What are you playing?

replaying trample on schatten until i get my hands on liar soft´s fairytale requiem, which is one of my most desired titles this year & be it only for the ultra appealing visuals aka psychedelic wonderland

I have been hyped for fairytale for months now, cant wait to try it out, im afraid that my japanese skills are inferior right now to actually comprehend it fully though.

Well that just gives me even more motivation I guess.

Just finished Insects in SubaHibi...

And THANK FUCKING GOD FOR THAT! That was the singular most infuriating experience I have had in quite some time. So glad I decided to marathon Insects and get it over with.

At least the alt route was fucking amazing. I think I need to change my profile picture to Kimika, because she is now love and life and everything in between <3

Normally, the guys on FSG would be listening to me bitch right about now, but Skype won't send any of my messages, so I've been shafted there.

I'm giving School Days a whirl. Hooooly crap the animation is bad. I knew to expect bad animation going in, but I still underestimated its awfulness. During the scene in the train after the movie, I couldn't actually tell what happened because the animation and direction is so bad. I had to wait for Makoto to describe it to Sekai in order to figure out what transpired. Hopefully it doesn't continue to be a major problem. As for the story, eh. I'm still early. The early drama seemed a bit contrived, but I'll stick with it. I'm also going in blind for my first playthrough. I'm just going with my gut on all the choices and we'll see where I end up. (Obviously the best Kotonoha ending possible.  :makina: )

Yeah, pretty much. A lot of still shots of characters standing perfectly still and talking. And they don't even animate the mouths a lot of the time. Whenever a character does something, like, say, take a bite of some food, they awkwardly cut away in a really obvious fashion so you hear what they're doing but can't see it. There is very little actual animation.

The H-scenes are "actually animated" in the sense that there's movement on screen, at the very least. But it's still terrible. Not that hentai OVAs are usually well animated or anything, but stuff from the 80s like Cream Lemon is better than that...

And I've seen a few H-scenes from Shiny Days, it doesn't really look any better. Nosebleed were complaining about them too the other day.

Well, that's a bit disappointing.  I'd hope for 0verflow's sake that they stopped skimping on the animation, otherwise I can't imagine the other Days selling very well.  I'm betting that they tried harder with the h-scenes, though.  I'm sure we all know why :makina:

I never gave it a serious chance, the MC was just too much a douche, and the attempt at creating an animated VN just irked me.

But recently, I found a spoiler about one of the endings that makes me want to try playing it for real.... I knew this was a dark game but I didn't realize just HOW dark it could potentially get. Makes me want and try for a peaceful end and avoid all the insane/asshole stuff.

Just finished Sekien No Inganock, pretty good read even if it was messy.

I have a question concerning Kerkan :

He is Kia's big brother right?

Does he want to kill everyone with his "easy death" because the people of Inganock are suffering, dying atrociously everyday? And that he can't bear to see that because ten years ago Kia died a long time after having her body crushed under the debris (implying that she suffered quite a lot). Or is it related to the forty-one unborn childrens? That was quite hazy and it bugs me since I really like Kerkan.

Just finished Sekien No Inganock, pretty good read even if it was messy.

I have a question concerning Kerkan :

He is Kia's big brother right?

Does he want to kill everyone with his "easy death" because the people of Inganock are suffering, dying atrociously everyday? And that he can't bear to see that because ten years ago Kia died a long time after having her body crushed under the debris (implying that she suffered quite a lot). Or is it related to the forty-one unborn childrens? That was quite hazy and it bugs me since I really like Kerkan.

I never gave it a serious chance, the MC was just too much a douche, and the attempt at creating an animated VN just irked me.

But recently, I found a spoiler about one of the endings that makes me want to try playing it for real.... I knew this was a dark game but I didn't realize just HOW dark it could potentially get. Makes me want and try for a peaceful end and avoid all the insane/asshole stuff.

Recently completed my 100th vn with reading Majikoi-S Higanabana, Kotori Love ExP, and 10 of the Sono Hanabira titles and Hanahira, Im currently deciding what to read next, thinking I might read Da Capo 2 not sure yet

Da Capo 2 is actually pretty good, as far as slice-of-life rom/coms go. Manly tears were def. shed. I only ctrl-skipped through one route. (Koko's)

Wait, they're selling this 20€/$? I mean, the price of the game in Japan is about 2000 yen and that's already a bit less than 20 bucks with the conversion, plus you'd expect a japanese game to be mor expensive than its western counterpart as usual.

The full game is not worth 40€ that's for sure... I don't think there's a point buying this before it's on a more significant sale than 25%.