What are you playing?

5 minutes ago, SCG_1037 said:

Just finished reading Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ , and here is a mini-review.

Story-8.5/10- really enjoyed it , it almost made me cried ( yes almost , Key was close but i still did not cry :makina:)

Art-5/10-it was ok 

Ost-5/10- yeah i did not hate the ost of this vn but i did not love it either , because of that i was a little disappointed  since i really liked some of the ost of clannad

So in my opinion , this vn is a 6.1/10 

Thank you for reading this.

Ps: Have no idea what i should read next :vinty:  , i would like to start reading Grisaia no Meikyuu , but i will wait until the 18+ version is out.

Thank you for reading this.

I hesitated playing Tomoyo After because it looks like they made Tomoyo more moe compared to her tough-as-nails version in the original Clannad. lol I don't know if mah best gurl's personality has been altered till the point I might not enjoy the story at all... :makina:

5 minutes ago, Lucius said:

I hesitated playing Tomoyo After because it looks like they made Tomoyo more moe compared to her tough-as-nails version in the original Clannad. lol I don't know if mah best gurl's personality has been altered till the point I might not enjoy the story at all... :makina:

Her appearance may have changed , but she still is the same tomoyo that she was in clannad ( in other words , she is still best gurl :illya: ) .

Now that the Fate/Stay trend is done with, it's time to tackle another one of my oldie backlogs: Ever 17

I always saw it mentioned while I was roaming for Zero Escape discussion and thankfully managed not to spoil anything

I'm gonna go into this with a super elitist prick mindset, let's see if I get mindblown anyway :holo:  

Woot! Eclipsed  I hope you enjoy Ever17. It was one of the older ones I played but the story was pretty good. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. And Zero escape is always a good choice. I still need to play the first two but I loved Zero Escape: Virtues last reward and Zero Time Delima.

I am currently playing Umineko Episode 4. I can't wait for the answer arc. I have so many questions. Lol

5 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Now that the Fate/Stay trend is done with, it's time to tackle another one of my oldie backlogs: Ever 17

I always saw it mentioned while I was roaming for Zero Escape discussion and thankfully managed not to spoil anything

I'm gonna go into this with a super elitist prick mindset, let's see if I get mindblown anyway :holo:  

I'm actually starting the last route of ever17 right now. It's been quite good for the most part, but certainly not a 10/10 VN. Quite tedious at times, but I think that as long as you don't send your expectations through the roof you'll like it enough. I hear that Coco route is leagues better than the others though, so my opinion is likely to change by the time I'm done.

Phew...Finished D.C.: Da Capo. It's strange that the bonus routes are probably the best moments of the game :ph34r: You may say I exaggerate because Moe's route was more than correct...and Kotori's (she's so cute :kosame:) was incomplete (I know...i should read Kotori Love Ex P) but still a thousand time better than Nemu's or Sakura's :makina:

Anyway, this VN left me a bit unsatisfied (Bad writing, very boring passages, plot holes/unexplained ellipsis, Mako's under-exploited potential). 6 or 6,5/10

Don't know if I can follow up with the second DC...I'm afraid :michiru:

Edit : I succumbed to the temptation of Anzu DC2 :rimu:

Edited by Canicheslayer

1 hour ago, Canicheslayer said:

Phew...Finished D.C.: Da Capo. It's strange that the bonus routes are probably the best moments of the game :ph34r: You may say I exaggerate because Moe's route was more than correct...and Kotori's (she's so cute :kosame:) was incomplete (I know...i should read Kotori Love Ex P) but still a thousand time better than Nemu's or Sakura's :makina:

Anyway, this VN left me a unsatisfied (Bad writing, very boring passages, plot holes/unexplained ellipsis, Mako's under-exploited potential). 6 or 6,5/10

Don't know if I can follow up with the second DC...I'm afraid :michiru:

Like I said in another post, DCII is just a way better VN in general. Most of the routes are actually good (a few of them are basically copies of DC routes but with some improvements), you don't have the stupidly obfuscated route system where you have to literally check every location to find the girl you're looking for, instead it actually tells you where they are, etc. Plus it has Anzu:

(not a spoiler)

sbZOTN4.jpg

I know...but two years ago, on a whim, I bought DC1 (and DC2...and Kotori Love Ex P). Today, it's time to pay for my mistakes make profitable my "investment" :ph34r: No seriously, I want to have all the elements to enjoy DC3 :sacchan:

Flutterz => Anzu looks funny and mischievous. How lovely :kosame: 

Edit : Oh my ! I played/read more than one hour of DC2. I'm optimist because eveything seems better (except the character design of one or two girls) :sacchan:

Edited by Canicheslayer

I'm currently playing Canvas 2. This is looking better than I thought. It feels like you're in control and, whilst the protagonist might be a terrible teacher, that's not really the focus. It seems like it has got plenty of potential, and when the new teacher was introduced, they handled that better than I expected.
I'm probably headed straight for a bad end, with choices like these, but that's fine. I'll just walkthrough my way through later.

Finally, Canvas 2 fits my definition of a bad translation, but at least it's not littered with typos! :wafuu:
The "emoticons" in the text are so funny and I like the way they handled sound effects. [Open Door] [Close Door] [Bell] [Alarm]

Also making steady progress in CLANNAD, having made it all the way to quite a bit into the After Story. I'm sure disaster will strike soon, so here's hoping I get through that quickly and painlessly.

22 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Yeah, I've heard enough negative stuff about DC1 and enough positive stuff about DC2 that this is my plan, whenever I can get around to playing this series.

But I enjoyed Da Capo I! Except me enjoying it doesn't really mean it's any good...
I agree with the general opinion. Da Capo II is better in every aspect except the protagonist. I loved the protagonist from Da Capo I. He was a true lazybones and I'll always admire him for that.

If you're going for Da Capo II straight away, you'll miss the in-joke that is Suginami, but he's great even if you don't quite get "the joke". Additionally, heed the advice and just ignore Koko's route. It's not worth it in any fashion. And this is coming from me.

Tomoyo voice in Clannad and her after story was different because the seiyuu was different (Houko Kuwashima for Clannad and Isshiki Hikaru for her after story).

Back to topic, I played Just Desert and Supipara. I'll comment Supipara later, but for Just Desert let me said that as Indonesian people this VN was very good and the story will blow up your mind ie very amazing. That's all for now.

PS - To tell the truth, even as Indonesian Just Desert wasn't quite good to me. The story was very typical, the voice for the girls to be honest was very bland, and the gameplay was like grinding (Although I quite like it though). I'll explain Just Desert gameply in detail later. Oh, and we had 5 girls here to be the girlfriend here.

7 hours ago, Phantom said:

Hoshizora no Memoria Wish upon a Shooting Star at the current moment. Not sure what next but I got a list of visual novels to play! Comyu Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku sounds promising...

Comyu gets a big thumbs up from me, and is generally pretty popular around here.

Think I'm going to go play Supipara in a bit, after I finish watching season one of Fate/Zero.

Umineko, episode 5. The part where Dlanor starts spamming the DeathDeathDeath Engrish.

Funny how the VN could make me root for Beautrice TWICE and turn Natsuhi into one of the most annoying characters in the story. Like, seriously, she's even worse than Furude Erika, the antagonist herself.

Ugh, can't wait till someone shut Erika up, particularly that giggle.

Making slow progress in Sakura no Uta. Really enjoying it so far. I've made it onto my first route (Toritani), so it's time to see what Asou's contribution is like. I'm still expecting this to turn into euphoria out of nowhere.  :pyaa:

I've also finally decided to take the plunge and started reading Bradyon Veda. Only about three chapters in, but so far I can say that this VN has one of the most interesting settings I've seen in a VN yet. The chuuni itself is also very unique... it almost makes me wish I paid more attention to chemistry and physics in school. :komari: Sometimes I really feel like I'm reading a textbook rather than a VN given the language they use, but it's definitely part of the appeal.

9 hours ago, Lucius said:

Ugh, can't wait till someone shut Erika up, particularly that giggle.

Oh my, it sure sounds like you dislike her. What do you think, everyone? :holo:

Nothing. :pyaa: And I'm frustrated about it. Yesterday I even watched tv series and movie I saw once not so long ago. :pyaa:
I have 'opened' 5 titles(!) right now.

- Dengeki Stryker - I'm After 3 sagas, all chapters from original games, still have 2 'additional' sagas from 'Cho Dengeki Stryker' version. I couldn't started next saga, because ending after 3rd one was really fullfilling. Around 15 h to finish.

- Fata Morgana - I'm in the middle, maybe a little further (minor spoilers) 

Spoiler

I'm in the middle of a chapter with black haired Giselle and Michael in XI century. No lights in mansion, etc.

And although I love this game it's somehow really hard for me to get immerse. Especially that it's a very 'night' game, not to read in bright sunshine. Around 10-15 hours left.

- Grisaia No Kajitsu - Only Yumiko chapter left. I hate this game, common, Amane, Makina and Sachi routes were atrocious, but I loved (despite it flaws especially at the end) Michiru chapter. I hear that Yumiko is much more 'down to earth' and it's written by other writter than that incompetent prick, Fujisaki Ryuuta, but other doesn't necessarily means better - Sachi route was at the same level as Amane and Makina. I'm exruciating myself with this VN for long, long months and still can't finish this. Basing on script lenghts and my reading speed I would say that 10h left till the end.

- Killer Queen - I finished first route it was horrbily boring with stupid, annoying characters (I gave it 4.5/10). I started second, unique route, but main characters in this (10 year old loli, and yes - there will be h scenes with her) are even worse. It's around 4-7 hours of reading through tedious, boring and painfull story. It pains me even thinking about that, but I'm sure that I will sometime finish this.

- Period - I strted this few months ago, read through half of common route and really liked one character. One out of 7, or 8 main heroines. So, in July I started it once again and in one day I read through common route and then I read chapter of his favourite character of mine - tomboyish Aoi. ...aaaand I have no urge to read anybody else. If this vn have around 30h, I'm around 24 before ending.

So, people of Fuwa, help me please. I'm mildly ill right now, so I have a weekend at bed, without even internet connection, if not count few short moments, like this one right now. It's 15:17 right now. So, please - help me choose a VN I should read over this weekend, help me finish something. I can't wait for Ever17, but there is still a long, long way to go.

Want to write about Just Desert gameplay here. Okay, the grinding was to gain 2500 love points which is necessary to get the girls ending (And got all girls love points at 2500 will net you harem ending). You could get the point by doing quest for each girl, doing activity together, or dating together. Oh, and some quest will require you to buy a gift. To got the money, you must doing some patrol and fighting some monster in order to gather some money. You could ask any girl to accompany you during patrol, and in combat each girl had support skill which require money to activated. The conclusion here would be money was very important resource here, either to buy gift or using support in combat (Although maybe in future you'll abundant in money though).

Some review compare this to Huniepop, but with you need some point to reach next stage unlike Huniepop which you could gain an affection for each date, I'll compared this dating system with PS1 games which was quite popular in Indonesia here, Harvest Moon (Although for farming you'll doing patrol though. Well, farming was usual term to money grind in any RPG anyway). It's not surprise if the developer take some inspiration from Harvest Moon (Although dating system might be there in other game though). I think that's all I could write for now, and if some of you need some clarification ie unclear, just ask me here.

PS - The title theme was surprisingly catchy here, and it's vocal song.