What are you playing?

I just ...... I ..... I ... :( ... I can vent off .. just a little, right?

So I was on the Beach arc in Muv-Luv Altered Fable ... and then

I was exploring, I hit the Bridge around 10:30 or 10:45 I think and there were some untranslated parts ... and then I saw Meiya and Yuuhi in their superb hot swimsuits, so yeah there was untranslated parts which is fine because I understood practically a lot of things they were saying with Miki in the background ... AND THEN IT FREAKING CRASHED. THERE WAS THAT CRASH THAT RUINED THE MOMENT. And I forgot to save... and I'm like .. sad, pissed ... arrghh!!!!

-sulks in a corner-

Gotta say, besides the h-scenes, I'm liking Makina's route better than Yumiko's.  It just feels less...silly.  It was hard to feel like there were real consequences for Yumiko disobeying her father, aside from getting cut off from his money.  Makina's route feels more realistic.

Gotta say, though,

the whole "Yuuji's seal" bit sounded a little weird, but I got what they were saying. It just reminded me of Naruto.

What routes do you two plan on starting first?  Amane's is the best, IMO, so I'd recommend either doing it first or saving it for last, based on your preferences.

hmm I had already played the common route before, now I'm just replaying the common route to give my memory a jolt, in terms of character the one I liked the most in the common was Makina, but for some reason as my first route I'll be aiming at Sachi, she just gives that craving to know the reason for her actions and obedience, then I'll probably do Amane. In overall my mental path is this Sachi > Amane > Makina > Michiru > Yumiko.

hmm I had already played the common route before, now I'm just replaying the common route to give my memory a jolt, in terms of character the one I liked the most in the common was Makina, but for some reason as my first route I'll be aiming at Sachi, she just gives that craving to know the reason for her actions and obedience, then I'll probably do Amane. In overall my mental path is this Sachi > Amane > Makina > Michiru > Yumiko.

In general, Michiru and Yumiko are considered to be the worst ones when it comes to the plot quality (You can still enjoy both, but you'll understand why they're considered the worst ones), however, I'd suggest doing Yumiko before Makina because they're pretty similar, the difference being that the former is a kind of smaller version overall. 

In general, Michiru and Yumiko are considered to be the worst ones when it comes to the plot quality (You can still enjoy both, but you'll understand why they're considered the worst ones), however, I'd suggest doing Yumiko before Makina because they're pretty similar, the difference being that the former is a kind of smaller version overall. 

Well I just wanted to do Makina first rather than Yumiko because I liked Makina's character more so I didn't want to delay that route too much, since I'm set on doing Sachi's and Amane's routes first.

Well I just wanted to do Makina first rather than Yumiko because I liked Makina's character more so I didn't want to delay that route too much, since I'm set on doing Sachi's and Amane's routes first.

That's fine as well, either way you'd have the feeling that you already read that.

That's fine as well, either way you'd have the feeling that you already read that.

Thanks for the warning anyway, but I do have this habit of going on my own order even when walkthroughs put a recommended order of play. I just like to play what route I feel like a the time, heck even I might change my order and do Michiru for example after Sachi, I'm just like that.

Thanks for the warning anyway, but I do have this habit of going on my own order even when walkthroughs put a recommended order of play. I just like to play what route I feel like a the time, heck even I might change my order and do Michiru for example after Sachi, I'm just like that.

well good luck with sachi then she has the longest route in the whole game

Well, I don't mind long routes as long as it isn't just dragged out enough that it retracts from the experience. So I'm going to get me a maid in Grisaia.

I don't know who said Yumiko and Michiru is the "worst plot" - those mere words are the opinions of the other readers. I prefer Amane over those two girls because of personality and physical appearance. Though roughly speaking, Amane's past is a total wreck ... fucking nightmarish compared to Yumiko and Michiru. Michiru's plot is very complex yet it was great. The way Yumiko acted was unbelievable when shit hit the fan in Michiru's arc. Seriously, that was SO out of no where considering how hostile Yumiko is towards Michiru - In fact, she shows her hostility to Michiru more than anyone. As for Yumiko's part, her past was bluntly speaking - it was bad and speaking from a psychological point of view, of course the person would turn non-social person and could become hostile if others approach them so Yumiko's behavior was excellent. Her story afterwards was damn cool. So damn cool (except for the strolling outside, that was cool, but I didn't like the fights) and the ending was really cool. In fact, her father ... let me see how should I phrase this; he went through a lot to be where he was at towards the end? When you become very narrow minded then people could become like that.

The stories were well written. I can't say which one is my favorite at all. The three arcs so far were all worth it. Anyways, these are my opinions after observing all three arcs. I enjoyed them all. I think the others should decide for themselves after they read the stories. I like to take things from an overview head to see why things are happening and for what reason. Ruling out character behavior that links between others and their past(s) can be just as true as being prejudice - at least that's what I know.

--

So now that I'm really deep in Meiya's arc, like ... what the fuck just happened. Things were going well ... this isn't a romcom VN after all..

I also enjoyed all of them and their stories were great in their own ways, but they had some stuff during the routes that had some negative impact from a critical point of view, that's why people usually consider those two the worst ones.

Barely started Comyu and

Two of the random classmates who appeared are whores? What?

I could've sworn that Makina had the longest route, in terms of text.  I don't have any actual evidence, though, so you could be right.

Sachi's route is a really happy one, if you take the good ending, anyway.  Lots of feels and smiles when the credits roll.  It's my personal favorite, even though I concede that Amane's is better in terms of quality.  Just a heads up, though, Sachi's bad end is pretty meh.  Not bad, but definitely not good, not like Amane's bad end was.  Man, that was the best bad end I've seen in a VN so far.

I could've sworn that Makina had the longest route, in terms of text.  I don't have any actual evidence, though, so you could be right.

Sachi's route is a really happy one, if you take the good ending, anyway.  Lots of feels and smiles when the credits roll.  It's my personal favorite, even though I concede that Amane's is better in terms of quality.  Just a heads up, though, Sachi's bad end is pretty meh.  Not bad, but definitely not good, not like Amane's bad end was.  Man, that was the best bad end I've seen in a VN so far.

I'm looking forward to it, but if I'm not mistaken I'm only near the 2nd choice now, so there's still some time before I can get into any particular route.

I'm looking forward to it, but if I'm not mistaken I'm only near the 2nd choice now, so there's still some time before I can get into any particular route.

Yep, there are several choices in the common route.  The choice that locks you into Makina's route comes first, after the common route choices, then Amane's, then Sachi's, then Michiru's, and Yumiko's is automatically locked if you simply get to that point.  It's pretty obvious what Makina's choice is; you'll know it when you see it.

Yep, there are several choices in the common route.  The choice that locks you into Makina's route comes first, after the common route choices, then Amane's, then Sachi's, then Michiru's, and Yumiko's is automatically locked if you simply get to that point.  It's pretty obvious what Makina's choice is; you'll know it when you see it.

I know what choice it is, I had already played the games common route before the full length, but for some reason at the time I wasn't motivated enough to do any route, so I now am replaying it because I don't have much memory of it. I'm very forgetful.

I know what choice it is, I had already played the games common route before the full length, but for some reason at the time I wasn't motivated enough to do any route, so I now am replaying it because I don't have much memory of it. I'm very forgetful.

Well, it is pretty long, so I'm not surprised you don't remember much of it.  Nothing really big happens, either, aside from the beach trip and seeing Amane naked several times.

Well, it is pretty long, so I'm not surprised you don't remember much of it.  Nothing really big happens, either, aside from the beach trip and seeing Amane naked several times.

Fair enough. I'm just reaching the beach part, got through the 2nd choice just now. Not too long until Sachi's route, I hope.

Fair enough. I'm just reaching the beach part, got through the 2nd choice just now. Not too long until Sachi's route, I hope.

Hmmm...not too long.  It's been a while since I got through the common route and started hitting the choices, but I'd estimate about an hour or so of uninterrupted reading before you hit the beginning of Sachi's route, unadjusted for your reading speed and level of concentration, since I have no way of knowing it.

Hmmm...not too long.  It's been a while since I got through the common route and started hitting the choices, but I'd estimate about an hour or so of uninterrupted reading before you hit the beginning of Sachi's route, unadjusted for your reading speed and level of concentration, since I have no way of knowing it.

Ok, I'm going to stop spamming posting now and going to concentrate on the damn game, probably going to do a 4-5 hour session now.

Still playing AF? The only dissappointment I had with it is the ending. Like all that build up for nothing.

Oh and they screwed up Storm Vanguard for me. Now whenever I listen to that soundtrack I think of volleyball and snowboarding WTF.

It's Altered Fable so yeah. Pure fan service and comedy. As long as I get the ending I'm hoping for!