What are you playing?

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

guys I solved it I solved it, I finally know why mmorpgs make female armor so skimpy     Sharty's face is just priceless

Picked up, or rather finally started Ace Attorney trilogy on my 3DS. Finished the first game, in the middle of Ep1 of the 2nd game, which is atm a shame because i expected Phoenix to start off veteran

Finished Sekien no Inganock, and holy fucking shitballs, why didn't I read this sooner? Seriously the atmosphere, the music, the charcters the story I think I may have found my next 10 on my vndb no e

Hoho. Just wait, you'll LOVE Houzuki.

No, really. He is the badass of the story along with Ken.

Kinda seems like a jerk, but I'll have to take your word on it.

Oh, by the way, is there a proper route order for Sharin no Kuni?  I glanced at the walkthrough, and it says that I'm supposed to do Natsumi's route first because I "won’t be able to switch [relationships] in later chapters".  Does that matter that much?  From what I got from that statement, couldn't I just reload an earlier save and skip to the choices?  Don't want to screw something up for myself, but I want to do Sachi's route first.

Really loving the humor so far.  Not surprised that people said it was similar to Grisaia at all; Yuuji and Kenichi are both arrogant, smart-mouthed jackasses, and I love them for it.  Ken breaking the fourth wall doesn't hurt, either; when I figured out he was describing Sachi to me out loud in front of her I cracked up.  The writers must have had fun making this VN.

Oh, by the way, is there a proper route order for Sharin no Kuni?  I glanced at the walkthrough, and it says that I'm supposed to do Natsumi's route first because I "won’t be able to switch [relationships] in later chapters".  Does that matter that much?  From what I got from that statement, couldn't I just reload an earlier save and skip to the choices?  Don't want to screw something up for myself, but I want to do Sachi's route first.

Really loving the humor so far.  Not surprised that people said it was similar to Grisaia at all; Yuuji and Kenichi are both arrogant, smart-mouthed jackasses, and I love them for it.  Ken breaking the fourth wall doesn't hurt, either; when I figured out he was describing Sachi to me out loud in front of her I cracked up.  The writers must have had fun making this VN.

The girl you choose in Sharin only changes which H-scenes you get during the game and the epilogue you get. If memory serves each girl has just 1 choice to get her route and it's really obvious when you see it. So just save at each of the choices and go for the girl you want, and when you're done reload one of the saves. The only exception is the harem ending, which you get with the same choice as Natsumi's route, but you need to not be nice to her in earlier choices.

It's pretty much an earlier Grisaia, both MCs are special in some way, and all the heroines have their unique and painful problem. I liked it very much.

Finished Irosekai and it was amazing I don't want to say anything but I loved the whole thing pretty much. I'll definitely be reading the FD at some point (not now) and then Astral Air... Why is Favorite's stuff so good?!?

In other news, and crazier news... I'm finally back to reading/playing Baldr Sky which I put on hold for quite a while due to fear. Overcoming fears is a necessary means to achieve greatness, right? I also picked up a few other VNs that seem interesting and started reading them... but I don't make a habit of playing multiple VNs at once so they are also on hold until my main focus shifts back to them. I'm rather whimsical. :/

Irosekai.. Hops up on my reading list now. A lot of people saying good stuff about it.

Baldr is massive, but it's really good. Took me 120 hours to complete bladr sky dive 1+2. Worth it.

I tend to read multiple vn's and play until one hooks me. Then play that single one mostly.

The girl you choose in Sharin only changes which H-scenes you get during the game and the epilogue you get. If memory serves each girl has just 1 choice to get her route and it's really obvious when you see it. So just save at each of the choices and go for the girl you want, and when you're done reload one of the saves. The only exception is the harem ending, which you get with the same choice as Natsumi's route, but you need to not be nice to her in earlier choices.

Okay, so it's basically a normal VN in that sense.  I guess the person who made the walkthrough assumed that people wouldn't save when they got to every choice.  Thanks for the explanation, Flutterz!

Okay, so it's basically a normal VN in that sense.  I guess the person who made the walkthrough assumed that people wouldn't save when they got to every choice.  Thanks for the explanation, Flutterz!

It's not really a normal VN because the main story doesn't change. If there's a girl you don't like you won't miss out on anything except H-scenes and a tiny bit of story if you don't do her route.

And it's just that the format for walkthroughs on Fuwa is such that people can easily start from the beginning and get to any route they need. :P

It's not really a normal VN because the main story doesn't change. If there's a girl you don't like you won't miss out on anything except H-scenes and a tiny bit of story if you don't do her route.

And it's just that the format for walkthroughs on Fuwa is such that people can easily start from the beginning and get to any route they need. :P

Huh.  So...it's kinda like one long common route, in that sense?  Strange.  Don't think I've heard of a VN doing that before.

I actually thought it was older than it was, so I was a little surprised when I found out it was released in 2005.  I was guessing late 90s or really early 2000 from the art style.

EDIT: Yep, I have no idea what to expect from this VN anymore.  Just got to the personal property inspection...so many panties...

Finished Sachi's arc yesterday. Is it me or does the ending feel dry compared to Yumiko, Amane and Michiru? I'm talking about the epilogue :/

I understand that everything went as smooth and buttery as it could ... but it just ended ... just like that! I expected to see Sachi in the future, like 10 years from that moment. Maybe her mom would wake up or her children would show up. I'm so ... I feel so empty! Why you no give Sachi such awesomeness?!

On Makina's route now.

Finished Sachi's arc yesterday. Is it me or does the ending feel dry compared to Yumiko, Amane and Michiru? I'm talking about the epilogue :/

I understand that everything went as smooth and buttery as it could ... but it just ended ... just like that! I expected to see Sachi in the future, like 10 years from that moment. Maybe her mom would wake up or her children would show up. I'm so ... I feel so empty! Why you no give Sachi such awesomeness?!

On Makina's route now.

Most people that are in vegetative states for years and years and years don't wake up. In fact, they're usually taken off life support if there's no response after a certain number of years, at least here in the US (it's still a decision for the person's family, but that seems to be the trend). I thought that Sachi's good end was better than Michiru's and Yumiko's

because it was realistic, unlike theirs.  I thought Michiru's route was pretty out of place in Kajitsu, which tends to exaggerate, but not push, the boundaries of reason and logic; that, and Yuuji acted pretty out of character with the whole "bury Michiru to help her" situation.  She could have possibly died from asphyxiation, since when you're freaked out you usually hyperventilate and use up limited air more rapidly.

Not all of the routes have an epilogue, and it would be a little strange if they all had timeskips to Yuuji and one heroine having a kid together, right?  That'd just be lazy writing, akin to copy+pasting endings.

Trying to survive through Muv Luv Extra. This game is my own personal nightmare. Moe-fied characters, cheesy high school harem comedy, boring writing. Ugh... I can't wait for Unlimited and Alternative. And the worst part is that I'm going to "replay" it on the PS3.

Ohhhohohoh? I'm guessing you already read through all three novels from the sounds of it.

Most people that are in vegetative states for years and years and years don't wake up. In fact, they're usually taken off life support if there's no response after a certain number of years, at least here in the US (it's still a decision for the person's family, but that seems to be the trend). I thought that Sachi's good end was better than Michiru's and Yumiko's

because it was realistic, unlike theirs.  I thought Michiru's route was pretty out of place in Kajitsu, which tends to exaggerate, but not push, the boundaries of reason and logic; that, and Yuuji acted pretty out of character with the whole "bury Michiru to help her" situation.  She could have possibly died from asphyxiation, since when you're freaked out you usually hyperventilate and use up limited air more rapidly.

Not all of the routes have an epilogue, and it would be a little strange if they all had timeskips to Yuuji and one heroine having a kid together, right?  That'd just be lazy writing, akin to copy+pasting endings.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I still wanted an epilogue to conclude a nice unique ending like the other three I mentioned. Sachi's ending still felt dry on my lips. :/

Nope, still stuck on the first one. I don't know, it's just not clicking with me (Or the translators lol). I have to read it since what I've seen from Alternative looks amazing.

Ohh nice! A live fish!

So just read through Sumika and Meiya, then hit Unlimited with Meiya's ending (recommended) then take a nice seat back while reading Alternative ... oh it's going to butcher the shit out of your emotions, haha.

But I agree ... I love romcom stuff but EXTRA is straight-forward, can get annoying, and can get boring. Regardless, what you're reading there will fundamentally be essential information in some of Unlimited and a lot more in Alternative.

Enjoy.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. I still wanted an epilogue to conclude a nice unique ending like the other three I mentioned. Sachi's ending still felt dry on my lips. :/

What did you think of Sachi's bad end?  I disliked it; I thought it was too sudden, too forced and just a little "WTF?!", at least compared to Amane's and Makina's bad ends.  Then again, every bad end in Kajitsu kinda sucks compared to Amane's  :/

Ohh nice! A live fish!

So just read through Sumika and Meiya, then hit Unlimited with Meiya's ending (recommended) then take a nice seat back while reading Alternative ... oh it's going to butcher the shit out of your emotions, haha.

But I agree ... I love romcom stuff but EXTRA is straight-forward, can get annoying, and can get boring. Regardless, what you're reading there will fundamentally be essential information in some of Unlimited and a lot more in Alternative.

Enjoy.

I'm going through Sumika's route. That said I'm still bored, to the point where I close my eyes and hope the CHOMP scene from Alternative pops up when I open them for the sake of entertainment(That's one of the things that got me interested on Alternative, a game that heartless needs to be admired).

Anyways, I do like romantic and comedic VN's, animes, shows or movies but good lord something about Muv Luv is pissing me off and I can't figure out what it is.

I'm going through Sumika's route. That said I'm still bored, to the point where I close my eyes and hope the CHOMP scene from Alternative pops up when I open them for the sake of entertainment(That's one of the things that got me interested on Alternative, a game that heartless needs to be admired).

Anyways, I do like romantic and comedic VN's, animes, shows or movies but good lord something about Muv Luv is pissing me off and I can't figure out what it is.

Hey, what the fuck. That's my line! LOL! I know some parts about EXTRA that piss me off, but there are other things I never figured out what pisses me off about it ... maybe the lack of 'twists'?

What did you think of Sachi's bad end?  I disliked it; I thought it was too sudden, too forced and just a little "WTF?!", at least compared to Amane's and Makina's bad ends.  Then again, every bad end in Kajitsu kinda sucks compared to Amane's  :/

I'm saving the bad ends for later ... I dislike the bad ends. I did Amane's (can't remember what it is, don't want to). Haven't done Yumiko but I read about it by accident. Don't know what Sachi's is or Michiru or Makina. So DO NOT SPOIL THIS SHIT FOR ME! :P

On that note, I wanna hug Makina .. :(

I'm saving the bad ends for later ... I dislike the bad ends. I did Amane's (can't remember what it is, don't want to). Haven't done Yumiko but I read about it by accident. Don't know what Sachi's is or Michiru or Makina. So DO NOT SPOIL THIS SHIT FOR ME! :P

On that note, I wanna hug Makina .. :(

Ahhh.  I did the bad ends before the good ends so that I'd end their routes on a happy note ^_^  Don't worry, I won't spoil a thing.  Amane's is commonly thought of as the best because it reveals a major aspect of the future plot, which I shall not name, and makes a certain line in her good end all the more meaningful.  Believe me, Sachi's is pretty bad compared to the others'.

EDIT: By the way, would someone mind telling me what the strange dark shading on characters' faces in Sharin no Kuni is supposed to be?  It's obviously not a blush, but I don't know what else it could be.

Both are really good. Steins;Gate doesn't get that good until ... I think 15 or 10 hours of playtime or something like that. Grisaia is filled with heavy comedy (adult oriented) and then the seriousness pours in slowly, then you get to choose which girl you want to go for (all five heroines are mains, there are no secondaries). I'm finishing up Grisaia. I'm on Chapter 9 on Steins;Gate. Had to drop it because of school few months ago. Will finish it before October anime premiers hopefully.

Irosekai.. Hops up on my reading list now. A lot of people saying good stuff about it.

Baldr is massive, but it's really good. Took me 120 hours to complete bladr sky dive 1+2. Worth it.

I tend to read multiple vn's and play until one hooks me. Then play that single one mostly.

It's really amazing if you liked the formulas of light-heartedness and supernatural that Hoshimemo had, as it manages to do even better at that in Irosekai (I bet its fan-disc is also equally relevant to progressing the story, which is what I liked about Favorite with what other FDs usually contain in terms of content).

I'm probably not even close to finished with Baldr Sky, given its length... yet, it's so glorious I don't even want it to end. I hope this VN never ever ends I'd definitely go through symptons of withdrawal if I had to stop at any moment. :'( It's an epic in both story and gameplay, so that's to be expected. xD And of course, a story has to end to fully form what is a proper story... this logic applies itself to Baldr Sky as well, even if I do lament over my finishing of it. lol

That's exactly the same as me, with reading multiple VNs at once until one is decided. I'm still in the middle of reading a few others but during that time I just decided "Baldr Sky" and stuck with it. This is most likely due to my wavering interests.