What are you playing?

Michiru's route wasn't the best in my opinion, but like all Grisaia routes (in my opinion) it was great. They were all fantastic in their own ways. As a character she isn't bad, either,

although I prefer her other personality better. >_>

Totally wasn't hoping for her to stay that way or anything.

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

guys I solved it I solved it, I finally know why mmorpgs make female armor so skimpy     Sharty's face is just priceless

Picked up, or rather finally started Ace Attorney trilogy on my 3DS. Finished the first game, in the middle of Ep1 of the 2nd game, which is atm a shame because i expected Phoenix to start off veteran

Finished Sekien no Inganock, and holy fucking shitballs, why didn't I read this sooner? Seriously the atmosphere, the music, the charcters the story I think I may have found my next 10 on my vndb no e

Well since I want to be as brief as possible, even if it's difficult, I will only touch 2 points of what you said. Else I wouldn't be to stop writing.

Makina's hospital was unguarded mainly because it was more advantageous to do so from the Irisu perspective since they could kill her then, and if the client doesn't want guards even if it's CIRS they just can't put guards on a assassination mark wherever they please since it goes beyond them, and I don't think they expected her to be able to walk out of there on her own due to her irregular condition.

Regarding the endings, I get that she would inherit the position of 9029 and even if pregnant and mentally unstable and be able to do her job simply because she was a sniper it is hinted so, she had already displayed such capabilities before, and I'm sure she received training since there seems to exist a time gap, I didn't bother to compare the in-game dates but that's what I deduced. Due to do previously mention mental instability she could possibly kill, she was warped enough at that point. However I didn't find this end too bad.

Now my rage is with the good end. Since Yuuji's alive and they had Makina's money and his savings I don't get why she had to inherit the 9029 in this end. I mean this way Yuuji is but a piece of crap in his own mind, since he's unable to protect Makina now and even had her take up his old position, I just can't imagine Yuuji being happy even if he's with the woman he loves and having a certain freedom. Also right at the end it's hinted that Makina might break apart someday due to the headaches she has hinting at the sames headaches Yuuji had, caused be killing people, this is the end I don't get why she was able to flip her switch to be able to kill people. Also like you said if the chains of the "company" are still around at least in one of the couple's necks it can't be called a good end. For me it was an normal end rather than a good end. Makina route has no good end, there raging done. It's disappointing because I actually like her route.

Sorry for the "essay" in the spoilers.

For the first point, I understand the advantage the Irisu clan has to having their daughter unguarded. It's pointed out that it would be easier to kill her that way, and even more so should she manage to escape to the outside world. Respecting their clients wishes makes sense to a point, but I would expect they might prioritize capturing Yuuji. For one, they have to go after him regardless. From a practical point, it would be easier to catch him at the hospital than to track and chase him down. Particularly so because of how skilled he is. There's no guarantee Yuuji wouldn't start killing again, so it would be more dangerous to drag out his capture. Given the nature of his organization, I would expect them to take that sort of care. Even if they weren't actively guarding Makina, I would expect them to be surveilling the hospital.

For the second point, being pregnant would hinder how well you could do the job of a sniper. I don't remember the time frame either, but considering she's pregnant with Yuuji's child, I wouldn't expect 1 to 9 months training, on top of all the playing her and Yuuji did, to cut it to do the job of 9029. That's supposed to be reserved for the best. Also, I wouldn't expect an organization like Yuuji's to overlook the importance of psychological health. How Makina is in the bad end would make her an unpredictable element, on and off the job. I wouldn't expect Yuuji's company to retain anyone like that, let alone give them such a high designation.

As for the good end, yeah. It's not really that great of an ending. Yuuji would no doubt be miserable with the way things turned out.

For the first point, I understand the advantage the Irisu clan has to having their daughter unguarded. It's pointed out that it would be easier to kill her that way, and even more so should she manage to escape to the outside world. Respecting their clients wishes makes sense to a point, but I would expect they might prioritize capturing Yuuji. For one, they have to go after him regardless. From a practical point, it would be easier to catch him at the hospital than to track and chase him down. Particularly so because of how skilled he is. There's no guarantee Yuuji wouldn't start killing again, so it would be more dangerous to drag out his capture. Given the nature of his organization, I would expect them to take that sort of care. Even if they weren't actively guarding Makina, I would expect them to be surveilling the hospital.

For the second point, being pregnant would hinder how well you could do the job of a sniper. I don't remember the time frame either, but considering she's pregnant with Yuuji's child, I wouldn't expect 1 to 9 months training, on top of all the playing her and Yuuji did, to cut it to do the job of 9029. That's supposed to be reserved for the best. Also, I wouldn't expect an organization like Yuuji's to overlook the importance of psychological health. How Makina is in the bad end would make her an unpredictable element, on and off the job. I wouldn't expect Yuuji's company to retain anyone like that, let alone give them such a high designation.

As for the good end, yeah. It's not really that great of an ending. Yuuji would no doubt be miserable with the way things turned out.

The hospital being surveilled would defeated the point in Irisu's pov since then Makina wouldn't be able to leave, so since their client with more influence than they have doesn't want that kind of thing, they have to stay put. While I get the pregnancy and mental health issue and agree, they don't bother with that since as long as the "dog" can preform and doesn't commit any crime they don't care, if they see it fit they'll just kill her. Regarding her ability, you forget she is a prodigy, she just wasn't using her potential before, so expect her to be a very, very fast learner.

The hospital being surveilled would defeated the point in Irisu's pov since then Makina wouldn't be able to leave, so since their client with more influence than they have doesn't want that kind of thing, they have to stay put. While I get the pregnancy and mental health issue and agree, they don't bother with that since as long as the "dog" can preform and doesn't commit any crime they don't care, if they see it fit they'll just kill her. Regarding her ability, you forget she is a prodigy, she just wasn't using her potential before, so expect her to be a very, very fast learner.

I'm not quite convinced, but I can appreciate the point. Particularly on the hospital thing. A lot of the reasoning presented by Yuuji's company and the Irisu clan is pretty bare bones, so I can concede that the hospital point could very well be reasonable. The other point I'm still firmly dubious on, but I'll leave alone since I'm going to continue with Amane route right now. I am eager to at least get to her flashback tonight. With the exception of Makina, the game has met my expectations and has been a joy. If Amane is a good as I am hoping it will be and Michiru is at least solid, I expect this game to fall within my top 3 VNs of all time.

I'm not quite convinced, but I can appreciate the point. Particularly on the hospital thing. A lot of the reasoning presented by Yuuji's company and the Irisu clan is pretty bare bones, so I can concede that the hospital point could very well be reasonable. The other point I'm still firmly dubious on, but I'll leave alone since I'm going to continue with Amane route right now. I am eager to at least get to her flashback tonight. With the exception of Makina, the game has met my expectations and has been a joy. If Amane is a good as I am hoping it will be and Michiru is at least solid, I expect this game to fall within my top 3 VNs of all time.

I'm already at the flashback, been for quite some time now, if I enjoy this route as much as it's been hyped it will be in my favorite VN spot shared with F/SN. So happy reading.

I'm already at the flashback, been for quite some time now, if I enjoy this route as much as it's been hyped it will be in my favorite VN spot shared with F/SN. So happy reading.

I will admit, the flashback does drag on for a while, but still, that wasn't enough to make me even consider thinking of another route as the best route.

I will admit, the flashback does drag on for a while, but still, that wasn't enough to make me even consider thinking of another route as the best route.

You know, I've just remembered that me and my terrible taste decided to skip the last few days of Angelic Howl. I should really read it, sometime.

I'm on the 4th day I think, for some reason I predict it to go until a 8th or 9th day, just guessing here. But I haven't been sleeping much lately, so since its 1:40 AM I'm gonna call it a day and continue tomorrow, good night people.

I'm on the 4th day I think, for some reason I predict it to go until a 8th or 9th day, just guessing here. But I haven't been sleeping much lately, so since its 1:40 am I'm gonna call it a day and continue tomorrow, good night people.

I think I remember it going 14 days or something around that. Her flashback was a bit to long for my tastes, got bored towards the middle but then the end picked up.

I think I remember it going 14 days or something around that. Her flashback was a bit to long for my tastes, got bored towards the middle but then the end picked up.

Having just hit the flashback, Yuuji says beforehand that

the search was called off after 14 days.

So I'd assume it's at least that long, if not a little more.

How can you say its your favourite if you haven't even completed it yet? Skipping =/= Completing

That is precisely the point of the comment I made on that matter:

Funnily enough, I go around saying Grisaia no Kajitsu is my favourite visual novel even having skipped loads of it. (Bad ends and half of Angelic Howl)

That's because you miss out on important parts of the story!  Seriously, if you only do one bad end, do Amane's.  It has plot that's relevant to Meikyuu.

Is Meikyuu being translated? Also I played Makina's route just because I wanted to kill her mom so badly. I ended up liking her bad end better. Also from browsing google and looking at vndb I can already guess how it is relevant.  

In G - Senjou any bad ends worth while? I did Mizuha's bad end (mostly skimmed through it) I want to play bad ends because the story is good but also like I don't want to see the girl get hurt Dx

In G - Senjou any bad ends worth while? I did Mizuha's bad end (mostly skimmed through it) I want to play bad ends because the story is good but also like I don't want to see the girl get hurt Dx

They're particularly good if you want to be a dastard toward the girls. Otherwise, I don't think they're too important.

Is Meikyuu being translated?

Technically yes, although it's currently inactive, as the translator, koestl, was asked by Mangagamer to officially translate Liarsoft's Ourai no Gahkthun.  He says that Meikyuu is going on the back burner until he's done.

Here's the most current update: April 21st, 2014 - I'm currently involved with an official translation project, so progress on Meikyuu will be stalled for some time. - koestl

Technically yes, although it's currently inactive, as the translator, koestl, was asked by Mangagamer to officially translate Liarsoft's Ourai no Gahkthun.  He says that Meikyuu is going on the back burner until he's done.

Here's the most current update: April 21st, 2014 - I'm currently involved with an official translation project, so progress on Meikyuu will be stalled for some time. - koestl

Eh not going to bother with Amane's bad end then, at least for now.

My emotions are so conflicted I want to know the story but I don't want to play through it just to see the girl/MC get hurt  :(  :(  :(  :(

My emotions are so conflicted I want to know the story but I don't want to play through it just to see the girl/MC get hurt  :(  :(  :(  :(

I really don't get why they make bad ends bad. I obviously wouldn't want to see my heroine suffer.

Please pay no heed to the lack of logic in this post.

Well, you don't have to do it now, but really, if you don't do it before Meikyuu, you're going to be a little confused.  It's also the best bad end, in my opinion, besides Makina's.  It actually makes a line Amane says in the good end even more powerful than it is otherwise.  I thought Sachi's and Michiru's bad ends were subpar, and Yumiko doesn't really have a bad end (more like an average end  lol), so if you can only stand doing one, pick Amane's.