What are you playing?

Well, but it's true. The new art is totally bland contrary to the original which is very distinctive.

There was even a little riot on vndb when somebody replaced the old screenshots and character artworks with new ones. Pretty much everyone was against this change so the old artwork was used again.

The art is not bad by any means just very generic, the original art style was better imo because kana looks like an ill person and not a healthy (underage) girl, even if they explain that she is younger because of her kindness problems that doesn't explain why her face looks like exactly of a girl of 12 years old xD  

I'm playing the welcome home version, if this is the revised version I can't imagine how bad is the other one... I can let pass the honorifics but there are whole sentences untranslated and other times the character says うん(yes) and they give you a whole explanation about why she said yes, like "you want an apple?" "oh yes i love apples please peel one for me", her real answer was just "YES"

Don't forget that the original version didn't have any voices. The translator probably thought he could reword a little bit for better fluency in English.

well I'm sure is because of that then, also the voices are pretty good so I don't mind, to be honest I haven't heard yet a bad voice acting in a japanese vn :P 

Onto Chapter 4 Cartagra, decided I'll save the other (bad) ends for later 

All I can say is HUZZAH!@# 

It's kind of funny to think that only 10ish days have passed since they met each other before they ended up confessing but hey I have no complaints about Shugo x Kazuna ^_^

Confession scene was done nicely, here we have Shugo being all ominous with his "Yo here's the truth about what I was hired to do, btw I banged your sister, you must hate me now right?" only to have Kazuna just be like "Did you only hang out with me because I look like Yura" which of course he denies because he does genuinely like Kazuna and so whoop-dee-doo she's all happy again, the past is in the past, I love you, let's go make love!@#

o71M17H.png (814×638)

Tch. Should've just done the ol' "bathe each other" scene :rimu:

~~

Plot wise, I still have no idea what's gonna happen regarding Yura = Hyo and the Senri cult and the recent horrific Takako-spiked-eyes (jesus christ)

Part of me thinks that the Holy Prophet of the cult could be Yura, but I've been wrong about pretty much everything so far so who knows

Wtf Cartagra that was the most rushed anti-climatic  (normal) ending ever!@#

I'm glad they didn't spend too much time on Shugo being the suspect of Takako's murder, seriously I would've raged quit if the VN spent any longer with that BS drama

Shugo getting booted out of the brothel along with Hatsune's "come visit me after the case is over" was sad

And him saying the stupidest things ever to try to distance himself from Kazuna to protect her was even sadder

I declined the Toji sex offer, sorry, as cool as she is, I think they're better off with their current dynamics, not to mention Shugo has Kazuna now~

But man, oh man,

I totally wouldn't have guessed Akao was the mastermind murderer, at best I thought he would just be that glorified "dude that has everything and would be a totally better match for Kazuna than Shugo" rival type of guy, not the mastermind behind the murders. Jeebus. It's about as random as that nun Kaoru.

The confrontation with Akao with the perspective shifting to Shugo was a nice touch, I always love it when protagonists get to speak up 

But then right when the final boss fight is gonna happen, everything just deflates too fast

Akao just runs away, gg

Shugo returns home and gets ganked(knocked out) by Tokiko who leaves to settle some unfinished business, gg

And then whoop-dee-doo next day when Shugo wakes up Senri HQ was burned down, killing both Akao + Tokiko, and they found the remains of Yura, also remains of other murderers in Akao's atelier, case closed, gg, etc. etc.

ANTICLIMATIC.

But wait! After the credits, you get some good Kazuna scenes as she prepares to leave to further her acting career with her telling Shugo to always write to her and never let go of their feelings for each other

and then BAM Yura shows up and it's like DAMNNNN Kara no Shoujo time. /jk ik its not a direct sequel

~~

I wonder how long the true route is and if it'll change anything, going into it right away.

Edit: True End: fk, that is like, the most convoluted & complicated plot of events ever >.> 

Loved it from beginning to end though, the way everything just falls into place with all the infodumping (Nana's OP btw) kept me glued to my tabby like a madman

~~

Excited for Kara no Shoujo, from what I hear Cartagra's the inferior of the two so we'll see.

Really? really? wtf is this shit I'm reading...

mGJmHGw.jpg

a second later

5KiRbdH.jpg

This is by far the worst translation I have ever seen...

EDIT: After reading both versions I can say why there are so many scrip problems. The new version is a tweaked version of the original script which didnt have any voice acting but the thing is they left all the dialogs from the original so the voices most of the time don't match with the text. Also the new script added many new lines and explanations, for example that sentence about Fukuzawa but they didnt bother to check if the new lines matched with the older ones and thus you have a complete mess.
Now what I did notice that they change from the old script to the new one are "Bro" for "oniichan" or names, they often use "he", "she" "my sister" in the older one and in the new one they use their names (incorrectly 90% of the time) other than that I haven't seen any other big differences 

Edited by Deep Blue

Kara no Shojo first impressions:

• Cartagra's title screen BGM whoops its ass

KARA NO SHOJO

CARTAGRA

That is all.

~~

Also, to all people who have Kara no Shoujo in their to-do list, listen to wiseman Decay and make sure you read Cartagra first ^_^

None of the major plot points of Cartagra are carried over into KnS but three of the characters (the protagonist and the main heroine, and one of the police detectives) do show up and they play a mildly important role and deliver some moments that are greatly diminished without playing Cartagra first.

Btw, make that four characters:

Hatsune! :mare:

egscvn.png

Because yeah, I remember reading through this scene pretty indifferently when I fail attempted KnS years ago >.>

Then this time I literally stared at her sprite for like 10 seconds and then she finally introduced herself and I'm like "oh sweet!"

Can't wait to see Shugo, and best girl's appearance!

Finished Rine's route in Natsukumo. Welp, my oppai-loli dreams are over, I guess I have to move onto the next route and more of the regular lolis, ew! Aside from Rine being my favourite character (not just for the breasts :wafuu:), this was definitely the coolest route so far, too. I was afraid that Watanabe spent all his crazy imagination on HaruKuru, but he clearly had more than enough left for Natsukumo too. The idea behind HaruKuru is still a little bit cooler, but honestly comparing anything to that just feels really unfair.

I guess I have one more (or two?) routes left in Natsukumo, and then it's finally time for Chaos;Child. It's getting quite hard to resist starting it right now, but there's nothing worse than starting too many VNs and then finishing none.

So yeah still playing kana, the story is good but I don't really like it

because I don't enjoy incest or anything related to that, even if it is well written like this story... is just not appealing to me.

also with more of this... ok i will stop from now on.

MJDqOQR.jpg
"let is be", my english sucks really bad but come on, there are tons of grammatical errors like this one, is even worst than ever17 but I didn't pay for that one Y_Y

So yeah still playing kana, the story is good but I don't really like it

Hidden Content

also with more of this... ok i will stop from now on.

Hidden Content

I'm sorry to say your English does suck real bad, "Let's" isn't a contraction of "Let is", it's a contraction of "Let us", and "Let us be beasts together" is grammatically correct. :P

I dunno, I hear "let's" all the time.  I think that was referring to the fact that people rarely use "let us" and instead use "let's" unless they are using a more formal choice of words.  Contractions used to be thought of as crass, if I'm remembering correctly, so that's why some people will use the full, non-contraction version.  It's more common to not use contractions is essays or legal papers and the like.

Not gonna lie, the only truly objectionable thing I've found in the translation from what you've posted so far was the Benjamins thing, and only because they directly referenced the 10,000 yen note and the actual face on it right after. I'm not actually convinced yet that the translation is bad.

I will be crying in the corner :cry::amane: I feel pretty Michiru right now.:michiru:

Edit: now I'm curious, is it incorrectly to say "lets be beast together"? does it mean the same?

Nope.  That would only be correct if the sentence was something like this: "Shirley always lets Bill borrow her new books a few days after she reads them."  It's the third person version of "let", meaning allowing someone to do something.  Using it in place of "let's" is entirely incorrect.

naruhodo naruhodo, so I used it incorrectly for years D: Well thanks to kana imouto now I'm a little more intelligent less stupid.

Not gonna lie, the only truly objectionable thing I've found in the translation from what you've posted so far was the Benjamins thing, and only because they directly referenced the 10,000 yen note and the actual face on it right after. I'm not actually convinced yet that the translation is bad.

well there are entire sentences untranslated and every time a characters says "Toudou" in the translation (they use "todo") they say "taka" same thing with other characters, they avoid using the proper names, so yeah I don't think that can be called a good translation. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Deep Blue

Edit: now I'm curious, is it incorrectly to say "lets be beast together"? does it mean the same?

That would be incorrect. Also, this post has multiple grammatical errors as well :P. I'm not intending to be rude here, but to be honest, this is why I don't know if I can trust you saying the game has bad grammar. If nothing else, JAST has always been solid with their grammar.