What are you playing?

3 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

Hide contents

but no, I'm just kidding, I started reading fate/stay night and I just wanna know 2 things

1. Do I always read from the perspective of Toosaka Rin <the vndb page states that the protagonist is Shirou>

2. When the hell do I get to access the god dam main menu???

Spoiler

1. After the prologue is over and the opening plays.  It "ends" when the Holy Grail War officially starts and all 7 Servants are summoned.

2. Ditto.  You'll get access to the main menu when the prologue is over.

I pretty much stalled out Steins;Gate after my first route (Faris). I'm not sure if I want to come back to it or just watch the anime for the true end. Besides that I picked up Koihime and from what I have played (roughly 6 hours) it's fun. I play quite a bit of Dynasty Warriors and The Romance of The Three Kingdoms stuff interests me. However, from what I have heard after the first play through the other routes (aside from the last one) don't really change. Doing another two play through's after this one just for that doesn't seem appealing. 

4 hours ago, LiquidShu said:

I pretty much stalled out Steins;Gate after my first route (Faris). I'm not sure if I want to come back to it or just watch the anime for the true end. Besides that I picked up Koihime and from what I have played (roughly 6 hours) it's fun. I play quite a bit of Dynasty Warriors and The Romance of The Three Kingdoms stuff interests me. However, from what I have heard after the first play through the other routes (aside from the last one) don't really change. Doing another two play through's after this one just for that doesn't seem appealing. 

The main idea is being able to do the other side routes, since you don't have enough turns on your first Koihime playthrough.

Seeing how much I enjoyed Kara no Shoujo I just couldn't keep my hands off the sequel. KnS2 is going to be my entertainment for the weekend.

So far I read the prologue/Hitogata part. It was surprisingly interesting, although somewhere in the middle I almost forgot I was reading KnS. Still I really enjoyed the chemistry between the children and the secluded village had it's own pretty cool atmosphere. I really wouldn't have minded reading more about that. If I had to complain about something, then why wasn't Nanako&Naori a thing. 

But yeah, it's still nice to get back to the normal flow of the game. I heard the investigation systems were improved, so looking forward to that. And voiced Reiji, and more Yukari...

Also, damn KnS2 is pretty. Graphics aren't that important to me in VNs, but what can I say. Really beautiful art is just really damn beautiful. 

2 hours ago, Turnip Sensei said:

So far I read the prologue/Hitogata part. It was surprisingly interesting, although somewhere in the middle I almost forgot I was reading KnS. Still I really enjoyed the chemistry between the children and the secluded village had it's own pretty cool atmosphere. I really wouldn't have minded reading more about that. 

Oh yeas, another one in the 'Hinata village was great part' team, welcome aboard sir! :D

2 hours ago, Turnip Sensei said:

If I had to complain about something, then why wasn't Nanako&Naori a thing.

Because Naori had a mutual crush on Futami Yuu of course. B) They were so great together.

How do you liked the third person narration in that whole segment?
Reading a vn without a protagonist was somehow strange for me, but at a same time refreshing and really enticing. Wish to see more of that. No protag >> bland protag, every time.

Started Victor Frankenstein's route in Code Realize after popular vote

This guy's such a treat; Van Helsing was a total "i don't need you!@#!!1" prick from start to finish, but soft guy Victor is kind of obliged to spend more time with Cardia since he's her personal examiner-doctor-alchemist buddy and story-wise being more plot related to her.

Which he was good at, during the common route. But now he has the feel feels for Cardia :kosame:

br5S5JA.jpg (960×544)

7 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Oh yeas, another one in the 'Hinata village was great part' team, welcome aboard sir! :D

Because Naori had a mutual crush on Futami Yuu of course. B) They were so great together.

How do you liked the third person narration in that whole segment?
Reading a vn without a protagonist was somehow strange for me, but at a same time refreshing and really enticing. Wish to see more of that. No protag >> bland protag, every time.

Judging by that reaction, it seems the part about Hitogata village is quite dividing topic. People and their poor taste... :P

I didn't even pay any attention to the third person narration honestly, it just felt like a natural way to tell the story. But now that you mention it, it's not that usual, huh. It really does create a different feeling though, the description feel very different when they aren't passed through somebody. It would be nice if VNs played little more with perspective switches, as the dynamic structure makes it easier to jump between different narrators. For example Sakurai does some pretty cool things in her Steampunk-games by seamlessly changing between first and third person narration, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of that kind of thing elsewhere.

And one last thing before I get back to KnS2. I really like Reiji's voice, and more the fact that he's actually voiced now. His voice now brings out his inner softie in a way that the text alone couldn't.  

Finished Victor's Route Code Realize. 

It wasn't as thrilling as Van Helsing's route; less action since Franky likes to talk-no-jutsu his way through things, and the main antagonist for this route has got to have one of the most illogical and stupid evil "for the greater good" plots I've ever seen

But it completely kicks ass in the romance department, with Cardia and Vicky constantly reaffirming their trust and love in each other to the very end unless you decide to yolo commit suicide during the climax choice which makes absolutely no sense to choose at all in that specific moment and is basically a WTF PLAYER?! choice 

Anyways, best part:
RrMtvxs.jpg (960×544)

^I've been making fun of the whole "she wants the D" thing for years now :makina: but I felt genuinely happy for Cardia here and was cheering out loud like an idiot. 

But yeah,

Spoiler

SHE WANTS THE D!!!!1!1!

Franky's currently best guy so far, since he'll probably be the only Hero to get this far with Cardia since plot.
qYJzZCe.jpg (960×544)
YES! But we're going all ages, folks!

~~
Based on my poll I'm gonna go Saint Germain next(he's the mysterious-awesome, looking forward to it), and then Impey(he's the wild card; I think I won't enjoy his route cuz I'm not really feeling his character, but we'll see).

Lupin's unlocked after everybody else, being the True Route. Damn unlockables.

Just finished Al's route in the PS2 port of Demonbane. That was quite a ride, quite fun to just turn your brain off and enjoy the shounen chuuni filled with Lovecraft. For those who have played it, just how different are the other two routes? I heard they're quite similar, at least at first... I am considering taking a break from the VN since the ending felt conclusive enough, just wondering how much priority I should put on the remaining routes.

Not sure if I want to start a different long VN like this, but that S;G0 copy was sitting here for like two months now...

5 hours ago, Vokoca said:

Just finished Al's route in the PS2 port of Demonbane. That was quite a ride, quite fun to just turn your brain off and enjoy the shounen chuuni filled with Lovecraft. For those who have played it, just how different are the other two routes? I heard they're quite similar, at least at first... I am considering taking a break from the VN since the ending felt conclusive enough, just wondering how much priority I should put on the remaining routes.

Ruri's route is practically identical. Leica's route is very different, but has large sections which are poorly translated and poorly edited, which make it less enjoyable. Al's route is by far the best, IMO. You did both endings, right? If not, go back and get the other one - they're both worth reading.

Edit: Also, Leica's route is generally just considered weaker than the other two; I'm kind of inclined to agree. But it is very different, at least, once you get past the Common Route.

49 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

I'm surprised nobody has talked about the full fan TLs for both of the Rondo games by Tinkerbell - currently going through the 1st, not bad so far~

The first isn't on VNDB, is that a VN?

Decided to try out the first raidy game, as I bought all three a few days ago. Went ahead and completed most of the game yesterday and finished it today. It was seriously entertaining.
I mean, it was dumb... but entertaining :wahaha: 

Spoiler

You know it's a great game when the main character, who is a hero of sorts, rapes the bosses she defeats. She is just like, "hey, you were mean to these people, so now I'll be mean to you in return!"

The gameplay was pretty freaking difficult, which is one of the reasons why I stuck around for it to be honest. I played it completely without a guide, and found myself genuinely having fun with trying to figure out how the new traps for each floor worked, where to find the maps, how to fight the bosses etc. Fonfon best girl.

The scenes were all extremely short, the voice acting was cheesy and pretty low quality, (the game is old of course, so it's no surprise.) The art was much better than I thought it would be, and the hilarious variety of rape / punishement scenes in the game was pretty enjoyable, even though they were so short.

Considering what the game is, I have to say, it was pretty good. Looking forward to playing the sequels.

On the untranslated side, I'm still going through kimisora and finished the An route. Not much to say other than the fact that it was freaking beautiful. It started off pretty simple and a little boring, but it got a lot better towards the middle, and the ending was just perfect.

Moving over to the Matsuri route now, then I think I'll go over to reading something else. The last two heroines don't interest me that much, as I really only started the game for Matsuri and An, though Sekka's route being really great was a pleasant surprise. I'll definitely return to the last 2 endings at a later date, but right now, my reading time is so limited, I want to make sure I save it for stuff I really want to read.

Thinking of reading ChuSinGura 46+1 next, as the game looks really interesting, (and let's face it, the English translation is NEVER actually happening :makina:)    

fate/stay night is gonna be a really difficult to read without spoiling myself, just looking at the walkthrough on fuwanovel is intimidating as fuck, also that was a long ass prologue 

edit: I just realized that this is probably the first vn that I read which has a voice actor for the protagonist, it took me a while to realize that :))

55 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

fate/stay night is gonna be a really difficult to read without spoiling myself, just looking at the walkthrough on fuwanovel is intimidating as fuck, also that was a long ass prologue 

edit: I just realized that this is probably the first vn that I read which has a voice actor for the protagonist, it took me a while to realize that :))

You really shouldn't need the walkthrough until after you finish the "normal" ending of each scenario. There are alternate endings for the second and third scenario, but frankly I didn't really enjoy either of them.

Is it a scene where she's sleping, guy is doing nothing worth noticeable, and she jut kicks him in her sleep, because she 'feels' like he's going to 'attack her while she's sleeping'? Next sentences are something along "i'm sorry" from a guy and "as long as you understand" from a girl, despite the fact, that she's the one doing harm in this situation?

I LOVE that trope! I could read it every day I read VNs! Oh wait, I do read it everyday, because it's soooo overused. And it's annoyingly stupid behaviour from characters.

48 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Is it a scene where she's sleping, guy is doing nothing worth noticeable, and she jut kicks him in her sleep, because she 'feels' like he's going to 'attack her while she's sleeping'? Next sentences are something along "i'm sorry" from a guy and "as long as you understand" from a girl, despite the fact, that she's the one doing harm in this situation?

I LOVE that trope! I could read it every day I read VNs! Oh wait, I do read it everyday, because it's soooo overused. And it's annoyingly stupid behaviour from characters.

The girl was sleeping on the floor. The protagonist, because of an unfortunate reaction (he had been taken aback, disconcerted by someone or something) fell from a bench/banquette and stepped on the girl :ph34r:

On 2016/5/6 at 5:32 AM, Turnip Sensei said:

Seeing how much I enjoyed Kara no Shoujo I just couldn't keep my hands off the sequel. KnS2 is going to be my entertainment for the weekend.

So far I read the prologue/Hitogata part. It was surprisingly interesting, although somewhere in the middle I almost forgot I was reading KnS. Still I really enjoyed the chemistry between the children and the secluded village had it's own pretty cool atmosphere. I really wouldn't have minded reading more about that. If I had to complain about something, then why wasn't Nanako&Naori a thing. 

But yeah, it's still nice to get back to the normal flow of the game. I heard the investigation systems were improved, so looking forward to that. And voiced Reiji, and more Yukari...

Also, damn KnS2 is pretty. Graphics aren't that important to me in VNs, but what can I say. Really beautiful art is just really damn beautiful. 

Have some wallpaper!

Anyway, I'm very disappointed with Bloody Rondo. Most probably because I'm subconsciously comparing it with Draculius. They have a lot of similarities as expected, and Draculius is so much better.

Now I'm reading Leyline2 to recover from the bad aftertaste. Leyline is really good! I'm only around 5mins in the game and it's making me laugh hard already.

Finished Saint-Germain's route from Code Realize

I should've known this guy would be too true

Spoiler

and pull a complete 180 from his cool-enigmatic persona, the first half of his route will be literally this as he cat-and-mouses with Cardia in an isolated mansion in the middle of nowhere with a very awkward "I need to kill you, but I don't want you to suffer" atmosphere for three days:
32Kx0nP.jpg (960×544)
OMG HALP!@#@!$#%$^%$^

It's made even better by how strangely optimistic Cardia is about the situation even though you will die if you think SG ain't being serious: 

Spoiler

K615WEN.jpg (960×544)
He ain't gonna do it

9gUJpxL.jpg (960×544)
HE AIN'T GONNA DO IT!!1111

02OH1Oc.jpg (960×544)
FUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And so you're left asking why more times than you would like to before a certain millennium-old conspiracy theory is finally revealed, and then these two will finally get their Power of Love > Fate showdown of cosmic proportions. Fun Fun Fun.

Btw, Saint-Germain's currently second best guy. Victor's first, cuz he got a whooping THREE actual physical skinship contact CGs with Cardia. Van Helsing got ZERO, so he's worst guy, the scrub. And Saint Germain because he's badass went and tanked Cardia, for a total of TWO contact CGs, damn whatta stud
eYVzm3J.jpg (960×544)

~~
Alright, Impey is next. Really don't know what to expect from this guy, but he's the final guy to grind before we can finally do True Lupin.