What are you playing?

Playing through Sachi's route in GnK. OMG, the art is killing me. It's close to Yumiko's in ugliness, but I still think Yumiko's is worse up to now. I dunno who is the responsible, Akio or Fumio... At least storywise, the route is succeeding. 

mfw Yumiko's CGs were one of my favorite things about the game

yuujimotherfuckingoakmfsnq.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

yuujimotherfuckingoakmfsnq.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

That is clearly an artistic showcase of Yuuji's badassery. It is such that it even defies the laws of physics.

Currently reading Kira(start shape symbol thingie)Kira, it is reasonably entertaining during its common route. However, I must admit I preferred Edelweiss' premise and overall common route as a consequence.

I have finished Kashiwara's route.

She's very nice. Very cute. Very lovable. She confesses during the trip and our protagonist decides that he's some cold logic robot and logic tells him she won't love him for long and only fell in love because it's the only guy she reasonably knows. Which means he just conveniently ignores her crush until the 'sickly rich girl is stuck at home' plot asks for it - for a bunch of hours.

That's actually what this route does best. It wastes time.

First they spend a bunch of time on the trip. That's fine. But this time was time they could've spent actually doing some reasonably date-y things or lover things was just more quasi-dating spending time together off on some tropical island working at a hotel.

Second he goes back home. We spend a bunch of time seeing him wallow in self-derision, and thinking it won't work out between them, and denying love or whatever. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

Then he suddenly decides he loves her, they meet up, make up, make out, H-Scene. And more hours of trying to convince a stubborn old man. They do and we get a sex scene and end. Bye bye.

Where's the romance? We had a couple of moments, like the first time they met up, their first H-scene and their second H-scene, but that was it. The rest of it was:

the band segment, which was more about the rock club, Thomas and the other guy.

Protagonist thinking about Kashiwara at home for far too much time. And she'd confessed before, too.

Protagonist arriving and spending days learning about her family. (Because when he arrived they had a two minute meeting, if that, pretty much)

Convincing the old man.

I did cry, but I'm still not satisfied with how I felt it had no romance. I built up my expectations too much.

Second weakest.

I would say there are 3 routes, but I'm unsure of how large the true ending actually is.

So, out of 3 routes, the second weakest, is also the second best. How wonderful!

Also, I bloody hope Kirari's isn't your favourite.

There are actually four routes. Guess which character has two.

I'd say that Kashiwara's is the weakest of them all. 

edit: Maybe it's more accurate to say 3.5 routes.

Is the cat out of the bag already? If so:

Also, I bloody hope Kirari's isn't your favourite.

Yes, it is.

About the true ending, spoilers:

I, for my part, am not a fan of the true ending. It tried to make me feel something specific, but I didn't really care/the impact wasn't as big as in the original story.

Also, an ending requiring a continuation to bring closure is not an ending.

Started up Castle Fantasia for the first time. Can't say it looks bad for its age. Still have no idea what genre it is, tho (Read about it somewhere here maybe a year ago, never really checked VNDB).

The feeling of excitement about not being able to guess what genre it is rather nice, really, should do it more sometime. Just know that it's gonna be medieval as fuck.

quick question:in majikoi there is an end game skit called "Yume dream is born" and it talks about a yume route, now i know that there is no yume route in the first but i was curios if this was referencing anything, a quick google search turned out nothing but i taught that it was to insignificant to open up a thread about it so that's why i'm asking here

is yume a character in majikoi or is it just a play on words?

quick question:in majikoi there is an end game skit called "Yume dream is born" and it talks about a yume route, now i know that there is no yume route in the first but i was curios if this was referencing anything, a quick google search turned out nothing but i taught that it was to insignificant to open up a thread about it so that's why i'm asking here

is yume a character in majikoi or is it just a play on words?

I have completed Chie-nee's route in KiraKira.

Thoughts:

I liked this one better than Kashiwara's. They felt like an actual couple.

I also liked the drama we had this time as opposed to last route's.

The whole mafia shenanigans was absolutely bonkers, but it's fine.

Their graduation ceremony was pretty awesome although in retrospect it was over in a flash.

In the end, I'm just satisfied on how Chie relied on Shikanosuke and how nice her father's lover was.

No crying this time.

i don't know if Kojima-sensei's route in majikoi is good but too short or if it is so good because it's too short... anyways i really liked it, it was really fun

now i just need to finish the agave route and i can finally move on to s, Koyuki HYPE

It only takes two hours because of the natural human instinct to close the game every time Chinami screeches out another "Onii-chan Onii-chan Onii-chan!"

i only played like half an hour or so of that game but the introduction where they are moving and she just come to you saying that every 2 seconds drove me bat shit crazy

edit: i just finished the agave route and the Koyuki hype turned into Koyuki depression...

Currently playing Akatsuki no Goei:Tsumibukaki Shuumatsuron, I really enjoyed the first one,was pretty funny in many times,and it was also intense during some times, and the ending in the first one had me craving for an extension since it felt so incomplete, and now I get to enjoy the sequel 

I just finished Kirara's route in KiraKira.

Frankly, I knew from the start this route was going to be a woozy. I was the whole route waiting for the moment when her house caught fire.

Let it be said that I didn't expect in the least that Kirari would actually die.

I was expecting a development like Mizuki's route in Edelweiss. She suffered burns everywhere, she can't sing anymore, she became a burden (plus financial problems) but through all that, love still shines through.

Well, bollocks. Apparently not. She's dead. Fast forward to the future.

CLANNAD After Story Spoiler:

Totally reminded me of what happened with Nagisa in the anime. Except no last minute "it was all some sort of dream, lol"

It showed how the protagonist has basically broken down, became a useless man, and was living dangerously.

From here on I really thought it was about to end numerous times. Hallucinating Kirari was some of the cruelest things I and the protagonist were put through.

Then one day when he passed out from his unhealthy lifestyle he tried to change, and while he was cleaning Kirari's grave in this effort, all his memories came back to him and he was forced to confront them, etc. etc. Lots of tears from him. He woke up in bed so I'm really not sure if he even went to the grave at all or dreamt it all.

After moving on like that he was able to get his life more in shape. At least that's what they wanted us to think. I still don't know if he's gotten his place in shape or if he's still living like a miserable wretch.

All in all, a pointlessly sad experience for me. I didn't come here to read about tragic stories and moving on. Perhaps because of this I didn't cry at any point during the route (making Kashiwara's suicide letter from her father the only time I've cried thus far), although I felt pained when he started hallucinating with Kirari.

Also, they introduced a bunch of new sprites which makes me think if it wasn't a bit of a waste. I'll admit I really like Aki, and I recognised her right away, but still. They made the after Kirari's death part so long, with a bunch of new sprites, it just seems wasteful to me (because in turn, there were only about 3 or 4 new CG's - a few of the burnt house edits, one on stage and one of him crying and feeling refreshed). Wondering if this will come back for the true route.

Speaking of true route, Kirari better not be doomed either way. That's not why I'm playing this VN. I couldn't care less about music. I'm here for the girls, so don't kill them off, will ya?

I just finished Kirara's route in KiraKira.

Frankly, I knew from the start this route was going to be a woozy. I was the whole route waiting for the moment when her house caught fire.

Let it be said that I didn't expect in the least that Kirari would actually die.

I was expecting a development like Mizuki's route in Edelweiss. She suffered burns everywhere, she can't sing anymore, she became a burden (plus financial problems) but through all that, love still shines through.

Well, bollocks. Apparently not. She's dead. Fast forward to the future.

CLANNAD After Story Spoiler:

Totally reminded me of what happened with Nagisa in the anime. Except no last minute "it was all some sort of dream, lol"

It showed how the protagonist has basically broken down, became a useless man, and was living dangerously.

From here on I really thought it was about to end numerous times. Hallucinating Kirari was some of the cruelest things I and the protagonist were put through.

Then one day when he passed out from his unhealthy lifestyle he tried to change, and while he was cleaning Kirari's grave in this effort, all his memories came back to him and he was forced to confront them, etc. etc. Lots of tears from him. He woke up in bed so I'm really not sure if he even went to the grave at all or dreamt it all.

After moving on like that he was able to get his life more in shape. At least that's what they wanted us to think. I still don't know if he's gotten his place in shape or if he's still living like a miserable wretch.

All in all, a pointlessly sad experience for me. I didn't come here to read about tragic stories and moving on. Perhaps because of this I didn't cry at any point during the route (making Kashiwara's suicide letter from her father the only time I've cried thus far), although I felt pained when he started hallucinating with Kirari.

Also, they introduced a bunch of new sprites which makes me think if it wasn't a bit of a waste. I'll admit I really like Aki, and I recognised her right away, but still. They made the after Kirari's death part so long, with a bunch of new sprites, it just seems wasteful to me (because in turn, there were only about 3 or 4 new CG's - a few of the burnt house edits, one on stage and one of him crying and feeling refreshed). Wondering if this will come back for the true route.

Speaking of true route, Kirari better not be doomed either way. That's not why I'm playing this VN. I couldn't care less about music. I'm here for the girls, so don't kill them off, will ya?

Damm please don't make me remember that route. I will just get mad again.

Yeah, i agree with most of what you said here.

And it really is a waste, personally i did not think this route suited the vn it was way to gloomy.

As for the true route, i believe she lives there.

But dont hold me to it, it has been a very long time since i read that vn.

P.S. are you back again Taigo?