What are you playing?

Da Capo III ...so is it basically

Spoiler

just a prequel/alternate story occuring in "Weather Vane Academy" and having absolutely nothing to do with the group that was first introduced in the present timeline? or is there a 2nd part?

I wish Tomoe Gojouin had her own route though. I like her.

Edit: Daaaammmn Shiki is savage .

Spoiler

6Zg1gxx.png

Edited by MFrost

On 19.2.2017 at 10:40 PM, Mr Poltroon said:

Majikoi -> Majikoi S -> Majikoi A;

Majikoi S is a sequel, and introduces most of the new characters. Majikoi A (all five of the releases that compose it) may introduce some of them as well. Majikoi A is basically as if somebody stapled more content into Majikoi S (a great deal of it better quality than what S got), so don't imagine the term 'fandisk' makes it lower quality or less enjoyable. Only two of the five Majikoi A releases are currently translated.

Kokoro route in any of them?

36 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Yes. Unfortunately, in S.
I say 'unfortunately' for S actually produced some of the worst routes -- not only short, they had an excessive focus on sex -- exempting a couple. Kokoro's is not one of the exceptions.

I remember only liking Koyuki and Tsubame in that. Monshiro and Tatsunee felt like first halves of really good routes, and Kokoro and Margit felt like would be side routes on the original novel.

23 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Yes. Unfortunately, in S.
I say 'unfortunately' for S actually produced some of the worst routes -- not only short, they had an excessive focus on sex -- exempting a couple. Kokoro's is not one of the exceptions.

That's strange, I only seem to remember the after routes for the original heroines, and the Agave after story, being like that.

7 minutes ago, Kabu said:

That's strange, I only seem to remember the after routes for the original heroines, and the Agave after story, being like that.

Such would be because our definitions of 'short' and 'focuses too much on sex' are different.

Kokoro's route lasts a good 3-5 hours, but that's short by Majikoi standards, and when it also includes some 3-4 H-Scenes crammed into it, it feels like an excessive focus on sex.
Margit's focuses on sex almost the entire way through, having way more H-Scene content than otherwise.
Other routes are short, lasting around 3 hours, including a few H-Scenes as well.

Tsubame's and someone else's feel a bit more complete in traditional Majikoi fashion, and Monshiro's has a decent length, though it lacks a traditional 'Majikoi battle/event' that routes tend to have at least one of.

That's nothing, the following exchange happens at one point:

Raziel wants MC-kun to look for her book (that tells literally all the secrets of creation, such a thing might be important)
so she says "I'll give you a reward if you find it for me"
"Hey, want an apple?  There ought to be a good harvest in Heaven right about now"
Response: "I'm already wearing clothes, thank you.  I think I have enough knowledge."

Edited by Nandemonai

S;G 0... Very mild spoilers ahead.

Sigh. First part of it, first half (first arc - Altair and Vega ending, etc) was really good. Not mindblowingly great, like S;G, but really, really good, with some fluff and fillers, but also really high 'high points'.

But other half of the game? I feel like I'm reading not very good fandisc with 'what if' stories. So much stupid fluff, red herrings (It's going to be a drama/action! Tense music! Cryptic messages! Peaople running in panic! ... oh, it's just Faris wanting them to clean up the room), a lot of them, which kills any tension and mood in 'proper' scenes.

Humour is completly dry, scenes are boring and tends to be overlly 'VNish' (like Cleaning-Sergeant Nae, FFS).

I haven't finished this yet, still around 8 hours to go (two last endings + true mini end), but I must say this:

S;G0 feels like completlly unnecessary sequel, with few good/great ideas, few great seqences, one really great character (Maho!), but also filled with so much boring/moe/fluffy sol, that it drags it down really heavy.
Whole 'Amadeus' plot brings very little to the table of whole S;G story.

If this will not turn out better in last few hours, I'm gonna give it around 8/10. Only.

I'm just surprised that nobody I've seen talking about S;G0 noticed diferent writters for two 'story arcs'. I was so baffled by the change of style and quality, that I immediatelly went to vndb, and my fears were confirmed - first arc was written by main S;G writter, other, fandisc-like half is written by two noobs, with not much in their portfolio.

I'd already finished all of my Flyable Heart playthrough for a while, but I didn't had chance to write it yet until now. So, here goes my commentary for Suzuno route.

As far as Flyable Heart goes, Suzuno was the most mysterious one. Namely because she was always had very little screen time in the common route, although she was play some important role though in heroine's route. Her problem was that she was invisible and afraid that she may need to separated with Shou (So much that Suzuno rejected Shou), and the first half of her route was devoted to come to term with that in regard of separation (Also, both of Suzuno and Shou love each other although it should be very obvious though). Other than that, everything goes well at least until the festival as usual. By the way, looks like the writer also influenced with Higurashi apparently namely that after festival something will be going worse or turned serious (Also in regard of zombie tag and water gun battle for reminder). Of course the inevitable happen and after that there's many twist thrown at us, in which some of that already foreshadowed at each of previous routes. Note that it'll be major spoiler so I'll using spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Yui and Shou couldn't exist altogether, in which it was already explained in Yui's route. Also while it's not directly stated to the characters in question, Yui was Shou in another dimension. Yes, Yui was Shou in which had XX chromosome while Shou was had XY chromosome. Originally they would be born as twin, but in each dimension one of the twins will be died and there was only one who could survive. The survived twin was Shou/Yui, in which for Shou case to be male because apparently Shou was absorbs the older twin male chromosome (Quite hard to explain, but basically Shou and Yui are the same). Although I would said that they quite fitting to be twin though imo. As for more info, Yui and Shou couldn't coexistence showed in Sakurako route in which Yui was suspiciously absent from the talking at the dormitory about Sakurako. Also in Amane's route actually, although it's quite hard to see though.

In regard of Sakurako while the game was never state it in both of Extra and the story, it was very obvious that Sakurako's heart donor was Shou's dad. The evidence was that in the dimension where Sakurako live was that Shou'd dad (Shigeki) was already dead, while in Shou's former dimension Sakurako was about to die from her heart disease (Of course Shou's dad need to die in order to allow Sakurako live, cruel as it was). Also there's also the fact that Mayuri was searching Shigeki heart for a long time after he sacrifice himself to protecting Mayuri, and back in common route Mayuri was had made close friendship with Sakurako. It was also shown that one of Sakurako quirk was remind Shou about his dad, and also that Sakurako had dream about Shou childhood. For more info, back at Mayuri route she was crying near the end of her route because her friend was dead, which is Sakurako of course. Also like Yui, she hadn't show up in Amane's route after festival although it's also quite hard to see though. Note that she was show up in Yui's route after the festival, finishing her check up.

As for Amane's route, it's more or less didn't had much connection to dimensional thing, although if I may said here her strained relationship between her and Souryuu was started from her dad, which apparently had some adultery case in past and turned Chihaya to doing fatal mistake to Souryuu albeit unconsciously. Also Amane's dad was apparently the root of Kururi's distrust toward man. Other than that, I think it's mostly personal problem though, although it's also foreshadow about Suzuno role and time travel though.

As for Kururi's route, for her supposed role in regard of invent time travelling machine, her route was surprisingly contain least of the foreshadowing (Other than confirm that time machine was real, and Suzuno role once again. Oh, and Souryuu didn't remember that he met Shou at the beginning of the game). To tell the truth, I kind of surprised when she decided to do suicide indirectly because she knew that Shou was realizing that Kururi using Shou, and Kururi spread that to all of school (In which turned out that she was did that because of clumsiness). It was also not foreshadowing both of Yui and Sakurako disappearance, although I presume that it was take place at usual Shou's dimension though. Other than that, it was had had answer in regard of Amane's family situation.

Many people said that Mayuri's route was problematic because of her ending which is leave more question about her family (Also the reason that Kiminago exist). Personally I find it's quite fine enough to me at least if they (The developer) didn't want to discuss her family problem, although there's mistake though. Namely that since apparently Mayuri's route take place in Shou's dimension and it's shown that Sakurako was dead, at least there's should be epilogue that show Mayuri was meet again with Shigeki because Shigeki was still alive. Although if we want to just saw Mayuri met with Shigeki, it was shown at Sakurako's route though. Oh well.

Just in case someone noticed I speak about dimension several times, it was because actually there's two dimension. One which Shigeki was live (I'll call it Shou's dimension), and another when Shigeki already dead (I'll call it Yui's). And that's had some importance for Suzuno route (As well as some foreshadowing in other routes). As for Suzuno, she was actually time traveler from the future instead of ghost, in which there's only few people who could see her (Shou, Yui, and Max). Her mission was basically save Shou from the big firework explosion by dimension travelling Shou to Yui's dimension. Other than her mission, she was had amnesia because of fireworks incident at the start of the game and she was also Kururi's disciple in the future. Also the name of the time machine from the future was Flyer, which in turn inspire Shou to give the name to time machine that Kururi develop in the past. For the ending, granted Shou and Suzuno must separated, but eventually they managed to met after Shou waiting for several years (20 years or so).

Overall I think while there's some plot holes, it's still interesting enough to me even though the translation of course was quite awful (Machine translated and that). As for the score, I couldn't give the exact score here although I gave 7.6 at VNDB though. That's all for Flyable Heart here.

PS - By the way, in regard of seiyuu Suzuno was voiced by Fujimori Yukina, who had some roles in VNs. Her roles was Kogasaka Chinami in Hoshimemo Eternal Heart (And you could patch her Chinami's new voice to Hoshimemo), Yanase Konomi from Princess Evangile, Akune Shino from Corona Blossom, Pirincess Margireta from Madou Koukaku, and Sawatari Michiru from soon to be released in English Chrono Clock.

Edited by littleshogun

On 27/02/2017 at 7:37 AM, Vorathiel said:

S;G 0... Very mild spoilers ahead.

Sigh. First part of it, first half (first arc - Altair and Vega ending, etc) was really good. Not mindblowingly great, like S;G, but really, really good, with some fluff and fillers, but also really high 'high points'.

But other half of the game? I feel like I'm reading not very good fandisc with 'what if' stories. So much stupid fluff, red herrings (It's going to be a drama/action! Tense music! Cryptic messages! Peaople running in panic! ... oh, it's just Faris wanting them to clean up the room), a lot of them, which kills any tension and mood in 'proper' scenes.

Humour is completly dry, scenes are boring and tends to be overlly 'VNish' (like Cleaning-Sergeant Nae, FFS).

I haven't finished this yet, still around 8 hours to go (two last endings + true mini end), but I must say this:

S;G0 feels like completlly unnecessary sequel, with few good/great ideas, few great seqences, one really great character (Maho!), but also filled with so much boring/moe/fluffy sol, that it drags it down really heavy.
Whole 'Amadeus' plot brings very little to the table of whole S;G story.

If this will not turn out better in last few hours, I'm gonna give it around 8/10. Only.

I'm just surprised that nobody I've seen talking about S;G0 noticed diferent writters for two 'story arcs'. I was so baffled by the change of style and quality, that I immediatelly went to vndb, and my fears were confirmed - first arc was written by main S;G writter, other, fandisc-like half is written by two noobs, with not much in their portfolio.

Just finished S;G 0 yesterday, and while I agree with you, I must say it's count still fine as more characterisation.

The main problem, I think, is the end of Steins;Gate 0. They mainly adapt (with differences) the Epigraph Trilogy, but they don't adapt the Drama CD that came with it... So when you finish the game you have one big question, you search it on the internet, then you love the community that gave you the answer. Yeah, you can complete your experience of Steins;Gate thanks to the community. I mean, how the hell are you supposed to know that there is a Drama CD between the end of S;G 0 and "that" moment in Steins;Gate?

So I was disappointed by S;G 0's end. But it was still good from a S;G fanboy point of view, so I still liked it. Hope they will tie the loose ends in the anime, mainly what happens between 0 and S;G.

Edited by Riku

I finished the demo for The Shadows of Pygmalion. Even though it's an incredibly flawed VN, I must say, I enjoyed it quite a lot. I listed some positives and negatives below.

+ I like how the the plot is handled. There aren't too many fight scenes, which is a positive for me. Those which are present are unpredictable enough, and aren't boring. The mystery of what is happening behind the scenes is pretty intriguing.

+ If I understood it correctly, the main theme of the plot is the nature of human consciousness, which is a pretty interesting theme if you ask me.

+ It's just engaging and interesting to read.

- Base personalities of the characters are as uninteresting as they could be. Character motivation also makes me raise a brow sometimes. Though I'm unsure at the moment, maybe I need to reread some parts to better understand them.

- The directing is pretty bad at times. I think, the sprite and picture movements are nice, but they were used better in Tokyo Babel, which seems to have used the same engine. The music sometimes changes very often, which can be annoying.

- This VN likes to repeat things said earlier. It might be annoying for some people.

- I can't help but feel that yuri is the fifth wheel of the title, and is only used to add fanservice.

+/- The art is a bit strange. I passionately disliked it at first, but got used to it, and now I think that it more or less fits the VN.

+/- The plot is getting pretty dark, but the atmosphere isn't, at least at this point.

That said, I'm definitely buying the full game. Even if you disliked Tokyo Babel, I recommend you trying out this VN, as they are completely different from each other. I'm personally enjoying Pygmalion more, though my final mark will most likely be lower.

7/10 so far.

Edited by Dreamysyu
typo

On 2/20/2017 at 4:53 PM, MFrost said:

I wish Tomoe Gojouin had her own route though. I like her.

Edit: Daaaammmn Shiki is savage .

Reveal hidden contents

6Zg1gxx.png

11 days to finish this huh? all 5 heroines (kinda) and the side stories.

Spoiler

hiPkKQr.png Beautifully done

Yeah, she Definitely Needed her own route instead of just a little side story. Tomoe doesn't even get any love in any of the fandiscs either, they just introduce some new girl :(

Edited by MFrost

S;G 0 - second part of it is kinda shitty. Whatevs.
But. Localisation team sucks as well.

Person A, (let's call him Alfred) is calling Person B (Brian) 'senpai'.
But, stupid as fuck localisation team choose not to include that at all and instead went for 'Brian'. Just name. So Alfred is speaking 'Brian', while I hear 'senpai' in my earphones.
Okey, whatever, they're dumb, but I will swallow that. 'Honorifics are bad and all that crap. Nitpick. Go on.

But wait, there is more.
Because here comes Person C - Carl. Carl who is 'strange' in some ways. When Carl is speaking to Brian, he's using form 'Brian-san' in earphones and 'Brian' in text. But suddenly, in one occasion, Carl is calling Brian 'senpai'. Exactly like Alfred was doing all the time!
And here comes great fuss amongst the characters, because that's 'something wrong' and 'weird' and plot thickens.
Buuut. This time we can see 'senpai' in text. Yet whole this means nothing, because all the time we were seeing 'Brian' coming from Alfred. Not once we have seen 'senpai' appeared on screen. So characters confusion and fuss is completly nonunderstendable for somebody who is not listening to voices.

Great job localisation team. You sick fucks. 

Guess I might as well fill this in.  Currently I am somewhere in the middle of:

1. Sono Hanabira New Gen
  2. Princess Evangile
  3. Gakhthun
  4. Chaos;Head
  5. Majikoi
  6. Shadows of Pygmalion
  7. Tokyo Babel

Now that I write it out, that's a lot of long games. :nokia: Someone send help! :notlikemiya:

Edited by Nandemonai

On 2/20/2017 at 6:23 PM, Zenophilious said:

Is that the one about the violin with the magical G-string?  :P

Most likely ;) But I havent actually gotten to any parts with violins yet since im a slow player.

Edited by Noir