What are you playing?

Twins were awesome, I dun even remember the majoirty of what happened in their routes, but they were awesome, particularly Yoru's reaction to Aoi picking Asa and Asa herself getting to fly the glider.

~~
Danganronpa Chapter 2 complete. 

Holy hell, they did a phenomenal job making me feel like this Class Trial was going to be ridiculously easy who the perp was, then BAM I get slapped with plot twist after plot twist after plot twist, it was really a pleasure to get to see everything unravel like that.

Genocide Jack is pretty awesome, an interesting way to spice up what I previously thought was a pretty meh character. I usually dislike pure insanity types since they give off a horrid Saturday-morning-cartoon-villain vibe, but its definitely appropriate for this type of setting and I look forward to what this character will bring to the table.

I was able to deduce the trap pretty early on, was pretty obvious that that was the only answer to explain the swapping crime scenes, But GODDAMN, I actually... L-Liked.. y'know... .... ........AHH FORGET IT!!!!

Still bummed out about the results of Chapter 1, I feel like that certain character would've been a valuable asset to be able to make it through to lategame, most of the current/remaining cast lack any special dynamics / interactions with the protagonist.

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

You did the twins' routes already? Curious what you think of them. I disliked Asa's route and Yoru's route made my skin crawl, but I loved all three of the other routes.

Well you didnt ask me, but I love kono oozora so I'll jump in anyways :P

I personally loved both the twin routes. Especially Yoru's, because ... well. :makina: Ghehehehe

Well, seriously though, one thing that made me really enjoy Asa's route was: (Spoilers, duh) Hope that I didnt mix up some of the stuff in the routes, it has been a while since I played :P

Spoiler

First of all, its different from all the others. They actually DON'T reach the morning glory. Like, all the other routes are based around that fact but in this one, they don't. It makes it unique and refreshing. Also, Asa is a really nice character in my opinion. She is that kind of cute, shy younger girl on the outside, but I love how the spin her personality completely when she is alone with Aoi, making her assertive and teasing.

Yoru route spoilers:

Spoiler

I loved Yoru's route because it also goes in a completely different direction from the previous routes. First of all, the fact that all 3 of them are in a relationship together makes for interesting romantic scenes, and its cool to see how that got handled in the later part of the story.
Moving onto the story, I liked how they had to spend time fixing the glider, not just moving towards the morning glory in general, and the way they showed Aoi actually crashing. Like, that was such a big suprise for me. The fact that the twins also starts flying the glider and everything with their grandfather was cool and entertaining.

8 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Danganronpa Chapter 2 complete. 

Holy hell, they did a phenomenal job making me feel like this Class Trial was going to be ridiculously easy who the perp was, then BAM I get slapped with plot twist after plot twist after plot twist, it was really a pleasure to get to see everything unravel like that.

Genocide Jack is pretty awesome, an interesting way to spice up what I previously thought was a pretty meh character. I usually dislike pure insanity types since they give off a horrid Saturday-morning-cartoon-villain vibe, but its definitely appropriate for this type of setting and I look forward to what this character will bring to the table.

I was able to deduce the trap pretty early on, was pretty obvious that that was the only answer to explain the swapping crime scenes, But GODDAMN, I actually... L-Liked.. y'know... .... ........AHH FORGET IT!!!!

Still bummed out about the results of Chapter 1, I feel like that certain character would've been a valuable asset to be able to make it through to lategame, most of the current/remaining cast lack any special dynamics / interactions with the protagonist.

Nobody else's posts make me want to play a game as much as Eclipsed's do. Guess I'm adding Danganronpa to the backlog list...

4 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Nobody else's posts make me want to play a game as much as Eclipsed's do. Guess I'm adding Danganronpa to the backlog list...

Heh heh *inhale*

Danganronpa's all about its Class Trials, there's not much to offer in terms of world lore or character backstories/interactions.

Here we have 15 ultimate students who are accepted to the elite Hope Academy, but it turns out it's deserted, everyone's now trapped, and there's some stuffed teddy bear mastermind running the show. Why? He wants to see despair.

Rules are simple- everyone can live in that confined school for the rest of their lives, or they can attempt to 'graduate' by committing murder and getting away with it.

~~
Story is broken into Chapters with each culminating into a Class Trial after a murder. Everything is linear, I think- who murders who, the investigation process, the class trial, so you can't really 'get stuck'.

First you typically have some Free Time to explore the school (in 3D) and build relationships with the other students by spending time with them and giving them presents (this feature is very barebones; you only get a handful of dialogue for hanging out with someone and a small entry in their profile, 'buidling relationships' is really more so you can unlock Skills to use during Class Trials rather than developing genuine friendships). You also get a neat little e-handbook which works as the ingame codex:

Spoiler

50jurQT.jpg (960×544)

ka0ATqF.jpg (960×544)

Then once the teddy bear decides things are getting boring he will create an incentive for people to kill each other, threatening family, revealing darkest secrets... and whoop-dee-doo, someone is murdered! You and the other students will then have time to examine the crime scene and run around gathering evidence and piecing things together. Luckily it's impossible to miss any evidence since the Class Trial won't actually start until you have everything(?), and then finally comes the long awaited Class Trial!

So who committed the murderer? All current remaining students will gather in a circle and cycle through all of the evidence, testimonies, and it's up to you (with a bit of help from a few prominent students) to shoot down inconsistencies, point out key evidence, and ultimately solve the case.

The whole process can last an hour and flows exceedingly well, with plenty of plot twists, revelations, and seemingly impossible things being justified satisfyingly so as the debate goes on and reaches its conclusion (spoilers reveal elements of Class Trials, I don't think I included any true spoilers):

Spoiler

CMRfBUg.jpg (960×544)
I OBJECT! Making up the bulk of and arguably my favorite part of the Class Trials: listen to the characters debate, aim your crosshairs and shoot down the inconsistencies to progress the case! 

6MFXmnh.jpg (960×544)
All of the evidence you gathered will be used, so pay attention!

7cCaEp8.jpg (960×544)
Hangman's Gambit. What? there's a 4-letter word that is a key evidence to this case? H and I? Huh? What are the remaining letters..? WTF IS THE WORD?!@#

YioPRwx.jpg (960×544)
1v1 me brah, this rhythm game simulates you completely rekting (or getting rekt) by someone who refuses to listen to the evidence right in front of them

uzlNmCT.jpg (960×544)
Summarize exactly how the murder went down, comic book style!

YOU. ARE. GUILTY! OFF WITH HIS/HER HEAD!!!!

~~
In other related news, Chapter 3 Danganronpa complete, I'm a little sad- no... extremely sad to see that character go ;-; RIP.

3 hours ago, Jade said:

Finish playing Aku Josou.

Can't exactly said it's a good VN with its Crappy route's and quite possibly one of the dumbest reason for Mindbreaking a Heroine. But hey, it's within expectation so meh .:sachi: 

I play it to see his smile anyway :makina: 

Reveal hidden contents

mYkIrgM.png

That freaking smile ... Terrefying :makina:

This is why trap is evil I tell you! :pyaa:

Alright so now I've finished Shizuru's and Hinata's route in Noble Works.  Reading these routes only strengthened my belief that the bromance between Shuri and Takumi is easily the best thing about this VN. I'm so salty Shuri doesn't get more screen-time. Every-time I see him I'm satisfied emotionally, spiritually and sexually. It's ridiculous how much more likable he is than his sister. The only reason I'd even wanna read Akari's route is if it had a lot of Shuri in it. 

Anyways, there's one interesting contrast between the Shizuru and Hinata routes that I noticed. Shizuru has a chill grandfather, but hard-ass parents. While Hinata has chill parents, but a hard-ass grandfather.

Spoiler

Of course, by the end of both routes things are a little less black and white. I'm happy that neither route dragged on with this "you're too pleb for this Noble family" conflict, it's tedious and one of my least favs. Thankfully the development of the romance was longer than this conflict in both routes.

Finished Chapter 4,

Aha, this was the first Class Trial that I did NOT enjoy!

It was horrid, the cause of death in this murder was extremely obvious from the getgo, but the cast spends a good half hour going in circles and coming up with half-assed accusations and conclusions, it was disgraceful.

RIP to the murdered though, was a decent character.

~~
The game took the time to mention that I'm about halfway through. I'm pretty surprised that this is the surviving crew the writers chose, they suck ._. (yes I'm still PMSing about Chapter 1 & 3 results). It's hard to believe that these guys can do anything interesting for the remaining half of the game, but we'll see.

Spoiler

Pretty sure the lackluster-why-are-they-still-alive Yasuhiro and Aoi only made it to this point to be fodder for Kyoko / Byakuya / the 16th student over the next couple Chapters, jeez if Yasuhiro and Aoi were replaced with Celeste and Sayaka this would be the dream team

~~
Random tidbit: AHAHAHAHAAHA, I knew it! Sakura's VA is the same as Naruto's Orochimaru, damn what a legend

18 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished Chapter 4,

Aha, this was the first Class Trial that I did NOT enjoy!

It was horrid, the cause of death in this murder was extremely obvious from the getgo, but the cast spends a good half hour going in circles and coming up with half-assed accusations and conclusions, it was disgraceful.

RIP to the murdered though, was a decent character.

~~
The game took the time to mention that I'm about halfway through. I'm pretty surprised that this is the surviving crew the writers chose, they suck ._. (yes I'm still PMSing about Chapter 1 & 3 results). It's hard to believe that these guys can do anything interesting for the remaining half of the game, but we'll see.

Hide contents

Pretty sure the lackluster-why-are-they-still-alive Yasuhiro and Aoi only made it to this point to be fodder for Kyoko / Byakuya / the 16th student over the next couple Chapters, jeez if Yasuhiro and Aoi were replaced with Celeste and Sayaka this would be the dream team

~~
Random tidbit: AHAHAHAHAAHA, I knew it! Sakura's VA is the same as Naruto's Orochimaru, damn what a legend

UPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPU

I'm glad you're enjoying Danganronpa, it's an amazing game. The second one is even better.

After a long long time I finally finished Kara no shoujo 2 and I must admit that I liked it more than the first one because of an intrigue which was, in my opinion, much less complicated than the first one and easier to understand. Also, I found it simpler to achieve every ending in the VN without having to do a lot of playthrough. Now I can't wait for Innocent Grey to make the third one!! :D

Got hooked when shit got real for the last couple Chapters in Danganronpa so i finished it

Not much to say, it was a bit cheesy, but it felt DAMN good to figure out what to do for the last Nonstop Debate and for Makoto to be given that ultimate title. Felt like something straight out of Nardo, BELIEVE IT!

The teddybear reveal was slightly underwhelming; idk, it's like once your identity's revealed you lose all of that oomph

Overall was a pretty enjoyable ride, only regret is that certain characters weren't able to make it to the end, yes I'll forever be butthurt about it :makina:

8.5/10, something like 7 story, 7 characters, 9 art, 9 music, 10 enjoyability

~~
Favorite BGMs:

Spoiler

Closing Argument: a pretty catchy thought tune for doing the comic book session

Spoiler

Argument -Heating Up- NonStop Debates are gettin' srs!!

Spoiler

Buzzkill / To Survive: the "Oh FUCK" theme

Spoiler

New World Order: PLOT TWISSSST!!!!!!!1

Spoiler

Best girl: Kyoko

Guilty pleasure: Celeste

Waifu: Sayaka

Spoiler

oqXrlea.jpg (960×544)

I dun' care if t'was all an act, I wouldn't mind being her pawn for all eternity 'long as I get to see that face

~~
No plans on going through Danganronpa 2 yet, maybe later on down the year, wouldn't be fun to just burn through this series so quick :upupu: Why wait, I'll dive in soon.

Edited by Eclipsed

So there is a thread where VN readers write what they are playing. I guess, I will write that I am playing Princess Evangile. After 4 days, still playing its main route, chapter 8.

Princess Evangile is much more 'moege' than Koichoco and IMH, in my opinion. Watching those innocent maidens getting to know someone of opposite gender is amusing. Well, I am not a fan of heavy moege, but at least it is more entertaining than I thought.

7 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

played a bit of carnival (it's a bit hard for me right now so I will read it in a few months probably), that was dark...really dark, Karabe Yousuke is a really good writer, I think my fav without a doubt and if anyone is interested in his other works read psyche it's a short light novel from him.

damn you always get to everything I wanna read before me lol, anyway its nice to know so you can sort out the garbage for me :sachi: 

(please play ABYSS next time to tell me if its good or not? k bye :makina: )

ConcertoNote Pretty great. Had very good and likable characters. Standout of course was Rito route. Did like her interactions with MC, felt very sweet and genuine at times. Tama was also great (;_;). OST is fantastic as expected.
Kenja no Okuri Imouto Pretty much what one would expect but had some legit funny moments. Its very dumb but its got heart. Character design is also great. 

5 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

damn you always get to everything I wanna read before me lol, anyway its nice to know so you can sort out the garbage for me :sachi: 

(please play ABYSS next time to tell me if its good or not? k bye :makina: )

I actually wanted to play that one a few months ago but I asked first and I can't remember who told me but he said it was a hard one to read so I never tried it again if I try it I will post it here.

At the 12th day in the Fate route in F/sn.  Hope I can clear the other two relatively quickly so I can 100% that sucker and unlock the "secret ending" that, unfortunately, isn't a surprise for me anymore.  Oh well, still worth it.

The Tiger Dojo where they straight up said Illya was going to have h-scenes but they were cut cracked me up.  "Oh, she's probably off playing with Shirou on her bed."  xD  Also, the one where they name Taiga's shinai was just great.  The "updated weapons" noise played and everything, and there was an entry in the weapons page and in the main menu's weapon page as well.  Tora-Shinai OP.

@Deep Blue guess thats been i who told you to start reading it along kawazakike2. liked it alot, despite beeing abit aged by now. loved especially how the mc creeped the living hell out of a heroine due to him behaving quite lovingly, which came pretty close to what i expect from a protagonist in general.

edit. in terms of dark themes, there´s still rasen kairou2 awaiting you, or try out omega no shikai what i´ve been doing right now. heck even fairytale requiems content is pretty dark at times, despite its somewhat overly cute appearance.

38 minutes ago, XReaper said:

@Deep Blue guess thats been i who told you to start reading it along kawazakike2. liked it alot, despite beeing abit aged by now. loved especially how the mc creeped the living hell out of a heroine due to him behaving quite lovingly, which came pretty close to what i expect from a protagonist in general.

edit. in terms of dark themes, there´s still rasen kairou2 awaiting you, or try out omega no shikai what i´ve been doing right now. heck even fairytale requiems content is pretty dark at times, despite its somewhat overly cute appearance.

I did try it :P but then again dark games in general are not easy to read well I can read them but very very slowly and that takes away all the fun for me so I'm just waiting until my jap gets better, omega is going to my reading list too.

I'm currently playing Tsuushinbo ~Mama ni mo Naisho no Jikanwari~ in Visual Novel Reader. Not too far into yet so can't really say too much about it. I did enjoy Marble Candy Soft last VN Kakurenbo ~Futari Dake no Himitsu no Jikan~. No its wasn't a great VN but if you have the right fetish you'll probably enjoy it ;)

trying to finally finish subahibi, so far I really don't like it maybe it gets much better later on... (im at it's my own invention) I also really dislike zakuro, why does she speak so slow!! all those pauses while talking >_>

Spoiler

the plot itself is pretty boring for me, the end of the world, collective consciousness(this was the worst so far), spirits, the philosophical part is so tedious, talking about the colors of the sky nonstop,  becoming an old person and all that nonsense I love philosophy but this novel really puts me off... I really really hope it gets better, it goes on and on and on with nonsense chatters  
btw i hope im wrong but i kinda know what's going on already...