What are you playing?

Quick random question: Are the TSF's in Muv-Luv make more sense than the Gundam stuff? It just feels like it does. Not overpowered and fits perfectly with some of the physics unlike Gundam's ... robots. Anyways, what do you guys think? Considering that TSF's where heavily explained in the Muv-Luv series.

Quick random question: Are the TSF's in Muv-Luv make more sense than the Gundam stuff? It just feels like it does. Not overpowered and fits perfectly with some of the physics unlike Gundam's ... robots. Anyways, what do you guys think? Considering that TSF's where heavily explained in the Muv-Luv series.

Depends on which Gundam we're talking about.

Assuming Universal Century, then the robots have considerable technical background explained too. The big difference in that comparison is that in Gundam the robots are supposed to be used primarily in space, although they're also used quite a lot on the ground where it's less optimal. In Muv-Luv the TSF are ground fighters.

That's actually an advantage for Gundam, because neither of the two really explain why the robots are made anthropomorphous, but in space that's mostly a peculiar choice of design, even though it's probably not a very intelligent choice, whereas on Earth it's very restricting and downright unrealistic.

Both explain for what reasons such weapons came to be designed, however I'm not sure how much does Gundam explain WHY they work, while we get lots of technical details on the construction in the infodumps of Muv-luv. But there's probably documentation outside the main Gundam works on how they're done.

UC Gundam did its job of making a credible universe quite thoroughly, I don't think it loses when compared with Muv-Luv. If anything it could work better. Of course some AU Gundam occasionally jump the shark on the robots abilities.

Ey ey ey Vokoca, I read that apparently there is an afterstory for Kaito in Reminiscense.

I read that Reminiscense is based off from a different Reika's bad end when she dies. And Kaito he has some weird disease and he can't remember anything.

So I can assume this is the only thing that it can be said that is WORTH to play Reminiscense right? I'm willing to play Reminiscense just and only because of this.

But god damn it that is depressing as f***** Why did they decide to do that? I'm so angry right now so I'm going to punch my dog in the face. AGHH my day is ruined.

Hopes of cameos were the only reason why I played Reminiscence in the first place. Kaito doesn't even come in till the second half of the common route or so, if not even farther - and while at first I was nearly jumping around and screaming like a fangirl from the joy of finally hearing his badass voice, the excitement soon faded when he gets reduced to a simple side character. That, and his memories are gone, so he's not really even Kaito anymore, though there at least are a few moments in the VN where he gets to be badass.

But is Reminiscence worth reading for that? Hell no. If anything, it will only disappoint you even further. It just made me wish Hidetaka wasn't the MC and it made the whole VN even more of a drag than it already was before. There's not enough in there for it to be considered a worthy sequel, spare yourself the frustration and skip this one - or at least read it expecting nothing but a boring charage with some decent story parts hidden in there.

Hopes of cameos were the only reason why I played Reminiscence in the first place. Kaito doesn't even come in till the second half of the common route or so, if not even farther - and while at first I was nearly jumping around and screaming like a fangirl from the joy of finally hearing his badass voice, the excitement soon faded when he gets reduced to a simple side character. That, and his memories are gone, so he's not really even Kaito anymore, though there at least are a few moments in the VN where he gets to be badass.

But is Reminiscence worth reading for that? Hell no. If anything, it will only disappoint you even further. It just made me wish Hidetaka wasn't the MC and it made the whole VN even more of a drag than it already was before. There's not enough in there for it to be considered a worthy sequel, spare yourself the frustration and skip this one - or at least read it expecting nothing but a boring charage with some decent story parts hidden in there.

DAMN IT

I don't even care anymore.I will follow your advice and finish the second game asumming

Kaito and his friends lived happily ever after

and then i'm done. 

Nice way to ruin someone's expectations. ;_;

Depends on which Gundam we're talking about.

Assuming Universal Century, then the robots have considerable technical background explained too. The big difference in that comparison is that in Gundam the robots are supposed to be used primarily in space, although they're also used quite a lot on the ground where it's less optimal. In Muv-Luv the TSF are ground fighters.

That's actually an advantage for Gundam, because neither of the two really explain why the robots are made anthropomorphous, but in space that's mostly a peculiar choice of design, even though it's probably not a very intelligent choice, whereas on Earth it's very restricting and downright unrealistic.

Both explain for what reasons such weapons came to be designed, however I'm not sure how much does Gundam explain WHY they work, while we get lots of technical details on the construction in the infodumps of Muv-luv. But there's probably documentation outside the main Gundam works on how they're done.

UC Gundam did its job of making a credible universe quite thoroughly, I don't think it loses when compared with Muv-Luv. If anything it could work better. Of course some AU Gundam occasionally jump the shark on the robots abilities.

This post was informative. I'll take this quote and post it in the unrelated VN thread that I just saw.

--

So the one thing that never gets to ever be explained is the controls in a robot. Rarely, ever, someone has perfectly made them make sense (besides some cool button pressing in the beginning of Evangelion 3.0). Though going back to my main question between TSF vs. Gundams - TSF had suits that actually made sense. There was logic behind it and there was a bit of physics. The same goes for TSF. During MLA, Takeru speaks a lot about how with each step, jump or whatever else you do then you'd wear the gear down slowly. Fundamentally speaking, Sagiri and Tsukoyomi with the three idiots were the best at making such steps and jumps without wearing down the joints - like the feet or when they slice their opponents with their close-melee weapons (knives, swords). These five had hard experience nonetheless whereas Takeru had more experience only in years, but not in actual combat. The UI in TSF's are not the best but they look about right. I did like how the UI changes from TSF to TSF and how things unfold in-between. Not to mention how heavily it was described between the G-bombs, G6, and G11 which was extractions from BETA. There is also the OS issue, though the only details that were ever explained is how Takeru was trying to input actions preciously between the frames (5 fps as he stated) so the machine would pick up the response faster. Then how he wanted to add combos and cancels into the new OS. So far those had some logic and physics (on the surface) since, to me, it relates a lot to my career in WoW as a Warrior. With cool downs and inputting actions to allow the system to pick it up and do a lot of other things. There's just a little relation to that.

The new Muv-Luv game that's going to come out in 2015 will set the story back in 1983 where Alternative III began it's wide-scale invasions on the BETA. Now since the game will be about 18 years ago before the settings of Muv-Luv Unlimited/Alternative, the TSFs there are much older with an older OS, different UI (hopefully) so this will be rather interesting. Since it's Age, they're going to dig deep into those old models and give more sense on how they actually move, what's good, bad, and what needs to be improved. Something similar to the TSFs in Unlimited/Alternative. At least that's one of the points I'm looking forward to.

As far as Gundam, I dropped the whole Gundam series after Gundam 00. I really enjoyed Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny, but I just couldn't comprehend the lack of physics and senseless movements. I really dislike "miracles" that occur out of no where or when the main character(s) are so bad ass they become untouchable. So Gundam Seed Destiny lacked a lot though the story was pretty cool. I watched Turn A Gundam (I saw it around 2008 or 2009, and I don't like old anime at all. I just watched to see the twin blonde chicks) and just the story was good and the characters. I dropped Gundam 00 after the fifth episode since it was soooooo dragged the shit out of things. The "cool" main characters and all that stuff, miracles, hidden abilities and all that just doesn't fit inside my mind. In general, there was barely any explanation - in details - of where it makes actual sense. I'm just wondering if there is some episode(s) that actually explain how Gundams work with deep details and not just some random crap or "well it just works".

I'm so not a robot fan. But I'm a fan of physics and logic.

This post was informative. I'll take this quote and post it in the unrelated VN thread that I just saw.

I've put us back in here. Not exactly the best place for that but Gundam and Muv-Luv don't have much to do with untranslated VNs.

You should watch most Gundam series for the robots and the series, and not primarily for the technical background (which in your case probably means not watching Gundam series). In the end, Gundam TV series are aimed at kids/teenagers and/or a mainstream audience. They can't expand too much on details, can't drown the spectator with infodumps and can't do hard sci-fi basically.

The Gundam story where you would get the most of that would probably be the Gundam 0079 books, which are the version of the first Gundam that is the closest to what its creator, Tomino, wanted to do: a credible giant robot fiction. One where you invent a new physical law to justify using giant robots, where you make the design of the space colony based on old NASA design and where the MC actually had military training.

Apart from that there aren't lots of focus on mechanics, or UI, or how does the piloting works in the TV series. (UC would probably be less bonkers than some of the more recent AU though)

Muv-Luv targets a more hardcore, niche audience and is made by obvious giant robots otaku (in the truest sense of otaku), who went to great length to put absolutely everything. The amount of information is kinda crazy. Very few giant robot fictions do that. There are anime that go really far into strategy and politics considering they're for kids/mainstream audience (Dougram for example), but the same thing for mechanics/piloting details? Even less common.

I'm not an expert though, there could be OAVs like that, that wouldn't be very surprising since in this case the target IS hardcore otaku.

I do like the thoroughness of Muv-Luv in its universe building as you do, though, and it's probably going further than most giant robot stuff.

I finished Little Busters, and SO DAMN GOOD to read...  Almost finishing with CGs, but I missed 1 more CG.

5f210a771cb3d3fda3a3247ec92fe5dd.png

I did finishing twice at each character routes after Refrain... Did I missed something at Kud's routes?

Glad you liked it. :) Theres a mini extra route and many easter eggs after finishing the game. The last cg is done following these steps if you're interested.

5/15 Don't lend it out

Let her be

5/16 Don't get involved too much

5/17 Don't go to the rooftop

5/18 Go to the cafeteria

5/21 Play with Masato

5/22 Go to the backyard

5/23 Get something to drink

Glad you liked it. :) Theres a mini extra route and many easter eggs after finishing the game. The last cg is done following these steps if you're interested.

5/15 Don't lend it out

Let her be

5/16 Don't get involved too much

5/17 Don't go to the rooftop

5/18 Go to the cafeteria

5/21 Play with Masato

5/22 Go to the backyard

5/23 Get something to drink

DONE! Thank you very much!!! 1% more to go... *stare at last pantsu*  <_<

Its grittier and more realistic than space flying gundams. But definitely make little sense. Mechas wouldnt work in real life because of their unbalanced physique. 2 legs are inferior to 4 and 6. Plus if they have the technology for computerized mechas why do they still put humans im them? Its much more man power effecient to control mechas from a safe distance not unlike military drones and video games.

I finished Makina's route as my first route in Grisaia. Not bad, but I wasn't very impressed either. Stuff happens, it's entertaining, but in the end... Makina's character never got really interesting, it feels like when you enter her route she just take the whole kid act to a new level and she never seem to get impressive character development. Meh.

Now I'm on Amane's route, which is going pretty fast since I'm skipping the H-scenes and there's like a billion of them.

I finished Makina's route as my first route in Grisaia. Not bad, but I wasn't very impressed either. Stuff happens, it's entertaining, but in the end... Makina's character never got really interesting, it feels like when you enter her route she just take the whole kid act to a new level and she never seem to get impressive character development. Meh.

Now I'm on Amane's route, which is going pretty fast since I'm skipping the H-scenes and there's like a billion of them.

Amane ... I wanna dip my fingers into her flesh. But yeah, she's pretty long.

I'm still on Sachi and Makina (half way through Sachi). I finished the other three and each one was great. Amane's broke my heart at the end .. kinda made me realize how fast life goes by.

Ok, I'm stalling Rewrite, fucking lolis everywhere, jesus christ. I mean, I know they're not all lolis but they all look like lolis. Nothing against them, I'm just not in the mood (Steve would be ashamed of me).

I'm going to start reading Comyu now, there's a lot of hype on this one, hope it's worth it.

Ok, I'm stalling Rewrite, fucking lolis everywhere, jesus christ. I mean, I know they're not all lolis but they all look like lolis. Nothing against them, I'm just not in the mood (Steve would be ashamed of me).

I'm going to start reading Comyu now, there's a lot of hype on this one, hope it's worth it.

<3 More lolis for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etVc7xfUfo8