What are you playing?

Playing Everlasting Summer.

Everlasting Summer is.. pretty mediocre in my opinion. There were some 'wtf is going on' moments here and there. But it was.. okay, I guess.

Miku's route is actually one of the better routes in my opinion. Though it ends rather abruptly. Like, REALLY abruptly.

The backgrounds are really beautiful though.

Started Rance 1 - Quest for Hikari, it's the age-old version so I will be slowly making my way through it. I'm also going through my second playthrough of Sengoku Rance along with Rance 1. 

Have kept Demonbane on a temporary hold.

Currently playing Majikoi and DAMN I love it!

We all do

I see someone declaring war on the Key people here.  :makina:

I've already done that.  Key bores me just as much as the TV station Hallmark.  In fact I basically attribute it to the same reason: they both do the same thing over and over again, so much that it gets repetitive. They have a formula, and they stick to it, so its gotten stale.

Started SakuSaku, seeing if the VN is worth waiting for by reading the common.

Am I being over sensitive or is SakuSaku almost a rehash of HoshiMemo?  It seems like it's using almost the same exact setting and characters, even down to their backgrounds.  We have Tina the Mare, Jinpou the Hisakaki, Konami the Chinami, Mio the Asuho, and Yuri the Aoi.  It is actually appaling how similar they appear to be.

Have you played more than 30 minutes? The characters are all very different. Tina and Mare couldn't be further apart. All of those character archetypes, including the token shinigami, are pretty common in moege. But even though many of the characters share the same archetypes, they behave pretty differently. Konami and Chinami are very different, Tina and Mare are worlds apart in personality, etc. If you play enough VNs, you will see these archetypes all over the place. SakuSaku takes very little inspiration from Hoshimemo, but it does pull heavily from the genre in general, and offers little in the way of creativity. It's worth noting that Hoshimemo also did not invent those archetypes, that one was also using a lot of the standard tropes present in VNs and specifically moege.

edit: The archetypes in both games:

The shinigami - Mare and Tina. They have very different personalities. Mare is really shy and mysterious, puts on a mask of indifference because she's afraid of getting too close to others. Tina is quite friendly, actively likes being with other people, wears her personality on her sleeve. The only similarity between these characters is that they're both shinigami

The deredere childhood friend - Mio and Asuho. Perhaps the most similar, I chalk this up to there not being much depth to explore in this archetype. Their personal issues are very different (and both very, very dumb, especially Asuho's). There are still differences in their behavior, Asuho is a bit more direct while Mio is more reticent. Mio is much more reliant on the main character than Asuho.

The Imouto - Chinami is super hyper and innocent. Is very outgoing, and also very obnoxious. Konami is low-energy, and actually pretty lewd. She's a relatively normal person, not as outgoing as Chinami but also not an introvert. The only real similarity is that they're both the MC's sister.

I'd say the rest of the characters are even more divergent. Aoi vs Yuri - Aoi is aggressively introverted, refusing to interact with others unless forced to. Whereas Yuri makes friends and treasures them. Yuri's attitude is understandable given her position and is flexible. It practically takes a force of nature to move Aoi. These two are not really similar at all.

Hikasaki vs Jinpou - I'm unsure which Hikasaki you mean here, but I presume it's Kosame. Kosame is very meddling, almost an oneesan-type character despite not being older. She kind of serves a mentor of sorts, imparting wise advice or interfering when she deems it would be helpful. She sort of feels detached from everything, trying to observe or help from the outside, and avoids getting too intimately involved. Jinpou also meddles a bit, but not to the same extent. She's a senpai, but she doesn't act her age, she's actually pretty childish. Is a mischievous person in nature. She's a bit hard to get a handle on in the common route, her route might elucidate more details on her character but it's not translated yet. As of now, I'm inclined to say that they're very different characters belonging in different archetypes.

As for Komomo and the secret heroine, they both have no equivalents in SakuSaku. It has no real tsundere, although if they make Yuri's sister into a heroine in a fandisc or expanded version, she might qualify. She'd still be very different from Komomo. None of the support characters are all that similar, the surrogate mother behaves very differently, for example.

So yeah, after that lengthy analysis, I'd say that you are definitely being overly sensitive. Why did I just type all this? I guess I have time to kill.

Cartaga- Just finished all of the "non true" routes, so far I'm enjoying it. Love the time period and the artstyle, however I wish there was a more in depth Aoki Touji route. She is like the coolest "kinda" heroine ever, a one armed albino mob boss, and she is completely wasted. 

DaCapo2- Much less nightmarish than its' prequel with just the right amount of refrences to DC1. Still a pretty mediocre read though.

Have you played more than 30 minutes? The characters are all very different. Tina and Mare couldn't be further apart. All of those character archetypes, including the token shinigami, are pretty common in moege. But even though many of the characters share the same archetypes, they behave pretty differently. Konami and Chinami are very different, Tina and Mare are worlds apart in personality, etc. If you play enough VNs, you will see these archetypes all over the place. SakuSaku takes very little inspiration from Hoshimemo, but it does pull heavily from the genre in general, and offers little in the way of creativity. It's worth noting that Hoshimemo also did not invent those archetypes, that one was also using a lot of the standard tropes present in VNs and specifically moege.

-snip-

So yeah, after that lengthy analysis, I'd say that you are definitely being overly sensitive. Why did I just type all this? I guess I have time to kill.

Grisaia spoilers

I think I finally got into Amane's route (which I intended to, so yay), I'm right past the h-scene in the grand bath.

Why did Yuuji lower himself to nearly pre-MLA Shirogane Takeru levels of partner abuse? Well, it happened only twice, but he slapped Amane for trivial reasons (h-scenes excluded).

Currently playing "Flyable heart if that time" blind because i couldn't find any walkthroughs, which is fine but id at least like to see how many routes there are or if i have to look out for specific things such as beating the norm route first or whatnot...but i suppose it fun to do this way also.

Oh yeah, I went Alpha Mode in Huniepop.

Thanks, Kyu.

I thought the game was really nice. It's fun, attractive, and fun.

Fun fun fun. I played for bejeweled. And for unlocking things. It's one of my autisms.

So, after playing, I guess I can say that Kyu's my best girl, followed by Tiffany.

No doubt about it now.

Lewd girls are great.

Huniepop is great.

I hope for more fun games.

@kazuma kun, erhm if i remember it correctly the game has just one route, cause its the continuation of mayuris route from the original game, or rather something like the complete route

without the whole timetravel stuff from the main story

Grisaia spoilers

I think I finally got into Amane's route (which I intended to, so yay), I'm right past the h-scene in the grand bath.

Why did Yuuji lower himself to nearly pre-MLA Shirogane Takeru levels of partner abuse? Well, it happened only twice, but he slapped Amane for trivial reasons (h-scenes excluded).

Grisaia spoilers