What are you playing?

Finished my first play-through of Hanachirasu.

It was a nice read, though nothing that occurred in the vn can be called nice, all the dark stuff was interesting to watch and I did like the fact that we get an 'evil' protag who remains the same throughout and doesn't change his ways after some sort of divine revelation or something. 

The irony that Igarasu killed the very person whom he was avenging made the ending even better.

The art style was fitting for the vn and the ost was also good.

I especially liked 'Demon Warrior' -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9HeCzLSL4c

And well you gotta love Akane's smile

Hanachirasu.600.1024711.jpg

I will go on to reading the second playthrough now.

Finished Period. Didn't really leave an impact on me. Nothing really made it stand out for me and I feel like the existence of angels could have been fleshed out a little more. Oh well, it was still pretty decent.

Gonna finally read KiraKira.  Actually, scratch that. Imma read Katahane first. 

I haven't actually played many Key games, only Little Busters and Rewrite, both of which I liked (LB much more). With a hopefully better translation of Clannad looming on the horizon and people talking about Angel Beats, I think it's time for me to go full Key. I've started playing Kanon now, will move on to Air, and at the rate I've been playing VNs lately, maybe it will only be a month or two by the time I finish Air from Clannad's release, and will play that then.

still re-playing Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi & feeling soo damn guilty..

i just finished that about a day ago, are you feeling guilty about the VN? I didn't really feel guilty reading it, most of it was a happy end, and the MC+ whatever girl gets a happily ever after. I didn't really like the Mikoto route though....i liked her the way she is, but romancing her was something else, and it didn't feel quite right

I haven't actually played many Key games, only Little Busters and Rewrite, both of which I liked (LB much more). With a hopefully better translation of Clannad looming on the horizon and people talking about Angel Beats, I think it's time for me to go full Key. I've started playing Kanon now, will move on to Air, and at the rate I've been playing VNs lately, maybe it will only be a month or two by the time I finish Air from Clannad's release, and will play that then.

I haven't played Rewrite yet but I loved Little Busters and I'm loving Angel Beats. One of the things that sets these two games apart from a lot of other VNs is the emphasis on a group of friends rather than it just being about one guy chasing after one of many girls. Even on the routes focusing on individual girls you are still spending lots of time with everyone. They flesh out all the characters in your group a lot and it feels more like you're part of a circle of friends than just some lonely guy looking for virtual girls to date. Eustia also captured this feeling pretty well with how active Kaim was in the community.

@sub...yeah for most of the vn it wasnt there, but upon entering mitokos path....you know that scene....peropero sensei....feels so....wrong/right...ahhh.
guilt level increases when not choosing mitoko & also when choosing mitoko. damn it

& yeah its definitely one of the very best vn´s out there, truly enjoyed it, though it beeing one of the olden ones. shame it´ll likely never see an official release beacause of that fact. for me its 2 main selling points were, first the mc isnt your everyday highschool dude & second them romance beeing really well written.

I decided to set Angel Beats aside for a bit so I can finish up a few Vita games before I go back to the States. The more Vita games I finish, the more I can trade in and buy more before I leave, since after I move back it won't be as easy or cheap to get Vita VNs as it is now. So I sat down and finished Flowers. It was good, but there's tons to talk about so look forward to my review blog post covering all the details.

This is weird. It's like the trial version of Love Rec. covered the whole common route, and I somehow accidentally went into Nori's route unknowingly, after a single choice. At first I discarded it as just a "heroine arc" in common route, but they are almost in a real relationship at this point already, and Nori is having a lead of 6 CGs against other heroines (only have 1 each).

bS4KGrX.jpg

Edit: So I really was in Nori's route after all. Seem like only 3 routes will be available from the start, and Hitomi route will be unlocked later on.

Still in Princess Evangile's common route.  I'm at Chapter 10 right now.  I'm loving all the biblical references slipped into the dialogue; I may not be a Christian, but I know enough about Christianity to get the references (thanks, Mom and Wikipedia!), and I still think that's it's rather amusing to have people quoting the Bible in an eroge.  My favorite part so far was the "health class" that Masaya taught.  Best part of that scene:

82794.jpg

Have to say, though, that the reuse of BGM tracks is starting to eat away at my sanity.  The same handful of tracks get reused so often  >.<

While everyone seems to be busy with Angel Beats I decided to give eden* a go. The game looks gorgeous and it's short. Nice to play something like this after long hours in Majikoi for a change. ^_^

I'm actually playing Eden* as well right now. Agreed completely on the "gorgeous" statement. This is the first Minori VN for me, but if the feels turn out as good as the art, I'm definitely going to look at picking up more.

I'm actually playing Eden* as well right now. Agreed completely on the "gorgeous" statement. This is the first Minori VN for me, but if the feels turn out as good as the art, I'm definitely going to look at picking up more.

Bought that a few days ago, but I'm currently going through If My Heart Had Wings (Agahe patched route, heard iffy things about it and awful things about the Moenovel translation so I figured I'd get it out of the way first.) Sounds like it's a good little VN going on what I've read here and other places.