What are you playing?

So, after a long Visual Novel hiatus of three months (that's pretty long for me xD), I have decided to get back and start hacking away at the backlog again. ^^

Currently reading/playing Tears to Tiara... and I have literally no idea why. I'd say it's pretty mediocre so far, but at least the gameplay is fun. :P 

managed to finish some scripts & fully immerses himself into defiling sayaka now, like seriously driving her, who became victim to alot of stuff, against the wall & beyond feels simply so superefreshing plus right. i could just kiss the world out of gratitude!

edit. @Vokoca hope you enjoy the pedicure :P

Eclipsed, keep us posted on how Sharnoth proceeds. I've only read Inganock, for the VN club a few months ago, and I loved it, so I definitely am going to pick up Sharnoth before too long. There's just too much on my schedule before that, still, starting with:

Clannad continues, slowly. I've finished 3/5 main heroine routes (Kyou, Fuko, and Tomoyo), several of the side routes, and am nearly done with Kotomi's route... but I have a feeling I'm only about halfway through. So far, at least, I'm feeling like I haven't really gained all that much by experiencing Clannad as a VN, versus the anime experience. Kotomi's route is definitely hitting a bit harder in the VN than it did in the anime, but for both Kotomi and Fuko's arc, the anime and VN are very nearly identical. For Tomoyo's route, I will say that it made a lot more sense in the VN presentation (vs. seeing some of it in the normal storyline and the rest in the "another world: Tomoyo arc" episode). But on the flip side, I actually think Kyou's route was done better in the single "another world: Kyou arc" anime episode than it was in the VN, where the whole saga feels really dragged out.

All things considered, I didn't hype myself up too much so it's fine, but I am feeling ready to get a new story. I may have to stall out Clannad and play KoiChoco for a while, just for a change of pace.

Playing Hello Lady! and its actually such a great game.

Reading the vndb description, I thought that this game was supposed to be a game full of Oujo-sama's but its actually about superpowers. Who would have known.

Thought the exact same thing.

Played through Princess Sacrifice over the last three days. It's a nukige rpg/vn hybrid.

Princess Sacrifice reminds me of games like one-way heroics and Elona. It's set in the same middle-of-the-road fantasy. The big difference is the story, and the ero. The story is decent, nothing special, but what was nice was how they layed out the scenes and exposition. It's shortish for an rpg, and yet they managed to pack in a lot of dynamic scenes and varied maps. You even got a cool build up at the end. Just a very well produced game, and the it's sales reflect that. On dl-Site it's the 8th highest selling game of all time with a whopping 23k downloads.

The story was, while not particularly twisted, was consistently dark and kinda melancholic. There was some funny comedic moments, but the ero kind of (understandably) gives the work a gloomy feel. Feena, the main character, is caring, diligent, while still remaining a bit cheerful, but you remember her most for her dedication. She and many others get the short end of the stick (no pun intended). One of those things were you look back and wince in retrospect. Of course, if this doesn't concern you, than the game merely ends up being the funnest ero/rpg ever.

I sort of wish there was more dialogue with the main character...the characters feel sort of distant because, compared to normal VN's, you have much less time to see them talk. But that's just how the game was designed, and any more would have disrupted the balance. Most of the text is devoted towards advancing the rpg plot (comes along with a lot of non-MC H-scenes), and explaining the lore of the kugihime (the sacrifical princesses) and the world. There's also a lot of world exposition tucked away in the defeated H-scenes for the various monsters. It's kind of a miracle how they balanced so much H into a story without wrecking the story.

In conclusion, Princess Sacrifice is a gem of it's type. Short and sweet, and with ero everywhere.

Edited by Chronopolis

As I was testing the limits of my sanity, I finished Makina' route in Grisaia no Kajitsu and Stupid Rika's ending(s) in Euphoria. I undestood the extent of my weaknesses and chose a VN that looked stupid and harmless : Koi iro Chu Lips :ph34r: Please don't hit/bully me and think about my poor mental health : I need a minimum to finish Clannad and, more importantly, to start Kara no Shoujo 2 :wafuu:

Edited by Canicheslayer

Eclipsed, keep us posted on how Sharnoth proceeds. I've only read Inganock, for the VN club a few months ago, and I loved it, so I definitely am going to pick up Sharnoth before too long. There's just too much on my schedule before that, still, starting with:

Clannad continues, slowly.So far, at least, I'm feeling like I haven't really gained all that much by experiencing Clannad as a VN, versus the anime experience.

Will do, though I've been pretty slow reading the past few days, hopefully I can pick up the pace soon :wafuu:

Btw, would you also vouche to Clannad-virgins like myself to just watch the anime instead of reading the VN :kosame:? That seems to be the general consensus of many people outside of diehard source > adaptation peeps.

Clannad continues, slowly.So far, at least, I'm feeling like I haven't really gained all that much by experiencing Clannad as a VN, versus the anime experience.

Will do, though I've been pretty slow reading the past few days, hopefully I can pick up the pace soon :wafuu:

Btw, would you also vouche to Clannad-virgins like myself to just watch the anime instead of reading the VN :kosame:? That seems to be the general consensus of many people outside of diehard source > adaptation peeps.

I can't give a fair answer to that until I finish the whole thing. The Clannad anime is very good, but Clannad After Story is world-wrecking amazing. I expect the VN follows the same pattern, which means I haven't gotten near the best parts yet (haven't even done Nagisa's route, let alone After Story).

But you should definitely take my opinions with a grain of salt too. I think I'm in a minority of Clannad fans, given that my favorite character in the anime is Akio, in no small part thanks to his English dub actor :sachi:

Edited by Fred the Barber
because it turns out kerning on italics in the default font is terrible

just finished yume's route and I am confused AF

is the little girl in the final cg mare, is she mare reincarnated as their daughter, is she not connected to mare at all? what's the deal??? Man the last few routes were pretty nice, aoi, chinamin, and Yume's route especially,but this vn is confusing as fuck sometimes and I'm pretty sure sometimes it just flat out doesn't make sense

I kinda casually decided to re-read Fate/stay night, so I went and just read the Fate-route. I was curious how F/sn would stand now that I've read considerably more VNs, and I wanted to know how much the Realta Nua content improves it.

To my surprise I think I enjoyed F/sn more now than back then. I definitely appreciated the narration better, Shirou wasn't annoying anymore, and I had even forgotten how impressive the visuals and visual effects were. Or maybe I just rekindled my love for an old favorite and took pleasure from noticing all kinds of small details that went over me the first time through. Either way Fate/stay night is still amazing,

The Realta Nua additions are also really nice, especially new music and H-scene replacements. I always thought the dragon everyone was talking about was some kind of joke, but it was legit pretty impressive. 

The final night with Saber was better as well, and felt more fitting. If I remember correctly that is, but I think I would have remembered if the original scene was as touching.      

I've been also reading the Tiger Dojo skits for the first time, as I skipped them for some reason when I first read F/sn. And oh boy what I've missed, there's some ingenious humor there. 

I'm re-reading F/sn as well, and like you, I'm not really hating Shirou as much.  I mean, sure, he can be stupid and annoying, but for some reason, it just doesn't bother me as much.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Admittedly, Heaven's Feel helped a lot with that.

I like pretty much the entire remixed OST, aside from the new version of Burst Up.  I like the old one much better.

I'm still going to keep the h-scenes in there, though.  There's just no replacing Nasu's awful h-scenes.  It's a core part of F/sn to me now  :wahaha:

after being stubborn about reading himanatsu till its end before starting anything, I went to take a break to read Dra+koI because its short and I just needed something where I dont feel like im in japanese class lol.

and holy shit that was indeed just what I needed. Its fast paced, totally absurd and funny as hell.

I can't take this game very seriously with a character that's named "Mai Pantsu" ...even if she does have blue hair and is Finnish and a Sergent. I just can't. Thanks Minatosoft! I still like it though.

Hahahaha, what! What game is that :wahaha:

Anekouji Naoko to Gin'iro no Shinigami - it gives off a similar feel to Majikoi without the consistent fighting (so far)

and then there's the town's hero mascot - Kamabokoman!!
68SiLKb.png

Started XX of the Dead. Not the typical zombie vn flick I was expecting like when I played Kansen since the zombies don't really go in hordes and try to outnumber you. They are basically just tentacle monsters with enhanced strength with the ability to corrupt you and turn you into one of them.... through intercourse! :sachi: 

So far, I love the character interaction and the bad ends, although I only encountered 1 of them and imo the best bad end ever (NSFW: EVERYONE GETS TENTACLE RAPED!!!). And welp.... the protag's sister Touka was the first one who bought it. She was quite the looker too (how could you fucking say no to this?) and her incest vibes with the protag was REALLY STRONG, like his classmates were actually pushing for them to be together as well as her imagining making out with the protag as she is getting tentacle raped and corrupted. So I already got spoiled that she will make a dramatic come back later as an antagonist, so I knew she was still going to be alive. I have a feeling she's gonna be the Kerrigan from Starcraft of this game. With my progress so far 3 of the characters from the box cover are already dead excluding Touka because she's still alive (corrupted) after getting devoured by the tentacle zombie monster. Sucks that they were unavoidable deaths so there was nothing I could do to save them.... :conspiracy: 

Looking forward to see who else survives in the end as I play this. The h-scenes are definitely hot though. ^_^ 

Edited by CeruleanGamer