broken. :D I never saw his actions as being purposefully harsh, it's more like that's the norm for him. And it's the reason why he's in the school in the first place, too.

That's what I liked so much about Grisaia, Yuuji has big problems of his own. He's not the normal guy surrounded by broken girls, or a MC that's unreasonably badass just because he's the protagonist (or so that he can be a wish-fulfilment character, even); his "proficiency" in things is actually a minus, and the point of the story is for him to get rid of them. Well, at least it seemed like that to me. :)

I figured out why I don't like the secret unlockable heroine in Hoshimemo.

She reminds me a lot of Daisy from The Great Gatsby.  Not so much her personality, but in the way that You obsesses over her.  He knows almost nothing about her, yet, at several points in the story, he almost blew off his friends and potential girlfriends just to keep trying to find her.  You is very much like Gatsby when he thinks about her, and it's extremely unhealthy.  When he isn't thinking about her, he acts like a normal person and enjoys being around his friends.  Obsessing over anything that much is bad, especially when it keeps you from moving on in your life.  I see her as a damaging influence to You, at least before her route, anyway.

That's the point. Letting go of the past is one of the two main themes in Hoshimemo; the other would be "cruel kindness". I suppose you could say the secret route kind of muddies the "leave the past behind" message a bit in favor of the second one. However, it's more the girl's realization than You's attitude that leads to conflict resolution in the route, so it's at least not completely invalidated :s

Are you playing it at the moment too?

Yeah the soundtrack is a bit annoying. I like the sound effects though, like the crackling fire and swirling wind, really adds to the atmosphere.

Yes I am.

And you are right, the background sounds do have a positive effect.

Silence, not complete silence but a natural silence really helps the immersion.

Tried out edelweiss and it is just ok so far. The art style is a bit of a put off. I also found there are not enough choices and the story just drags a bit. I'm thinking I'm near the end of the first route I tried which is the teacher. The story tends to spend too much time focusing on trivial things to do with your idiot friends. I was hoping for something a little bit different

Tried out edelweiss and it is just ok so far. The art style is a bit of a put off. I also found there are not enough choices and the story just drags a bit. I'm thinking I'm near the end of the first route I tried which is the teacher. The story tends to spend too much time focusing on trivial things to do with your idiot friends. I was hoping for something a little bit different

Second the idiot friends part. If I ever see another "but what if I put it in the wrong hole?!" joke in a visual novel...I might just snap. Some of the Edelweiss character routes were alright, though I don't feel they justify reading the rest of it.

As for the art style...do you feel the same way about Kira Kira's? Or is it just the blinking eyes?

Second the idiot friends part. If I ever see another "but what if I put it in the wrong hole?!" joke in a visual novel...I might just snap. Some of the Edelweiss character routes were alright, though I don't feel they justify reading the rest of it.

As for the art style...do you feel the same way about Kira Kira's? Or is it just the blinking eyes?

It's those eyes and ears in proportion to the rest of their body. I'd rather see characters drawn with a more grown up look say like bible black.

Kamidori. Its quite ok, the gameplay reminds me of pokemon dungeon explorer which i liked alot. Serawi is nice, the other two are not, eventhough Yuela is a tsundere she is not totaly dislikable, Emelita on the other hand makes me wanna quit the game, she is so annoying. The protagonsit is ok, he is not a villain which is a shame, but i dont dislike him for being the good protagonist.

lets see where this goes...

That's the point. Letting go of the past is one of the two main themes in Hoshimemo; the other would be "cruel kindness". I suppose you could say the secret route kind of muddies the "leave the past behind" message a bit in favor of the second one. However, it's more the girl's realization than You's attitude that leads to conflict resolution in the route, so it's at least not completely invalidated :s

Good point.  Still, I find it hard to like her character, even though I know nothing about her.  I guess I'm projecting my dislike of You's stupid obsession onto her, too, but still.  I dun like her.

---

Starting Grisaia no Kajitsu.  Hope it lives up to all the hype I've heard about it.

Amane was great person inside and outside, thats why she my fav

Sachi wa also nice. did lack in the breast depertmant though and was bit too obeying

Makina was just an annoyance for me, still better then a tsundere though

Michiru the tsundere, bound to be hated

Sakaki the psychopathic reckless blade swinger...

http://vndb.org/v8174 Playing this at the moment.  I dropped it after it came out because I got busy with work, and then I wasn't in the mood for soft stuff (I generally need some good violence and hedge philosophy to get the juices running and relieve the stress from long hours working).    So, it sat in my backlog until I pulled it out today.  This is a game by Rosebleu, a company that produces nice comedy VNs with decent stories.  Stellar Theater and its FD were great... if you like ecchi comedy with fantasy elements, lol. 

Just arrived at the accident in Amane's route.

Lol, Kazami Kazuki was one hell of a girl.

Agree 100%

She's such an amazing yet weird character. Most of the stuff she did really amazed and confused me. Really hope we get to see more of her in the 2 sequels