What are you playing?

Chapter 3, Kanon route

Worst route, IMO.  It's kinda silly.  The next two are pretty much considered to be the best, with Haru's beating Mizuha's in terms of quality.

Playing G-Senjou no Maou

I want to punch Eiichi in the face so bad <_<

seriously, calling girls 'slut' and 'bitch' behind their backs... He's a sad excuse for a human being. I hate him more than that Gonzou guy which is quite impressive in its own right I guess.

it seems that most people like him, am I weird? :(

And yeah, I hated him too, but I eventually got used to him.  Towards the end of Haru's route he becomes a lot more tolerable, mostly because he's not the main source of comic relief, as the plot gets a lot more serious.

Worst route, IMO.  It's kinda silly.  The next two are pretty much considered to be the best, with Haru's beating Mizuha's in terms of quality.

Yeah, I heard that her route was the worst. Can't say I loved Tsubaki's route either, though  :(  even though I love her as a character

I am totally in love with Haru though, what a lovely personality she has  :sachi:

Yeah, I heard that her route was the worst. Can't say I loved Tsubaki's route either, though  :(  even though I love her as a character

Eh, I have to disagree with you there, at least when it comes to Tsubaki's bad end.  That was, without a doubt, the best bad end to a VN I've ever seen.  Made me feel like such a bastard just for reading it.  Her good end was kinda meh, though, and her route itself was about average.  Didn't really make-or-break G-senjou, but I don't think it was supposed to  :P

Yeah, I heard that her route was the worst. Can't say I loved Tsubaki's route either, though   :(  even though I love her as a character

All the Kanon hate.

I still can't hate on that route.

I really liked the H-scenes ice skating.

It was one of the hottest interesting things I've read.

I still think it's Tsubaki < Kanon < Mizuha < Haru.

All the Kanon hate.

I still can't hate on that route.

I really liked the H-scenes ice skating.

It was one of the hottest interesting things I've read.

I still think it's Tsubaki < Kanon < Mizuha < Haru.

I loved Kanon (dat voice was so cute  <3), but I really thought her route missed out on things that made it interesting.  Like you said, a lot of the appeal was the h-scenes and Kanon herself, while the plot kinda fell flat, IMO.

For me, it was Kanon < Tsubaki < Mizuha < Haru, simply because of Tsubaki's bad end, and how much I disliked both the ends to Kanon's route.

to be fair, i pretty much disliked all the whoroines in the game, first one was your stereotypical innocent girl, easily corrupted and damn annoying, second one was awfully ignorant of her surroundings

c´mon your daddy is mr. fucking kingpin himself & you just don´t get it?!?

and bit too selfish for my taste, third one was your little miss the world is against me and even if i don´t make sense i love oneesan & finally the living clichee of a traumatised, obsessive beeing who overastimates its own capabilities

like following the maou into the depts of the cavern on its own in hope of some superpowers will awaken in the right moment

only true heroine is the one who didn´t get a route, although she was the best looking one, had some brains, showed some guts when needed & was resonsible for the bad in mizuhas bad ending.

I still can't put Tsubaki ahead of Kanon, partly because I can barely remember it, but mostly since I think it focused too much on flirty stuff. Or I just don't like Tsubaki.

Maybe I should read it again.

And try to get whatever HCG of Haru I seem to be missing.

Nope, it mostly focuses on 

her personality starting to shift after she meets with Maou and how she becomes more selfish, deviating from her altruistic self.

It's more likely that you disliked how, well, 2D Tsubaki's character is.  Her altruism is pretty much her only memorable characteristic, other than the fact that she's pretty immature and writes in a diary every day.

to be fair, i pretty much disliked all the whoroines in the game, first one was your stereotypical innocent girl, easily corrupted and damn annoying, second one was awfully ignorant of her surroundings

c´mon your daddy is mr. fucking kingpin himself & you just don´t get it?!?

and bit too selfish for my taste, third one was your little miss the world is against me and even if i don´t make sense i love oneesan & finally the living clichee of a traumatised, obsessive beeing who overastimates its own capabilities

like following the maou into the depts of the cavern on its own in hope of some superpowers will awaken in the right moment

only true heroine is the one who didn´t get a route, although she was the best looking one, had some brains, showed some guts when needed & was resonsible for the bad in mizuhas bad ending.

That really just sounds like you didn't like G-senjou...

For G-senjou no Maou, the other heroines routes pale in comparison to the true route. Not trying to say that they are bad or anything but they just feel kinda incomplete.

For the routes -

Haru >> Tsubaki > Mizuha > Kanon

I agree that Kanon's h-scenes were the best though.

For the girls -

Haru > Kanon > Tsubaki > Mizuha

Nope, it mostly focuses on 

her personality starting to shift after she meets with Maou and how she becomes more selfish, deviating from her altruistic self.

It's more likely that you disliked how, well, 2D Tsubaki's character is.  Her altruism is pretty much her only memorable characteristic, other than the fact that she's pretty immature and writes in a diary every day.

Oh. I didn't consider the whole Chapter 2 to be part of her route sooooo.

Since it branches off at that particular scene in the park, where you choose to enter or not.

So I remember that she was indeed becoming selfish, which is actually a good thing for her, but not for her siblings.

And so, you two work things out or something.

For G-senjou no Maou, the other heroines routes pale in comparison to the true route. Not trying to say that they are bad or anything but they just feel kinda incomplete.

I think the main point of that was because in those routes, you essentially detach yourself from the main plot.

Which revolves around Haru. So basically, if you don't go for Haru, you stop being involved in Maou's plots, which basically revolve around her anyway.

Or some shit happens that discontinues the apparent attack of Maou on the city.

Oh. I didn't consider the whole Chapter 2 to be part of her route sooooo.

Since it branches off at that particular scene in the park, where you choose to enter or not.

So I remember that she was indeed becoming selfish, which is actually a good thing for her, but not for her siblings.

And so, you two work things out or something.

I mean,

technically it's not in her route, but if you don't include that, it kinda removes 1/3-2/3 of the content from her route, and pretty much castrates it in terms of meaningful plot, so I include it as part of her route.

I mean,

technically it's not in her route, but if you don't include that, it kinda removes 1/3-2/3 of the content from her route, and pretty much castrates it in terms of meaningful plot, so I include it as part of her route.

I think that's basically why I didn't get into her route that much.

Besides the sex and her being a mom, I don't really recall anything.

Compared to Kanon still having some sort of content after branching off the main plot.

N-Not that I'm defending the supposed worst route.

to be fair, i pretty much disliked all the whoroines

Can you please refrain from calling girls (3 or 2-D) whores? This is just incredibly disrespectful to women in general.

Also Kosaki you just read it for the H-scenes, didn't you? You dog  :makina:

You should know by now that I skip all H-scenes though  :sachi:

Eh, I have to disagree with you there, at least when it comes to Tsubaki's bad end.  That was, without a doubt, the best bad end to a VN I've ever seen.  Made me feel like such a bastard just for reading it.  Her good end was kinda meh, though, and her route itself was about average.  Didn't really make-or-break G-senjou, but I don't think it was supposed to   :P

As far as bad ends go it was pretty damn disgusting to see her getting corrupted by the protag like that so I guess you were quite right. However, it has left me with very negative feelings towards the protag as well. I was having a very hard time sympathizing with anything he did before that but now that I read that bad end I ended up straight up disliking him, I'm afraid  <_<

Then again, that's probably the point of it all, isn't it? The bad endings are supposed to feel like this after all...

As far as bad ends go it was pretty damn disgusting to see her getting corrupted by the protag like that so I guess you were quite right. However, it has left me with very negative feelings towards the protag as well. I was having a very hard time sympathizing with anything he did before that but now that I read that bad end I ended up straight up disliking him, I'm afraid  <_<

Then again, that's probably the point of it all, isn't it? The bad endings are supposed to feel like this after all...

Pretty much.  I mean, it is a bad end, so it ideally shouldn't make you feel happy.  They're supposed to be disturbing or depressing (like Tsubaki's and Amane's in Kajitsu), which is why I like Tsubaki's so much.  It pretty much sets the bar for bad ends, in my mind, anyway.

It's most definitely not intended to make you like Kyousuke, so...that probably means that you have the "correct" morals in this day and age.

ourai no gahkthun, seems like good one vn, oo oo oo, dis heating up discussion of g-sen lol.

talking about g-sen,

definitely love that one scene where kyousuke is being interrogated by the detective on haru's route, just cant help liking that kind of thing.

Well I use my laptop in the living room, sitting on a sofa in the corner seat. 

No one can actually see what I'm watching unless someone sits beside me. Though if I see even the slight chance of someone coming to sit there, I've instantly saved and closed the vn and opened up something else.

My alertness increases to nearly twice during a h-scene. I'm always checking that headphones are properly connected the moment a h-scene starts, don't even what to imagine what would happen if the h-voices started playing on the speakers.

i only play 18+ vn (especially the H-scenes) IF only i could see everyone, whoever in the room.

heck i even read h-scenes with my parents in front of me. of course using headphone and my left hand always ready to tap the alt+tab. well, positioning is still the key, lel.

reading this and that about g-sen makes me want to re-read it again ,_,
i think i read g-sen around 2 or 3 years ago. (。ò ∀ ó。)

Well, just finished Misato's route in CC...I seriously don't understand what happened after 

Kiri shot Taichi with a crossbow and he started to bleed out. Was that a real memory, or was it a near-death delusion caused by blood loss?  I really feel like a large amount of this VN was made with the intent of screwing with the reader's mind...

Think I'm gonna try for Touko's route; I find the way she acts towards Taichi to be kinda hilarious.

ourai no gahkthun, seems like good one vn, oo oo oo, dis heating up discussion of g-sen lol.

talking about g-sen,

definitely love that one scene where kyousuke is being interrogated by the detective on haru's route, just cant help liking that kind of thing.

I started crying like a baby during that scene, and the ones after that.  G-senjou sure can knock people on their ass, emotionally.  Sure doesn't pull any punches.

I started crying like a baby during that scene, and the ones after that.  G-senjou sure can knock people on their ass, emotionally.  Sure doesn't pull any punches.

actually, i cried while laughing at tht part, lol.

that was the first time i thought "i want to be that kind of person" in my life. kyousuke in the bad ends excluded.

still, tsubaki is a meh for me. on top she's totally not my type, the story is just as meh.

btw, can't believe i've had chaos child missed from my visual novel net (눈_눈).

just googled it right now.

Been reading Rewrite recently. Still in the common route. It's not Grisaia level, but it's better than Hoshimemo's. I like Shizuru/Kotori, am kinda neutral towards Akane/Chihaya

and really don't like Lucia. She has several of my least fav character traits in one, and is just a fun vampire in general. Shizuru calling out Lucia's bullying was a glorious moment.

5EEpeDe.png

She was my fav even before this, that just solidified top spot. What a hero.

I think the main point of that was because in those routes, you essentially detach yourself from the main plot.

Which revolves around Haru. So basically, if you don't go for Haru, you stop being involved in Maou's plots, which basically revolve around her anyway.

Or some shit happens that discontinues the apparent attack of Maou on the city.

Yeah the girls individual routes weren't as good as the true route, but I really liked the format. Linear story that branches off and stops earlier depending on your choices. More VNs should format themselves like that, rather than just a common route and 3+ branches all at the same time. It made sense too, because as you said the main plot pretty much revolved around Haru, and getting deeply involved with her was optional for the most part.

Also Kosaki you just read it for the H-scenes, didn't you? You dog  :makina:

That's mean. :T

Although I can't deny that I always look forward to H-scenes.

Yeah the girls individual routes weren't as good as the true route, but I really liked the format. Linear story that branches off and stops earlier depending on your choices. More VNs should format themselves like that, rather than just a common route and 3+ branches all at the same time. It made sense too, because as you said the main plot pretty much revolved around Haru, and getting deeply involved with her was optional for the most part.

I'd like a little part of the main route to spice things up a bit.

Or a different ending overall.

Like how you choose the other choice and that results to an entirely different story.

Yeah. I like that.

That's mean. :T

Although I can't deny that I always look forward to H-scenes.

Hey, the truth hurts  :makina:

I have to admit the H-scenes from the good endings are better than what I've seen before in other eroge, but I still wouldn't consider them worth watching myself. The ones from the bad endings seem to be rather rape-y though, made my stomach turn   <_<