Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

What are you playing?

So far, Sengoku, 2 and the kichikuou rance. I'd recommend Kichikuou because it's also turn based, but the graphics are really horrible.

I don't think it's that horrible. It looks nice to me.

But it is undeniable that the games that come after it look a lot better.

Still, it's pretty good. Save for some other portraits.

Or is it me being used to old graphics? I might never know.

I haven't played Kichikuou. Refraining from playing it 'till I get to finishing IV, 4.1 and 4.2.

Personally, I think all Rance games are worth playing.

But if you only want good graphics, story, and gameplay, which is also translated, then that's quite a problem. I don't the story is as good as it is to me if you skip the ones that are old.

The only other one which has good art is Rance 02, the remake of the original Rance II.

I can't say that it has good gameplay though.

Sengoku Rance is too much of a unique case. That's why it sold so well. The people played it not only because of the story, but because of the gameplay too.

Here's a sample of 02:

ikDhHMz.jpgVpTrQRW.jpg

Don't worry, it's translated.

All the others have mediocre art. You would expect such art from the 1990's, after all.

Rance I (1989), Rance III (1991), Rance IV (1993), Rance 4.1 (1995), Rance 4.2 (1995), and Kichikuou Rance (1996) are all translated.

If you want something close to Sengoku Rance in terms of gameplay, Kichikuou is the way to go.

But it references a lot of things from the previous games.

If you want to, click my sig. It should link you to the thread about Alicesoft games.

Gameplay is not a must, I meant that if there is some gameplay(rpg elements) in the game it should be of play-able quality and not the fully crap mechanisms in some games.

As for for the graphics, Rance VI and ahead have good graphics but ones before are hardly any good(which are only ones translated). The only times I play games with old graphics is when the story is of excellent quality which I doubt would be the case here.

As you said Rance 02 seems the best for me to play.

I watched the first chapter of Danganronpa 2 and holy cow tits that was amazing.

(HUGE SPOILERS, guaranteed Chapter 1 spoilers)

A friend had told me that Teru murders Komaeda so I was in denial even when Hanamura was found out and there were 40 minutes left in the chapter when the Closing Argument (Climax Interference) appeared. A nice point is that I was in denial even during that phase.

I don't know still who offed Komaeda. I'll probably learn when I get the game.

Oh, also Komaeda now really scares me

I'm in chapter 6 of Serawi's route. The Reaper has reappeared and now I have to journey to another church which I already tried twice and ended up failing. The challenge is both refreshing and frustrating. Wonder how much longer this route will last and which girl I should go for after this. This is gonna go on for a while by the looks of things cause my save file says i've played it for about 50 hours. Thinking about reading another VN on the side to catch up more.

Lol Serwalvi is the worst heroine in the game. The game itself is easy and fun, and Yuela's route is probably harder imo. It's too bad there are only three routes, I would've liked to see some of the other routes...

I just finished Eden*, a sad little story. On one side I understand people compare it to Planetarian but on the other side.. its totally different. I personally thought Eden* had a deeper story, with more..variety and "story content". The feel of the story is quite similar to Planetarian though.

Also almost finished Kaoru route in Ayakashibito, only Suzu endings left after that. I think Tonya route is my favorite so far..

And I think I will be playing Cartagra (mangagamer release soonnn), I played the demo and liked what I saw. :)

Eh..well... o.o I'm trying to create a picture of this story in my head, but uh.. I have no clue what to expect to be really honest, lol. I was planning to play euphoria though, so I'll know in time.. I guess ^^;

Eden... wouldn't happen to be the one with only three people in it, would it?

Alternative between DCPC and Captive Market (surprising contrast, but it didn't bother me).

Currently on Kotori's route for DC. And as for Captive Market, Anastasia just jacked herself off on the stage in front of a crowd of men... while being photographed. Daaaamn. lol What a humiliation for that pompous whore. Her pride as a commander is slowly being stripped away...

Looks like Daness is next. Looks like it's a gang rape this time. Can't wait to get a taste of her...

I actually prefer her and other tone-skinned females than the pale-skinned Anastasia. Pale skin is boring, so it's a shame that Daness didn't get to participate in acts as humiliating as Anastasia's in her own route. I'm currently on Anastasia's route, and yet here, it's Daness who receives the gang rape treatment, not Ana who merely masturbated herself in public. To me, this gang rape is gonna be much more fun than watching some stupid bitch masturbate herself (especially when you consider that the gang rape is going to last alllllll day long... hell yeah), so you can say I'm more excited about this particular scene...

What the fuck is Captive Market.

You just enjoyed one of the best routes from one of the best VNs of all time.  Kyou Fujibayashi is my first anime crush.  Welcome to Fuwanovel.

-Arvis

Ahh! Ahhh ahhh!! Kyou is great. Great great character. I also have an anime crush on her. I like her and Tomoyo very much.

If you don't hate him from the very beginning, then you probably never will. From the very start he was sneaking peaks, flipping skirts, copping feels, etc, and that really aggravated the hell out of me. He gets more tolerable over time.

If you don't hate him from the very beginning, then you probably never will. From the very start he was sneaking peaks, flipping skirts, copping feels, etc, and that really aggravated the hell out of me. He gets more tolerable over time.

I dont really dislike pervert characters when they are on the funny side, he behaves like a brat but I find this likeable. 

What the fuck is Captive Market.

Something that I can tell that you will probably judge all over the place and won't like, so... save it.

This is a good indicator of what it is.

Though I'd still tell you to go and search for it, if you really want to know.

I dont really dislike pervert characters when they are on the funny side, he behaves like a brat but I find this likeable. 

I didnt hate Taichi unlike many others and by the end of vn, there is just no way you can still hate him. 

Ahh! Ahhh ahhh!! Kyou is great. Great great character. I also have an anime crush on her. I like her and Tomoyo very much.

You are clearly a person of exquisite taste.  Kyou really deserved her own "After" story.  Alas.

-Arvis

The way Akihito calls large breasts "weapons" is starting to annoy me.  He just won't stop  Dx

Okay, an idol was just introduced.  I bet Akihito is going to sleep with her.  How do I know, you ask?  She's a loli wearing a maid-esque outfit.  MC is obviously going to hit that.