What are you playing?

3 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

The endings in CLANNAD hit like a truck. And some of it's music is amazing.

Just finished Kotomi's route. Just ..... wow...

"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you."

What endings have you gotten so far?

Started up Sweetest Monster and I am really impressed at the quality of writing so far it's not what I expected

32 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Started up Sweetest Monster and I am really impressed at the quality of writing so far it's not what I expected

Definitely tell me how it goes! Parts of it pack a real punch.

2 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Ryou (the bad end, got it blindly), Kyou, Yukine, Fuko (one of my favorite characters), Misae, Kappei, and Kotomi. In that order.

Finished the first chapter of Danganronpa 3 and I don't think I've ever felt so unsatisfied after a chapter in any of the previous games. A big part of it is unresponsive controls with keyboard and mouse (googling the issue yielded suggestions to try controller, but I don't have one. Maybe someone here had the same issues and managed to fix them?), but the story itself was full of holes. Maybe some of them will be filled later, but I wanted to talk about them now.

First of all why no one considered the fact that after the time expired they wouldn't be killed? Monokuma's purpose is obviously the killing game and if he killed them all, his plan would go to hell. Second, the way everyone cared for the murderer and one cared for the victim was kind of weird. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that. But the thing that bugged me most, was the murder itself. It all just went so conveniently - the music to cover the noise (wasn't planned), the ball going through the prepared route with no issues and the timing of the ball falling down at the exact time the victim was in the spot of murder. Of course, there are a ton of things that borders belief in Danganronpa, but it was probably the first time it bugged me so much. Maybe it was because I was blinded by love for the games when I was playing the first two games.

Edited by Not_At_All

2 hours ago, Not_At_All said:

Finished the first chapter of Danganronpa 3 and I don't think I've ever felt so unsatisfied after a chapter in any of the previous games. A big part of it is unresponsive controls with keyboard and mouse (googling the issue yielded suggestions to try controller, but I don't have one. Maybe someone here had the same issues and managed to fix them?), but the story itself was full of holes. Maybe some of them will be filled later, but I wanted to talk about them now.

Hide contents

First of all why no one considered the fact that after the time expired they wouldn't be killed? Monokuma's purpose is obviously the killing game and if he killed them all, his plan would go to hell. Second, the way everyone cared for the murderer and one cared for the victim was kind of weird. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that. But the thing that bugged me most, was the murder itself. It all just went so conveniently - the music to cover the noise (wasn't planned), the ball going through the prepared route with no issues and the timing of the ball falling down at the exact time the victim was in the spot of murder. Of course, there are a ton of things that borders belief in Danganronpa, but it was probably the first time it bugged me so much. Maybe it was because I was blinded by love for the games when I was playing the first two games.

Spoiler

You try not being afraid to die in a similar situation. If somebody with obvious control over your life says you'll die if you don't act, you have a certain leaning toward acting. If anything, the way Kaede's reassurances kept most everyone from acting is praiseworthy. Most, at that point, would give up their life before taking another.

The victim was shady as hell, and this killing was subconsciously deemed a 'necessity' for survival; furthermore, the main suspects were trusted individuals that had helped keep the group going up until then: Kaede and the detective.

As the conclusion of my Yuri Game Jam marathon I've just finished reading The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns and while I was probably in a vulnerable mood today, I still didn't expect it to hit me as hard as it did. A beautifully written little VN, with some horribly sad moments but hopeful and touching above anything else - exactly my kind of story. I didn't even mind it being as short as it was, it really used the time well and developed the characters just enough to make their stories impactful. Now I'm just not sure if I should cry some more or try to write something to channel all the feels. :')

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Finally :amane:, I just started grisaia no meikyuu...I' m so happy! been smiling to myself as i'm reading it. :sachi:

Starting on makina's after story first, so much nostalgia seeing all these characters again along with the same designs, locations, music and va's. Kajitsu was the second VN I read, and i loved every bit of it. Its really good to be back again. YAY .:yumiko:

Playing unrated version of Grisaia no Rakuen.......

Spoiler

The 2nd part of the 'Angelic Howl' episode is even more brutal then the first part in the original game. Apparently, medical horror is a major weakness of mine....

I can't even finish that scene tonight. I'm probably gonna have nightmares.... :gasp:

On 12/31/2017 at 6:30 AM, r0xm2n said:

Playing unrated version of Grisaia no Rakuen.......

Reveal hidden contents

The 2nd part of the 'Angelic Howl' episode is even more brutal then the first part in the original game. Apparently, medical horror is a major weakness of mine....

I can't even finish that scene tonight. I'm probably gonna have nightmares.... :gasp:

Spoil me? I'm a little curious, but I don't really want to read more Grisaia.

so I  just finished refrain and... wow fucking wow that was one hell of a ride, I did not expect the story to go down like this in the slightest

Spoiler

I can't decide if the fact that no one diededed in the end makes the story better or worse, on one hand I'm glad but on the other it feels like it gives the story less bite like the writers were afraid to kill off characters, honestly I think kyouske should have died in the end saving everyone, even tho I really like him I think they could have given him a fitting badass death

here are a few plotpoints that I would like you guys to answer to me, these are things that I have yet to discover, keep in mind that I finished refrain but I did not do anything else so if the answer is later please don't tell me

Spoiler

1. What happend to rin in the past, it says something about men in suits holding her down but what's that all about

2. What happend to rickis parents, how did they die?

3. Why was kengo in the graveyard in Komaris route when he visited the grave of her brother, also who is Kojiro Kamikita

4. While I get how kurugayas route fits in I don't really see how kud and mio fit into this, I think it would have been somewhat awesome if kud was like haging by a chain in the valley and that would be like the twist but shes in a cave <not really a question more of an observation I guess>

5. Also didn't even meat saya yet so I guess I still have more reading to do

the translation was kind of... hard to follow at times but that may be just because english isn't my first, I didn't see any horrible translation errors but I had to go back at times and reread several lines to get what they were saying

Edited by bogdankl

1 hour ago, akaritan said:

Spoil me? I'm a little curious, but I don't really want to read more Grisaia.

The scene in question pretty much counts as a horror scene.

Spoiler

Remember Amane's flashback in the original game? Angelic Howl? Rakuen has 'part 2' of that scene (events after Amane fled the place). It's about as pleasant as you'd expect. So much death, so much people going insane....

1 minute ago, Ranzo said:

Finished Sweetest Monster and hoo hoo I was not expecting that.:michiru: It caught me quite off guard.

Overall I liked it and I feel that it accomplished it's goal, which was to make me feel real uncomfortable.

Now to move on to something more cheery and play some Swan Song:mare:

I'm glad you liked it! Swan Song is a really great VN, but I wouldn't point you too it for a good fix of happiness. Just sayin'. Though, there's definitely a balance of horror and levity, so it's definitely worth a shot.

1 hour ago, bogdankl said:

so I  just finished refrain and... wow fucking wow that was one hell of a ride, I did not expect the story to go down like this in the slightest

I mentioned this to someone before here (I don't think it was you, since I feel like it was before you started reading LB, but maybe...?), Little Busters is really all about Refrain. It's the big payoff at the end of a very long VN, which definitely has its share of ups and downs, and which can lag a little at times. So, I'm glad you enjoyed the best part of the story!

6 minutes ago, akaritan said:

I'm glad you liked it! Swan Song is a really great VN, but I wouldn't point you too it for a good fix of happiness. Just sayin'. Though, there's definitely a balance of horror and levity, so it's definitely worth a shot.

Oh you know I just love putting out fires with gasoline.

(That song actually fits really well with that VN now that I think about it

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Let's see. For now I'll just tried Seabed here because I'd heard that it's get quite good score despite the fact that it's doujin VN, so I'll gonna see the VN by myself.

Oh Seabed! I was actually deciding on whether to get it or not. I heard good things about it as well.

So I'm playing Swan Song now and so far it's really good I like it's quiet and somber atmosphere. I just wish I had better songs to fit it.

The fire is crackling

On 1/2/2018 at 12:02 AM, Ranzo said:

Oh Seabed! I was actually deciding on whether to get it or not. I heard good things about it as well.

Well, you can always try the demo like I did. I'm reading this vn right now, and though I still haven't finished the prologue, so far it looks pretty great. At the same time, it's probably one of the most slow-paced vns I've ever read, so it might be boring for some people.

On 12/28/2017 at 7:44 PM, Thyndd said:

Also, the memes, god they are good.

Before you get tired of them...

11 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Well, you know, like anything, in healthy moderation :makina:

Tell that to Youtube recommendation feed. :vinty:

Though, seriously, I don't really like how memefied this game became. I like DDLC, but I feel like it gets way too much attention. Especially considering that there are hundreds of better vns which aren't even noticed by general community.