What are you playing?

Onto Chapter 9 Code Realize

This shit is pretty entertaining, during this entire quest to find out more about Cardia's mysterious past, her father Isaac, and the eternal heart Horologium engraved on her chest, we go on train abduction missions, lethal air balloon races, raid Queen Victoria's ceremony, and have all these tense confrontations between iconic names (Frankenstein vs. Queen Victoria, Lupin vs. Sherlock Holmes, Impey vs. Nemo, Van Helsing vs. Pseudo-Dracula's kid, and even Cardia herself will get a shocker confrontation against the game's main antagonist). 

Spoiler

SXqEKDD.jpg (960×544)
Lupin's on the left. HEY! WTF IS WITH THE REVERSING OF THE H AND S?! WHO THE FK IS HERLOCK SHOLMES?!?!

KX7Ko7D.jpg (960×544)
W/e Victoria, Frankenstein's hawter than you

kX5q4Vv.jpg (960×544)
HEY! MINI-DRACS! You're too young to be pulling a Sasuke-Itachi bitterness revenge plot! Who cares Van Helsing wiped out the entire Vampire Race!@#

And now my Cardia just got kidnapped by Jack the Ripper. like wtf, HALP!@# BQHaifO.jpg (960×544)
e: do not resist, 'less you want a Red Screen of Death ;-;

48 minutes ago, Decay said:

All of Makina's h-scenes are among the funniest h-scenes I have ever read. They're pure comedy gold. I love them to death.

edit:

Reveal hidden contents

gGP7NJC.jpg

I have no idea why people hate them so much, Makina is the sole reason why the common route doesnt suck (almost)

Fk Decay, I almost spit out my drink, goddamn I forgot how hilarious Makina's H-scenes were

~~
Finished Van Helsing's route in Code Realize

This fker was so hard to break. Throughout all of the secret organization conspiracy plots and the "I don't deserve happiness" self pitying and the RAWRRRMUSTHAVEMYREVENGE!@# going on in this route, these two steadily build their relationship from mutual alliance to "i guess this person's pretty cool, especially compared to all the other pricks I met in my sad, lonely life" to "WE'RE NOT FRIENDS!@#" and finally the following l0lromancelogic:
s2gqjh4.jpg (960×544)

sEQ17qw.jpg (960×544)
Ya asshole, she loves you and you love her, so stop trying to pull the whole "best way to protect each other is to distance ourselves" and go fight the world together!@# POWER OF LOVE!!!1

Though, to be fair, Cardia can die on plenty of occasions; this game has a lot of 50/50 "in the moment" choices during combat scenes ._. so his worries are justified.

decided on quit whining about this realities overall crappyness & to avoid any further depression on my end, a used copy of "pigeon blood" was aquired, which i immediately started reading upon its arrival. kanpai!

Dropping Root Double for a while since I'm 20 hours in and the story seems to be stuck in an endless repeated cycle of AD Shortage - Secret Attacker - Common Distrust events without any real progress or character development. Far too much pointless filler and repetition that brings the pacing of the story down to a crawl.

I think I'll give either Ozmafia or Magical Eyes a try until i'm motivated again to continue and try to finish that damn first route.

9 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I think I'll give either Ozmafia or Magical Eyes a try until i'm motivated again to continue and try to finish that damn first route.

personally i´d greatly appreciate a few notes regarding magical eyes. there´s like zero information floating around here & elsewhere. abit too poor atm for buying anything at first sight. thx

Still playing キミへ贈る、ソラの花. Skipping the Kana route for now and moving over to the An route, (because imouto loli = justice.) 

It's quite straight forward and eventless so far. Just a standard brocon imouto being super weird and clingy. But it's okay when she looks this cute! :pyaa: 

pmh86MJ.png

The way she speaks and her uber awkward reactions to being treated well by the MC is awesome :wahaha: 

Hopefully her route gets a little better towards the end. Currently it is quite predictable and nothing is really happening. But hey, at least it's cute :sacchan: 

15 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Dropping Root Double for a while since I'm 20 hours in and the story seems to be stuck in an endless repeated cycle of AD Shortage - Secret Attacker - Common Distrust events without any real progress or character development. Far too much pointless filler and repetition that brings the pacing of the story down to a crawl.

If you're 20 hours in and are experiencing that kind of thing, then you're likely VERY close to the end of Route A. And Route B is a completely different kind of experience. So maybe you should just power through?

2 hours ago, XReaper said:

personally i´d greatly appreciate a few notes regarding magical eyes. there´s like zero information floating around here & elsewhere. abit too poor atm for buying anything at first sight. thx

It's a short title, so I'll probably give it priority over Ozmafia. Surprisingly, the download is over 1.2 GB packed, so there does seem to be some real content there. Now it just has to be good content... :unsure:

1 hour ago, Decay said:

If you're 20 hours in and are experiencing that kind of thing, then you're likely VERY close to the end of Route A. And Route B is a completely different kind of experience. So maybe you should just power through?

Maybe, although I'm not sure if a quick ending would really be satisfying since it would mean that there wasn't really that much of a story in the route. The action and the atmosphere at the start was pretty cool, but since then there wasn't really revealed a lot besides that Captain Amnesia was apparently

Spoiler

a bad boy before.

And that much was already hinted right from the start when he met Yuuri, followed by at least another dozen hints of the same thing after that.

Though the many bad endings I ran into are probably part of the reason why I'm progressing so slowly.

so can I just say that comyu's main route had one of the best god dam endings I ever saw, the only gripe I had with it was the fact

Spoiler

that they killed gasai off screen, that was sort of a let down, but I really liked how everything wrapped up in the end, also my favorite grill in the vn, even tho she didn't get a route got a really satisfying conclusion to her story, it's funny I wanted a yoruko route and I was really sad when I realized there was none, then I was really excited when I realized she had a H scene but the more I played the VN the less I wanted to see a H scene with her, tho in the end I think hers is the only good and relevant one in the entire VN, it actually has a purpose and it just fits really well in the overall story, unlike hisokas which went something like, "OH I just found out you're suicidal and you just told me about your depressing past, great time to bang"

and yes.... it took me like half a year to actually finish this VN

does any1 know where I can get high rez versions of the cg's? please PM me, thank you

Wagamama High Spec – Finished the last route and I have to say, overall it was very bland. There was enough there to make the characters somewhat likable but not enough to make me care about their story; their personalities were akin to that of side characters to be honest. It is definitely not a bad game but everything about it was entirely forgettable.

3 hours ago, bogdankl said:

so can I just say that comyu's main route had one of the best god dam endings I ever saw

I agree wholeheartedly. That last route's ending being so well-executed is most of why I think so highly of Comyu and why I recommend it to people so often. The atmosphere it built, the CG, and the music all combine for a really remarkable moment. It's probably my favorite VN ending, and one of my two favorite moments in any VN (only Gahkthun has a scene near the end that competes with it).

Started Bloody Rondo. Nice OP. After 30mins of reading, I'd say I'm most probably going to like this game..

I'm loving Luna :wafuu:

Spoiler

EIrKUne.png

14 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I agree wholeheartedly. That last route's ending being so well-executed is most of why I think so highly of Comyu and why I recommend it to people so often. The atmosphere it built, the CG, and the music all combine for a really remarkable moment. It's probably my favorite VN ending, and one of my two favorite moments in any VN (only Gahkthun has a scene near the end that competes with it).

I've been looking at comyu for a while, and what you said got me really interested. My favorite ending is Gsenjou's, and I haven't read any other vns with ending better than that. I'll probably give Comyu a try. :lol:

Finished One Thousand Lies!

Yesterday I practically tied myself to my computer to finish reading this, i'm such a procrastinator most of the time that it had to be done.:yumiko:

My opinion on this is mostly 50/50 I guess. The characters are likable enough for me to be interested in them and the humor is appealing to me.

I think it would've been better if the heroines had separate routes though and the ending takes a complete 180 to me, although with a title like this I knew I shouldn't take anything at face value.

On 3.5.2016 at 9:08 PM, XReaper said:

I gave Magical Eyes a try yesterday, and I'm not exactly sure how to express my feelings about it. I guess Hägar nails it best with this one:

in6hhkg9.jpg

Okay, that was a lot worse than expected, but I start with the good points: I still like the cover image and the intro at the start also wasn't so bad.

Now to the not so great stuff:

First, the fullscreen mode is buggy, only showing part of the screen because the image is zoomed in for some reason, and I therefore had to use window mode. The next thing is that the title only uses computer rendered backgrounds for everything, that look like they were directly taken from a street racing game of the ninties. It just looks incredibly artificial and sterile. The sprites are better but they are still rather cheaply made and don't fit to the backgrounds at all.

The story could have been interesting with some ancient beings possessing human bodies. Unfortunately the actual setting is as bland as it gets with the protagonist being a school boy (how innovative!!!) helping out his detective friend with murder cases. And naturally, he also has a female friend at school responsible for the romance part of the story.

The story itself is presented in tiny little breadcrumps as you are clicking yourself through a map with various locations to visit. The dialogs there are rather short and generic and accompanied by some rather uninspired music tracks that most certainly weren't particular helpful in creating a dark and suspenseful mood. In addition the POV constantly swaps between the protagonist and his (girl-) friend. And the final nail in the coffin for me was that the hot chick on the cover actually seems to be a drag queen. :wafuu:

Overall, maybe there is still some hidden gem buried under all the rubbish, but I certainly won't be the guy to find that out. Everything about it just screams cheaply made OELVN. Simply no comparison to ambitious doujin titles like the Fault Milestone series.

S;G Phenogram, Moeka's chapter.

Mayuri's chapter was interesting but the more bullshit wordlines they add the less I enjoy the game (

This is not a "normal" multiverse, every worldline is supposed to be resetted until Okabe reachs the Steins;Gate, I don't get how everything could work like this...

).

At least we get too see the inner toughts of all the main characters, Moeka is totally paranoid and Fairis is basically a female Okabe. It would have been much better if they remained on divergences similar to the ones we experienced in the original game.

forgive me father for I have sinned... https://vndb.org/v18713#main

Spoiler

but no, I'm just kidding, I started reading fate/stay night and I just wanna know 2 things

1. Do I always read from the perspective of Toosaka Rin <the vndb page states that the protagonist is Shirou>

2. When the hell do I get to access the god dam main menu???