What are you playing?

On 10/10/2016 at 9:07 PM, Decay said:

You REALLY need to make a concerted effort to not lose track of the plot in I/O. It gets so much more complicated, dude. Like orders of magnitude more complicated. If you're losing the plot now, I shudder to think how you'll handle the rest.

u'll shudder pretty bad, cuz I'm sure i won't down I/O until like another month :holo: 

But dw, more or less i was just like 'wait, that's it??' because there was like a 3 day gap for me in between the final choice w/ Sakuya in Route A and the 10 minute exposition ending afterwards

Finished B in I/O, ermahgawd i'm actually making progress faster than i anticipated

Overall a bit more enjoyable than A, the camaraderie between the members of Criminal was refreshing after having to put up with boring ol' qq-er Hinata, and I liked how every bad end resulted from you not picking the obvious 'power of friendship conquers all!@#'  choices

The code backwards thing was l0l, i would've never noticed that

Fk Enlil, Ishtar shall have her revenge!@#

Yumi > Sami

~~
Also somehow just breezed through C cuz I started it up while typing this post but then got hooked,

First impression: Oh look, it's Ishtar again, but she seems a bit different, maybe she's the onee-sama to Route B's Ishtar y'know, twin style, or maybe she's just hardened/broken after the events of B, or-

Queue the selective amnesia and the future -> past quantum mechanics schrodingers cat virtual reality shadow null BS, and I'll admit that things did feel a bit annoyingly convoluted at times. Did create an irresistible hook though- i just had to know what wtf going on

HE's identity was obvious as fuh, like idk if they wanted it to be a mystery or anything, but i was just screaming at my Tabby the whole time so when I finally see His face I'm just like  HWSad1g.gif

Enlil's a girl. Oh noes. It was obvious since Route A, but baka Hinata is as unreliable narrator as can get apparently.

Ending revelation was good, wow'ed me, though they kind of spoiled it early on with the

Spoiler

"where's R?"

I died a bit on the inside though upon learning the fate of Criminal. I liked B's Ishtar's blood tear CG ending as she swore revenge against Enlil- it was a nice 'energetic and carefree protagonist finally becomes srs buziness!@#' moment. But nope, everyone but Yumi will get wiped out ;-;

~~

I'm guessing D will fill in the horrific blanks C left with its fragmented narrative and then continue where C left off, but

I'm tired tho so gnite

Btw Yumi >>> Sami

Yumi> Sami, agree. But it's like choosing between horseshit and bullshit xD Two worst characters in the A and B routes. ;d 

Glad to see you liking it, I was hooked at the C route as well. Wrargh it's annoying to not be able to say anything, because spoilers at every corner. :D 

On 10/14/2016 at 3:43 AM, Vorathiel said:

Glad to see you liking it, I was hooked at the C route as well. Wrargh it's annoying to not be able to say anything, because spoilers at every corner. :D 

See, i thought i was making good progress when I started up route E, but then i looked at the Fuwa walkthrough for I/O and see all this route A/B/C/D ver. 0.1 -> E bad -> A/B/C/D v.1.0 -> E normal -> A/B/C/D ' -> E true and I'm just like    \ :ren: /

I'm guessing they'll just be follow up plot snippets though instead of more 5 hour spammings of "I" in multiple colors (love this mechanic btw), but we'll see

For now though my head already popped, not even halfway through E, it's not that hard to follow, but I have midterms this week, sooooooooo

I'm Out.

1 hour ago, kooolm said:

Finished Koichoco AT LAST. It took me a really long time. Pretty enjoyable, Satsuki's the best girl.

After finishing Chisato's route, I couldn't really get myself to read the other routes. I enjoyed it (a bit too much) and I couldn't imagine going for another route because 

Spoiler

Chisato makes it blatantly obvious that she likes the MC in the common route (If I remember correctly) and I would feel pretty bad if I were to go for another girl :komari:

8 hours ago, Limerence_ said:

After finishing Chisato's route, I couldn't really get myself to read the other routes. I enjoyed it (a bit too much) and I couldn't imagine going for another route because 

Hide contents

Chisato makes it blatantly obvious that she likes the MC in the common route (If I remember correctly) and I would feel pretty bad if I were to go for another girl :komari:

Nobody really likes her, so it wasn't a problem. She was getting in the way creating forced drama in every single route.

Looks like Chisato was quite a base breaker here. I said this because I'd read that some people also didn't mind her too much. To each of their own I guess, although I understand if some people find her was very annoying though.

As for the title, I'll continue Amane's route from Flyable Heart after procrastinating it for several days here.

By the way, I did the first look for Chrono Clock using Japanese game and complete save from Sagaoz. By the way, the interface was the same as Hapymaher (Same company duh). Oh, although I only tell my observation here I better be careful in case there was some big spoiler below.

Spoiler

Looking from completed save there, since I'd said that Chrono Clock remind me of Hourglass of Summer at the premise (Or something like that) back at VNDB, I would like to think that Chrono Clock was divided into 4 arcs here (Following Beliar's review of Hourglass which divided it into 4 arcs). Those arcs for Chrono Clock were Miu's arc for the prologue, common route, character route, and Kuro's arc. Kuro's arc here obviously her route which called 'Repeat'; common route is exactly what I state; character route was the routes for heroines other than Miu and Kuro; and finally the reason I said the prologue was Miu's arc because according to some observation and Clephas statement that in first half of prologur MC spending time with Miu, and since Miu's 'route' was very short (Only confession and epilogue) therefore I'd like to think that the prologue here would be the real Miu's route if we think route like in any charage. Just my opinion here.

Well, That's all and I'm still waiting for Chrono Clock translated here.

There is this group of people who stick too much to the canon heroine (or just their favourite), but I'm a completionist and I play to see the whole game. Only then can I decide who has the better route.

Maybe this was shaped by my first VN-like game being Shira Oka and playing it for the true end. That took some patience.

On 1/13/2015 at 4:11 PM, Decay said:

Make sure you read I/O in the right order. I don't even know why they give you an option on read order, when reading in the wrong order is so bad. I kind of hate the entire route structure of the VN. What I mean is the whole with 1.0 routes where you have to replay routes to see extra scenes, and doing so is required to unlock Route E's ending. The problem being that nobody is going to reread those routes in their entirety, and by skipping the rest of the text, you get all of the new tidbits totally out of context. It makes for a very poor reading experience. 

This times ∞, seriously, was not worth having to replay/skip through ALL the routes again just for these scarce little tidbits of new info...

~~
E route was fun. It had a nice 'grand route' feel to it with the characters all making their final push to the end. And you gotta admit this is a pretty badass roster :sachi: 

Spoiler

cACzV4Q.png (788×592)

Not gonna lie, Yumishtar is my guilty pleasure :kosame:

But man, fk this VN. It's legit the epitome, the biggest bad, the king of kings of all VNs with a mindscrewy sci-fi element to them. Virtual vs. Reality, Time Travel, Higher Dimensions, Multiple Universes, Quantum Mechanics... you name it, I/O's got it. I understand what's going on, but at the same time I don't :rimu:

Multilayer World Hypothesis. No doubt that is my favorite scene in the entire VN so far, with the infinite recursion & characters doubting their existence and whatnot. Was thrilling. And trippy.

A part of the oomph though is tragically lost in a glorious Mass Effect 3 God Child fashion:

Spoiler

Iu5dItn.png (784×592)

gZeCYTj.png (780×594)

Late game higher level being introduced as one of the root causes of all the shat that's been going on in this shat story due to their shat logic? YO FK YOU, ISHTAR DIED FOR THIS??!!!@#

~~
Making my way through the prime routes now, starting with D'. It's a bit longer than I thought however, so it'll probably be a while more until I can get back to the E true end.

Liking getting to finally see some more backstory to Annuki, along with getting glimpses as to the upcoming big BIG revelation regarding He and Onee-sama:

Spoiler

PIPHGSm.png (788×594)

fSMdbR7.png (792×594)

Ummm, why do Ereshkigal and Sin have the same hairstyle....with the same two ahoges...and same-ish clothing..... and the same colored black "I"s...........................

...Nah. Just a coincidence right :makina: 

Just now, Forgetful Frank said:

After @mitchhamilton and @DarkZedge showing me the error of my ways...I've stopped playing the other several VN's I've started and not finished, and began focusing on one at a time. :michiru:

I'm now reading Princess Evangile and I'm completely addicted to the story and characters, and can't stop reading it! :pyaa:

Good work Franku, keep at it and you'll finish them in no time. It also helps you get more immersed in the stories and everything.

I'm glad I was able to help you, even if I had to be a bit forceful :makina:.

Enjoy PE Franku :sacchan: 

2 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

After @mitchhamilton and @DarkZedge showing me the error of my ways...I've stopped playing the other several VN's I've started and not finished, and began focusing on one at a time. :michiru:

I'm now reading Princess Evangile and I'm completely addicted to the story and characters, and can't stop reading it! :pyaa:

Good choice Frankie, that's how you should go about reading tbh. I was like that before too; reading like 5 VNs at a time.

I find that focusing on one makes the overall experience much more satisfying, as you are pulled into the VN in a lot more. (If that makes sense ... Things I say rarely does, but ... meh)

PE does have a pretty fantastic cast, which makes it a really enjoyable read.

Just now, DarkZedge said:

I'm glad I was able to help you, even if I had to be a bit forceful :makina:.

S-Someone call the police! :pyaa:

So, I've started to play Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na now, my first August game. :rolleyes:

It's fairly old and probably just moege, but I like the moon theme. Which propably makes this my personal star gazer season of the year, with the Mirai Nostalgia I'm currently also reading in Japanese.

Well, to be precise, I had to make a little break from all the moe in Koiken Otome for a short time and watched two seasons of Dexter first. And now, several serial killers and dozens of victims later, I feel 'rejuvenated' again for more moe. :illya:

44 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

So, I've started to play Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na now, my first August game. :rolleyes:

It's fairly old and probably just moege, but I like the moon theme.

Premise from vndb:

The story is set in very distant future, in a time when mankind is just recovering from decades of war fought between Earth and a terraformed Moon. The war was so devastating that it set technological progress back by decades if not centuries(...). Although the world is now at peace, there continues to be distrust between the Sphere Kingdom (Moon) and the Earth Federation. Travel between the two is restricted for diplomatic purposes and confined to a single spaceport on Earth.

Fuck yeah, sounds awesome!

Screenshots from vndb:

Spoiler

11577.jpg 11579.jpg 11582.jpg

Regular high school moe-charage. ;_; Why u du dis Japan, why?

11 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Premise from vndb:

Fuck yeah, sounds awesome!

Screenshots from vndb:

Reveal hidden contents

11577.jpg 11579.jpg 11582.jpg

Regular high school moe-charage. ;_; Why u du dis Japan, why?

Game's can have settings in schools without being generic moe-charage... :P

Don't forget that games like G-senjou no Maou and Dies Irae also have school settings. Doesn't make them generic moe games instantly.

(Not saying this particular one isn't, as I haven't played it so I really don't know, but that is a bit of a silly attitude in general, considering a lot of games have some form of school setting, and some form of "cute"-ish CG in them at some point. This doesn't define their genre.)

5 hours ago, TexasDice said:

How are there still people who don't understand that tags > description?

Oh god this. It's a problem of expectations, though. VNDB descriptions are usually trying to set the hook for a game, not tell you what the reading experience is going to be like. I've read the Majo Koi Nikki description on VNDB many times by now, and I cringed most of those times. Then I wrote my own replacement for it (I should really get that put up there one of these days...), and now I read my own description and cringe instead. Neither the original nor mine tells you anything about what the actual game experience is like, because to do that in a game description format, you'd basically have to spoil the whole thing.

On further fronts, Fred finally finished Funbag Fantasy. Time to pick up something new, preferably with fewer titjobs. I really wanted it to be Demonbane 2 (un-TLed, hoorah!), but for the life of me I can't get it to run, so maybe I really will finally read Yurirei.