What are you playing?

3 hours ago, MFrost said:

Just got past the part that Sister Mishima was joking around near the lake. Dammit Masaya! Make her eyes truly sparkle for you!! ... was my only thought. Would've been nice to see her in something else than her nun outfit though :(

I'm probably going with Ayaka first. I like the heroines that are playful/teasing/fun and then I'll do Chiho. She doesn't seem like other Childhood friend's yet compared to the few ones I've played so far, so that's nice. I'm expecting some of the usual HSDrama with her route though, as for Ayaka, I'm not really sure, but I'd like to show up the headmistress, so maybe Ritsuko's 3rd. I'm actually saving at points in the beginning for both Ayaka and Chiho's routes, which is why it's probably taken me so long to finish the prologue before getting into their route.
If Tamie had a route, she'd be first though. I wanna wear her hat.

Shit, I meant Ayaka's route is better, Chiho's sucks.  What did I just say?  D:

Ayaka's is the best route, and IMO, you should do hers last.  I did Rise -> Ritsuko -> Chiho -> Ayaka.  You'll ruin a plot point of Ritsuko's route if you do Ayaka's first, btw.  Not super important, but I'd still be irritated if it had happened to me.  The order I did is pretty good, but switching the order of any of the first three is fine.

Yeah, Tamie is pretty great.  She has a route in the fandisc that MG is translating, as does Ruriko.  Insta-buy because of those two  :sacchan:

On 8/7/2016 at 3:20 PM, bogdankl said:

after fate bled my soul dry I just wanted something a bit more lighthearted, I was thinking I might finally read Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort since it has been installed in my pc for quite a few months now but instead I started kamidori which I remember being way lower rated on vndb, I barely started it <actually now that I look at the time I played it for a bit :) > but it's alright, being an actual game really helps

The routes are pretty cringeworthy, but the gameplay itself is fairly engrossing (and the CGs are pretty decent). I poured a ton of hours into that game~

14 hours ago, Asimmacovski said:

My friend told me to read Ever17 and if I don't like it I should just die. (he's a bit tsundere)

So yeah, I guess I'll be reading it, it was a pain to get it to run without crashing.

13 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Good luck. I just started myself, so let's compare thoughts later ;)

you lucky fucks are in one hell of a ride. Stick with it, the true route is INSANE.

oh btw I finished Zero Time Dilemma and it's one of the biggest disappointments of my life right after myself

I did it. I finally did it.
I haven't feel so free since I drop out of college.
I had this heavy, smelly, disgusring turd on my shoulders since 18.03.
Almost 5 full months.
But I did it.

Today I finished the most unfunny comedy with the most terribly written story and most boring introduction ever.
I finished reading Grisaia no Kajitsu.

It wasn't entirely terrible. I gave it full 5/10. Here is my spreadsheet if anybody's interested.

Spoiler

s6VxqvI.png

Major issue? Mr Fujisaki Ryuuta. Maybne he has a good 'prose', and really had a few nice ideas (whole Amane backstory for example). But he definitely don't know how to write. He's focusing on completly nonimportant parts of scenes/situations, and what is really good, he simply shortens to few 'microretrospect' sentences ("So in the end it was just this and then that and that was all."), but I wasted enough of my time to ranting about his style of writting in my past posts in this thread.

Also - comedy doesn't clicked with me at all. Only one funny character was Makina, but even her get bored after 30+ hours of same pseudo jokes over and over again.

Time to take care of another turd I left in limbo - second unique route of Killer Queen.

Actually I will wait for 18+ patch and at someday I will read it. :P I'm actually interested in Michiru hair colour and how stupid Makinas' new employment will be.
Also main story is written by Ryuuta, so I know it will be bad... And I kinda like bad things. In Adam Sandler movies style. So bad that's funny.
All those h scenes with all those characters... backstory to them just must be hilariously terrible and ridiculous. :D So I'm interesded in what he came up with to shoehorn them.

Also I heard that final act of the trilogy is full action packed Jamesy Bondy style schlock (with harem h scenes), so this will be fun as well (in one way or another).

7 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Actually I will wait for 18+ patch and at someday I will read it. :P I'm actually interested in Michiru hair colour and how stupid Makinas' new employment will be.
Also main story is written by Ryuuta, so I know it will be bad... And I kinda like bad things. In Adam Sandler movies style. So bad that's funny.
All those h scenes with all those characters... backstory to them just must be hilariously terrible and ridiculous. :D So I'm interesded in what he came up with to shoehorn them.

Also I heard that final act of the trilogy is full action packed Jamesy Bondy style schlock (with harem h scenes), so this will be fun as well (in one way or another).

Look at him being all passive-agressive :sachi:

I just finished reading Koiken Otome , and here is a mini-review :wafuu:

Story-7/10-I actually liked the common route and Someya Yuzu route , even if it was pretty generic.

Art-6/10- it was descent 

OST-4/10-i kind of disliked a little of the ost of this vn.

so this visual novel is a 5.6/10

Thank you for reading this. :sachi:

16 minutes ago, Canicheslayer said:

Finished the first chapter of Supipara. As I expected, the Art is more than awesome (all the girls are terribly cute), and the OST is good. Unfortunately the setting, the scenario, the story left me perplexed, clearly unsatisfied...Where is the drama ? :vinty:

Yeah, I was underwhelmed by the story arc. It was really slow, and the drama was lacking too, so there just wasn't really much meat to it. The ending implied that a lot more was going on, though, so hopefully it will get better? If not, that's a real shame, because the characters are really charming and I would love to see more done with them. If anything, I know I'll pick up the next one if only for more Alice :makina:.

Finished Raziel's route in Tokyo Babel last night.  Dem bittersweet feels  T-T

I loved pretty much all of it, save for

Spoiler

the ending fight against God.  The other fights felt more built up and almost impossible to win at times, but while Setsuna was fighting God, I never truly felt that.  Just a nitpick, though.  I was disappointed there was no "God from the machine"/deus ex machina reference taken literally, buuuuut whatever.

This was definitely the right VN for me; it has enough religious references to keep me interested in the origin of the characters, and the action scenes are top-notch thanks to Propellor's huge budget.

After reading for 3 days straight I finished Ever17. It's one of those VNs which I start to read and suddenly it's 1 am and I notice that I've been reading for 4-5 hours straight. First thing that I noticed was that it doesn't waste my time. I started reading and in less than an hour, BAM you're trapped. Enjoy! There is no long and boring common route story for the characters which can sometimes kill a VN's enjoyment for me. The story captures you and doesn't let you go until the end. Another thing that I really liked were the philosophical questions. It reminded me of how much I loved Ghost in the Shell's philosophical aspect. I enjoyed Sora's route the most, maybe it's because of the VA Hiroko Kasahara (Phorni from Symphonic Rain). Overall Ever17 was a great read and it's been a while since I enjoyed reading through a VN without getting bored.

As for my next read... I guess I'll give Canvas 2 a try.

2 hours ago, Asimmacovski said:

After reading for 3 days straight I finished Ever17. It's one of those VNs which I start to read and suddenly it's 1 am and I notice that I've been reading for 4-5 hours straight. First thing that I noticed was that it doesn't waste my time. I started reading and in less than an hour, BAM you're trapped. Enjoy! There is no long and boring common route story for the characters which can sometimes kill a VN's enjoyment for me. The story captures you and doesn't let you go until the end. Another thing that I really liked were the philosophical questions. It reminded me of how much I loved Ghost in the Shell's philosophical aspect. I enjoyed Sora's route the most, maybe it's because of the VA Hiroko Kasahara (Phorni from Symphonic Rain). Overall Ever17 was a great read and it's been a while since I enjoyed reading through a VN without getting bored.

Sora was the best girl/AI/OS ever!  :wub:

And lol its rare to find someone who enjoyed the common route of Ever17.

I'm nearing the end of chapter three of Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo, and so far I'd say it's good (but not without problems). The main character and Sepia crack me up, and the premise is really interesting, so I look forward to seeing where Sharin will end up going with it. The art and music are also quite nice. My main problem so far is that the characters can be pretty bland, and in a few cases, they've ended up feeling undeveloped even by the end of their story arcs.

Spoiler

Chapter 2, Sachi's chapter, I actually quite liked. The way it was built up, I was so sure that it was going to be a happy go lucky  "she was in a tough spot but she turned the tables in the end and everything ended up alright" kind of ending, and while she did end up "rehabilitated", she lost Mana regardless, which made the ending very bittersweet. I was very pleased with the ending, because again, it greatly exceeded my expectations where I thought there would be disappointment. I think that my main issue with that story arc was Mana's character. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when child characters are built up as exceedingly wise and mature in ways that don't make sense, because of the hardships that they've been through. It can make sense if it's done right, but in Mana's case it made her character feel really unrealistic. I ended up liking chapter three far less, sadly. The middle of it was okay, but the way Kyoko's personality ended up doing a 180 at the end was sort of overdone and absurd. It ended up making her feel like a completely different character by the end of the arc, and I really felt that it would have been better if it had been done more subtly. It makes perfect sense for her to change how she interacted with Touka after what happened, but the way her mannerisms and personality changed too, especially to the excessive degree that they did just ended up coming off as forced. I also didn't like Touka very much, but I can probably attribute that to my distaste for tsundere characters.

In spite of my complaining, like I said, I still like it for the most part, and I've had fun with Sharin. The world is really interesting and I hear that it gets really good towards the end, so I look forward to reading more.

2 hours ago, gunter said:

well...i cried tears of blood and teared almost all my hair ,but i've succeeded in installing Chaos;Head , and for what i've read for the moment,it's pretty good...

hope i wont be disappointed  :makina:

The game abandons the horror-mystery aspect midway in favor of

(spoils)

Spoiler

magic and swords later on