What are you playing?

I finished Rewrite and Cross†Channel.

I have to say that they both were very good, but I somehow expected more from Cross†Channel - I expected it to mess with my head in a weirdly satisfying way.

It's probably due to the fact that I had trouble starting it for more than 2 years and I have been wanting to play it for so long that I practically started to worship it.

17 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Also, like dude at 23 you shouldn't freak the fuck out just because you saw a woman naked

I'm 23 and I have never seen a naked woman. 

And before anybody says anything I have to clarify : I'm a fairly normal guy and people even describe me with words like handsome and stylish. I have a very cool car and a fairly good job.

Many people like my character too, and say that I'm a very good person and some colleagues are amazed at how smart I am.

I think that my problem is that I just majorly suck at talking to (hitting on) women and the fact that my confidence is around 0.7/10 doesn't help me much.

P.S. : I'm sorry that I have gone off topic.

Edited by Mago Ivo

3 minutes ago, Mago Ivo said:

I'm 23 and I have never seen a naked woman. 

I think the issue is that the character reacts in an overly dramatic way. (Note that I haven't read that VN myself, so I don't know the details.)

Edited by Seraphim88

On 8/26/2019 at 5:30 AM, tracekira said:

Sorry but i think 80% of it is overrated slice of life crap: play with cats , collect caterpillars, catch a cat , help serve food , participate in a song contest , help prepare lunch, play baseball , play kick the can, go on a date , repair a bench , move a table , clean the table , ... i can go on for hours and hours .... That material is for 12-14 years old , except a few rare wtf moments , which could be easily adapted .... then its a beautiful novel for kids ... i don't contest that .... but for adults ... now way , you have to be low IQ to enjoy this drivel :(

What I can say is that I can understand if you didn't find Little Busters is not compelling for you, because after all each people did have different tolerance in regard of continuous slice of life and apparently your tolerance is quite low. However it's not very nice to say that Little Busters 'is for 12-14 years old' and then say that 'you have to be low IQ enjoy it', because it mean that you indirectly look down on the children (I hope you just trolling by said that). Other than that, your word here is really looking down to the team production which while it might be intended seeing that you dislike it, it still came off as rude. You also need to know that the team is composed of adult, and seeing that KEY is formerly adult VN company, their mindset for Little Busters should be to be enjoyable for adult.

For the topic, I try a bit of Ginharu and what I can say is that the common route here is more or less like HatsuKoi in that you just start the new school term. Also while the VN motive itself is winter, turned out that the time setting is at April although the place setting is at the coldest town in Japan so at least it's still count as the winter VN (For a note I did a bit of research and find out that Hokkaido in April usually still have snow even though it's supposed to be spring).

Edited by littleshogun

I really need to learn not to carelessly visit VNDb pages of VNs I haven’t finished yet. I started reading Majikoi yesterday, went to VNDb to check out the voice actors and then accidentally saw a

Spoiler

”unavoidable heroine rape”

tag that was out in the open. I don’t know which heroine it concerns, but I would rather not have known about it beforehand.

4 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

I really need to learn not to carelessly visit VNDb pages of VNs I haven’t finished yet. I started reading Majikoi yesterday, went to VNDb to check out the voice actors and then accidentally saw a

Reveal hidden contents

”unavoidable heroine rape”

tag that was out in the open. I don’t know which heroine it concerns, but I would rather not have known about it beforehand.

It's a really difficult topic. I believe I know what it's referring to, and it's a really iffy scene, that kinda steps into that while also doesn't.

Spoiler

If you're expecting some actual, tragic rape that darkens a route, you won't see it anywhere in any Majikoi game. However, tags are inherently limited, so this one applies to the scene simply because the person in charge of writing ran out of ideas (I hope) and went for something rather forceful with one of the heroines. So, silver lining: at least it's not some dark shit.

16 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

For obvious reasons, I won't be checking your spoiler box, but judging by the rest of what you wrote, it sounds like this isn't a clear-cut case. Maybe it's not as much of a spoiler as the tag made it seem?

Oh, my spoiler isn't too spoilery. Like, I don't mention which heroine or what happens exactly. It's just a slight clarification about the meaning behind the tag.

It is, indeed, not a clear-cut case. There was quite the discussion some time ago in this forum regarding the issue, actually.

2 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Ah, that clears it up a bit. I did think it seemed kinda odd for something like that to happen in a VN like Majikoi, but then again, there are certain VNs that take some quite sudden turns so I figured it wouldn't be totally out of the question.

Yeah, that's a scene that really left a bad taste in my mouth and colored my view of Majikoi ever since then

It's an awful scene that really doesn't belong in a comedy vn

Edited by Ranzo

Finished replaying Fal's route in Symphonic Rain and I was reminded why I loved her and her route so much

Spoiler

I also remembered the pain I felt when I first played her route. It's so interesting to see how everything led up to what transpired. Fal was such a complex character and I haven't seen her like in a vn since then.

Now it's time for the route of a lonely girl sitting in the far corner of a silent room.

Edited by Ranzo

11 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Finished replaying Fal's route in Symphonic Rain and I was reminded why I loved her and her route so much

Reveal hidden contents

I also remembered the pain I felt when I first played her route. It's so interesting to see how everything led up to what transpired. Fal was such a complex character and I haven't seen her like in a vn since then.

Now it's time for the route of a lonely girl sitting in the far corner of a silent room.

Fal's route ...... left me utterly dumbfounded at that scene, to the point where I couldn't even form coherent thoughts.

Symphonic Rain certainly had some very interesting moments.

9 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

Fal's route ...... left me utterly dumbfounded at that scene, to the point where I couldn't even form coherent thoughts.

Symphonic Rain certainly had some very interesting moments.

Spoiler

I know right? That's why I love it so much I was completely taken by her and even in the end I couldn't help but still really like her despite what she did. The cool thing about replaying it is seeing when Fal decided that she would really hurt Chris. It all started with her figuring out that it was Chris's feelings that made him play so beautifully and that he didn't sound the same when he was feeling happy. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/325102095084683265/617470016476020881/20190831162320_1.jpg

This is the trigger that caused Fal to hurt him so she could awaken his full potential.

To anyone who knows: What is "Coda" in White Album 2? I've been unable to find an answer to that question myself. I want to read the VN, but the Coda translation is supposed to be finished "Soon" according to TodokanaiTL's website. Since I have no idea what Coda actually is, I dunno if I should put off reading until it's done or just go ahead and read the VN as is.

11 minutes ago, Seraphim88 said:

To anyone who knows: What is "Coda" in White Album 2? I've been unable to find an answer to that question myself. I want to read the VN, but the Coda translation is supposed to be finished "Soon" according to TodokanaiTL's website. Since I have no idea what Coda actually is, I dunno if I should put off reading until it's done or just go ahead and read the VN as is.

Second half of Closing Chapter's total package, happens after Setsuna's ending on the regular portion of Closing Chapter.

Regarding Fal.

Spoiler

I actually started suspecting quite early on that she was two-faced (since she seemed too perfect all the time), so it didn't really come as much of a shock to me. That doesn't change the fact that it's still upsetting, though.
Fal's character and route are definitely interesting and memorable, but her actions are despicable and makes it impossible for me to like her.
This is one of the few cases where the bad ending feels less bad than the good one, simply because I didn't want Chris to spend any more time with her. I really hate how he surrendered to his primal urges and slept with her no matter which ending you went for. I wish he had just walked out the door as soon as he learned the truth and then never spoke to her again.

Spoiler

Yeah, I thought that Fal had a bit of an impish personality in the beginning and was somewhat different than her perfect persona. I just had no idea that her real personality was that twisted. What made me still like her is that I think that in her own warped way she did love Chris and she genuinely wanted to bare her soul to him. Really, if you think about it the one she really hurt the most in that exchange was Asino she just completely used him.

I also just finished Lise's route and again I'm pissed off at that final part

Spoiler

Why the fuck did you let her go alone with that Skeletor looking motherfucker when you knew he was untrustworthy, knew what he had done to Lise, and knew what he was capable of doing to her. You dumb bastard.

14 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

To call that a translation is like calling a car without brakes, a steering wheel, and an engine a functioning vehicle.

8 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

To call that a translation is like calling a car without brakes, a steering wheel, and an engine a functioning vehicle.

I was going to ask you to elaborate, but I found out that Coda has been stuck at ~9% translated since almost a year ago and won't be finished anytime soon, if ever. In other words, I'm putting off reading White Album 2 until my Japanese is at an appropriate level.

4 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

I was going to ask you to elaborate, but I found out that Coda has been stuck at ~9% translated since almost a year ago and won't be finished anytime soon, if ever. In other words, I'm putting off reading White Album 2 until my Japanese is at an appropriate level.

In my case, I enjoyed the closing chapter a lot (in fact it is my favorite VN) so I'll recommend you to read it even without CODA.

You still have other heroines worth reading

Edited by TheMode

1 hour ago, TheMode said:

I'll recommend you to read it even without CODA

Isn't Coda an important part of the story? onorub's post earlier on this page made it seem so. I don't want to start reading something now and then have to wait for my Japanese to improve until I can experience the conclusion of the story.