What are you playing?

24 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

So you finished the entire Innocent Grey collection while I'm still in the first half of Flowers?! That's... depressing. :amane:

Or you could marathon all Sakura games... :illya:

On a more serious note, you could try to tackle Uminko if you haven't already read it. It's probably the longest translated VN and you seem to have the required 'reading persistence' for it. It actually looks pretty good with the PS2 art patch. Except you got tired from mystery for the moment and want to read something different.

Do you mean Umineko ? :rimu:  If you had , then i already read that , but still thanks for the suggestion. :sachi:

I'm currently playing Cute Demon Crashers. It's been intriguing me for some time, being the only game I've ever heard of that qualifies as both otome and nukige, and there's something very refreshing about an obviously sex-centered VN (no romance at all) with a female target audience. The H-scenes have a very strong focus on foreplay, and with every new act of said foreplay you can choose to continue, skip said act or stop the scene altogether. The game puts a very strong emphasis on consent and feeling safe in in intimacy

Obviously, The protag is completely self-insert and the characters, plot etc. are very, very underdeveloped and downright cheesy, but that should already be obvious from the nukige tag. The overall charm and polish more than make up for it for me. It's worth a try at least, considering the price tag of nada. 

My only real problem so far is that as a result of all the focus on consent, the demons don't feel like demons AT ALL. Mirari and Kael especially, they feel more like hippies than anything else.

H hides the UI. You're welcome.

vndb

In the last few months I'm finishing 'open' vns. I finished Kikokugai, I finally srugled to the end of Grisaia, I loathed every minute that was in Killer QUeen, and I'm moving on my last 3 titles.

I'm reading all 3 of them at once, and I plan to finish them by the end of the week. Then I'll be finally free to start Ever17.

In last few days:
* I read a lot through it, and I'm right now in the last chapter of great FataMorgana. I closed it just after obtaining the first key. Love this VN. Leaving the rest of this final chapter for one, long session on friday.

* Finished Love (filler) and Steel (good, but not great as Heaven/Sky) Sagas in Dengeki Stryker. And overall it's a great vn, Clie is a great new character that appeared in 'Cho' version. I want to see more of her, and her interactions with Yamato and Sayaka. Both she and Yuuki are the same 'blockheaded, ultra noble' characters and their interactions are glorious. It's rariety to see this trope done right, but Dengeki Stryker really succeded on this field.

* Period. And after first few (Aoi [especially her!], Mizuhara, and even Myiu) routes I came acros tragically bad Asahi route, with good idea but so convoluted and chaotic execution, that it was just painfull to read. To add insult to the injury, Asahi is tsunderish piece of shit, and protag here is especially big pussy. For next route I choose blond student council president. And...ugh. At start it's focused on Rin, annoying tsunderish little kid. But blond one is bossy bitch as well, and here protag is even bigger pussy than in Asahis' route. It's painfull. It's terrible. If this would be about protag who is just 'pure hearted' and 'kind' and it's tossed around by mean (in my eyes, but they probably are not that, as far as they know...) people, I could sympathize with him. But he is not. He is just a regular normal guy, who doesn't like being tossed around. But he is doing nothing about it and just going 'with the flow', not even being angry on himself to being unable to doing nothing about his situation. [that could be probably a good drama, inner problems of person who can't stand up to others. Guy who hate his situation, but it's to, let's say 'shy', to do anything].
The worst thing abouth protag here are his thoughts.
Let's imagine a situation.
Girl is doing mean shit, is making noise, a lot of commotion, muddle, mess and creating chaos in protags' life.
But the only thing she wants, is to obtain an 'Object A'.

And finally, after long long hour(s) of reading, after she made all this ruckus, she finally gets this Object, she's happy.
Protag is confunded, tired, sad, frustrated. And then comes a dialogue:

Protag: That's what you wanted to obtain form the start?
Girl: Isn't that obvious you baka?
Protag: So why didn't you just ask me for it? I would gladly give it to you, you fiend!

But that last line he says only in his mind, saying aloud only:
'...'
And then girls just frowns at him, for acting like an idiot.

This is so frustrating for me as a reader. It's basically a mark of terrible protag. Seen this in almost every charage. Especially with high on moe/fluff. I hate that. [but somehow it's not tunning down my newly found hype for Kanon... :ph34r: I know I will suffer, but oh well. Isn't suffering what a 'life' is anyway?]

Meh. My thoughts came out as chaotic as Asahi route. I'll write proper 'opinion/review' when I finish this, but for now I ceased to like this vn. :< It's sad because I have still quite a lot of it to read, much more than Fata and Dengeki. Combined.

But keep your fingers crossed, I really need to finish them all, before I will start E17. ^^

Just now, PixelFade said:

I'll never tell! :illya:

Really happy to hear ACE was a fun experience! :kosame:

Oh, definitely, I'm recommending it non-stop to people :wahaha:

It's the kind of VN that brings faith to western VNs, so fingers crossed more people will listen to me! Gl with Crystalline, btw, will keep watching 'em dev streams.

4 hours ago, PixelFade said:

Thank you for your faith in us! :sacchan:

May I suggest selling the game outside of steam. Not many people like to use it and prefer to download digitally without it.

Heck, even I found this game by chance when I was browsing around to kill time. I saw this game on Steam and thought that I'd definitely give it a chance. Did not regret it one bit!!!

You guys really outdid yourselves on this one. The characters were well thought out and the voices themselves were expressed perfectly especially Valerie and Kaori (I know I've been saying that a lot). I hope you guys continue to add some more content for this game but if not, I'll be looking forward to the next one: Crystalline.

1 hour ago, jetpack003 said:

May I suggest selling the game outside of steam. Not many people like to use it and prefer to download digitally without it.

Uhh, You know, tens of millions of people use Steam right? Considering Steam sales of VNs tend to outperform non-steam sales, even for eroge that gets censored, I don't think you can generalize like this. 

That said, selling the game on the humble store or something would be pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

Uhh, You know, tens of millions of people use Steam right? Considering Steam sales of VNs tend to outperform non-steam sales, even for eroge that gets censored, I don't think you can generalize like this. 

That said, selling the game on the humble store or something would be pretty cool.

Yeah, that sentence wasn't expressed properly.

I meant that some people may prefer to download games outside of Steam and not only be restricted to buying that game from it, if that makes sense.

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:45 AM, DarkZedge said:

I'm playing Flowers and Dengeki Stryker and then some other stuff that's going a bit slower. @Jun Inoue do let me know how that goes, been wanting to test out that partial since I've wanted to play SKM for the longest time.

Well, finished the TL part yesterday and it's pretty nice. There's enough TLed to see how the plot differs and branches from Koihime. As for the TL itself, it's pretty good until after the 1st town event (I think?) where it's obvious that this is a partial "unedited" patch, so you'll find a bunch of grammatical and semantic mistakes here and there that I'm guessing will be polished later on.

54 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Well, finished the TL part yesterday and it's pretty nice. There's enough TLed to see how the plot differs and branches from Koihime. As for the TL itself, it's pretty good until after the 1st town event (I think?) where it's obvious that this is a partial "unedited" patch, so you'll find a bunch of grammatical and semantic mistakes here and there that I'm guessing will be polished later on.

I will wait for the full patch, altough i honestly really have a hard time waiting.

Still playing seinarukana.
I really like the story but I cant stand the gameplay anymore. Which is why it is taking so freaking long.

13 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

God I'm sooo Jelly my dorm wifi will not let me on the digital storefront, so I haven't been able to get a copy.

Ah... Hope you'll be able to get it soon!

I just finished the first case. Being the first case, it was rather 'normal' (Well, typical AA first case, plus the Divination Séance), but damn it was good to have a new case rather than replay what I already played over and over again.

And, I have to say this: THE TEXT IS ADAPTED TO THE 3DS XL SCREEN!!!!!!! Yeah, it's not blurred like in Dual Destinies, it's so better.

I'm actually reading Xblaze Code Embryo on PSVITA and I'm enjoying it so far. It has good art and special effects. The characters are a bit stereotyped and the plot isn't so mind blowing or anything, but I do like them both. Basically it's all dialogue and no description of events or internal thoughts and that adds a very strong anime feel to the experience.

TL;DR: it's a light VN and very enjoyable if your looking for something not too heavy to read. 

My Flyable Heart playthrough here was already delayed for a while. I'll continue it later as soon as I will be able to play my laptop, because right now I'm not bring my laptop here overseas (I'm in Malaysia right now, taking care of real life stuff). Oh, sorry for telling my personal story here, and for Flyable Heart I was about to enter Mayuri's route here and I will tell my impression about Mayuri's route here.