What are you playing?

Main heroine with glasses? ぶーぶー

I've finished Eru's route in Hello, Lady! and currently making my way through Saku's. Can't really say much more than I said before. While Hino seems willing to go places, there still are lines he's not willing to cross, and that's quite disappointing. Still, a very enjoyable read nonetheless, curious how the last route will pan out.

Just finished memoria and a tale of two brothers.

and while they may not be visual novels, i feel they are similair enough that its possible to give my thoughts about them.

Memoria, This is a old style point and click adventure, and while the story is great and the visuals fantastic i feel it is seriously hapered by its puzzels.

The puzzels themself are needlessly difficult, and not because they are difficult to do but because the game gives no hints as to what you have to do and because they often enough dont make sense.

So while the story is great, i feel the gameplay hapers it so much that i cant really reccomend it.

I actually had to use a walkthtough for this one.

Tale of two brothers, this one is in my eyes the most simmilair to a visual novel despite it having the most gameplay in it.

the reason for it is because the game is told almost exclusivly though the visuals and there is no tekst or talking in the game, yet despite this it managed to convey a very good story through almost nothing but its music and visuals.

The game plays a little strange at first as you control two characters at the same time and this takes some getting used to fortunatly the controls are very simple and you can get used to them quickly.

The game is only about 4-5 hours long at the best and as such is comparable in lengt to planetarian, the story in my eyes also shows a lot of similairity with that game.

In particulair the ending.

Which is one of the most powerfull endings i have seen in video games in years and even visual novels.

It is even more impressive as the tale is told entirely trough visuals.

I would definitly recommend this game if you can get it on a sale, as while it is very short it is a great tale and well worth your time.

Warning: only open this spoiler if you never have played or never will play this game.

one of the two brothers dies while trying to save thier father

I finished the 4 main routes in Majikoi S and i'm like...did the autor of Akatsuki no Goei wrote this? What's with the cheap development in Margit and Kokoro routes and the sudden endings? ._. 

In Monshiro's route it was all good and all that but they just wrap the feelings in the after story. I was panicking at first because it just threw me the endings credits in that sweet moment and I was like "ITS THAT IT?!"

If it's the same for Koyuki i'm going to kill someone.

I finished the 4 main routes in Majikoi S and i'm like...did the autor of Akatsuki no Goei wrote this? What's with the cheap development in Margit and Kokoro routes and the sudden endings? ._. 

If it's the same for Koyuki i'm going to kill someone.

I rather liked Kokoro and Margits development

Uh, no. The writer of Majikoi is Takahiro, not Kinugasa.

I know. I just wanted to make that joke somewhere  :yumiko:

I rather liked Kokoro and Margits development

They weren't bad at all. I was expecting something similar to the first game where you talk a LOT more so I guess my expectations were at fault.

Oh yes Margit wasn't bad at all if you know what I mean.  :makina:

Still Yukie will be ever my favourite.

I thought their character development was pretty much just getting Yamato's D.  That's what I heard, at least.

Finished Ran's route in Osadai.  Eh...didn't really like it.  It surpassed silliness and became stupid, in my opinion.  On to Ell's route; hopefully it's a little less dumb.

My advice is to save the two sisters as your final routes, (though it could be they are locked routes, don't recall, been a few years~) to get the most out of it.

Yeah that was the plan

They are in fact locked, each one requires you to do two specific girls' routes IIRC.

Seconding saving them for last, though.

Yeah I saw that in the walkthrough

Good luck and hold firm. The storm is intense but brief and once weathered the rest of the game is pretty good!

Yeah I just hit the final choice right now but yeah I am really enjoying it. The art is so much better than the original

So yesterday at around 10 PM, I thought I would have a quick look at Amagami (since I have the Vita version from PS+), thinking I would just close it moments later because it didn't look that interesting. Well, I did close it later.... at 6 AM.  :michiru:

At first it was the perfect utsuge simulator. MC is a loser? Check. Manipulative annoying as hell heroine that makes the MC thousand times worse? Yeah, check, I somehow ran into her first. It was pure pain and suffering - and then I met Techno Rihoko, the best grill. The power of osananajimi characteristics and moe (Kiririri.... what have you done to me?) was more than enough for me to make a 180° turn on the game.  :sachi:

No but really, it was around that time I finally started understanding the main movement/calendar system. It looks pretty intimidating at first with new events appearing, disappearing, getting blocked and what not in a huge honeycomb pattern - but after spending a bit of time with it, it becomes surprisingly comprehensible, telling you everything you need to know. If you're going to fail, it's probably not going to be due to ambiguous choices, which is a good thing. I guess they could've worked on the help screens a bit more since they don't really help much at all - but it's not somehting you can't figure out on your own with a bit of trial and error.

Anyway, after suddenly pumping around 8 hours into it out of nowhere, I am around halfway through the calendar - and after the first successful confession, woo. I need to wrap up Hello Lady! fast, since Amagami seems like something I will be playing quite a bit. It scratches that itch I had ever since reading Clannad, which was one of my first VNs - in hindsight, one of the reasons why I liked Clannad so much might've been its similarity to a dating sim with the absurd amount of choices and heroines.

So yesterday at around 10 PM, I thought I would have a quick look at Amagami (since I have the Vita version from PS+), thinking I would just close it moments later because it didn't look that interesting. Well, I did close it later.... at 6 AM.  :michiru:

At first it was the perfect utsuge simulator. MC is a loser? Check. Manipulative annoying as hell heroine that makes the MC thousand times worse? Yeah, check, I somehow ran into her first. It was pure pain and suffering - and then I met Techno Rihoko, the best grill. The power of osananajimi characteristics and moe (Kiririri.... what have you done to me?) was more than enough for me to make a 180° turn on the game.  :sachi:

No but really, it was around that time I finally started understanding the main movement/calendar system. It looks pretty intimidating at first with new events appearing, disappearing, getting blocked and what not in a huge honeycomb pattern - but after spending a bit of time with it, it becomes surprisingly comprehensible, telling you everything you need to know. If you're going to fail, it's probably not going to be due to ambiguous choices, which is a good thing. I guess they could've worked on the help screens a bit more since they don't really help much at all - but it's not somehting you can't figure out on your own with a bit of trial and error.

Anyway, after suddenly pumping around 8 hours into it out of nowhere, I am around halfway through the calendar - and after the first successful confession, woo. I need to wrap up Hello Lady! fast, since Amagami seems like something I will be playing quite a bit. It scratches that itch I had ever since reading Clannad, which was one of my first VNs - in hindsight, one of the reasons why I liked Clannad so much might've been its similarity to a dating sim with the absurd amount of choices and heroines.

Amagami is a masterpiece and a super comfy game that everyone should play. I've only read Kaoru's route but I need to get to the others eventually.

You should try the fandiscs and Amatetris after you're done with the regular game.

Finished up Jabberwocky I in SubaHibi. Going to finish up the rest of the VN tonight or tomorrow, as I know "Which Dreamed It" and "Jabberwocky II" are a lot shorter than the other chapters.

All I can say right now is that I am so glad I put everything else on hold to read this.

Finished up Jabberwocky I in SubaHibi. Going to finish up the rest of the VN tonight or tomorrow, as I know "Which Dreamed It" and "Jabberwocky II" are a lot shorter than the other chapters.

All I can say right now is that I am so glad I put everything else on hold to read this.