What are you playing?

So after a long, long... loooooong time, I finally started reading steins gate. I have to say I'm not very impressed so far. Granted I'm barely on chapter 2 but...I Don't know things just feel a bit... obvious. Maybe that's because the last thing I read was fate and there nothing was obvious or it's trying to throw me off

It's pushing the amane as titor card very heavily and maybe Moeka is the titor from the original timeline looking for the computer... tho why would she also jump to a parallel universe with the protagonist since only he was holding the phone which seams to be the way to travel

well anyways that's enough about me rambling <I like to try and guess about these things ^^> I'm gonna stick to it but... I don't know I'm just not feeling it so far

2 hours ago, bogdankl said:

So after a long, long... loooooong time, I finally started reading steins gate. I have to say I'm not very impressed so far. Granted I'm barely on chapter 2 but...I Don't know things just feel a bit... obvious. Maybe that's because the last thing I read was fate and there nothing was obvious or it's trying to throw me off

Reveal hidden contents

It's pushing the amane as titor card very heavily and maybe Moeka is the titor from the original timeline looking for the computer... tho why would she also jump to a parallel universe with the protagonist since only he was holding the phone which seams to be the way to travel

well anyways that's enough about me rambling <I like to try and guess about these things ^^> I'm gonna stick to it but... I don't know I'm just not feeling it so far

Stick with it. It takes a few chapters to get good.

9 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Stick with it. It takes a few chapters to get good.

I thought Steins;Gate's first half was far better than the second, though I seem to be in the minority with this. I thought the first half had a nice balance between slice-of-life and serious parts, but once the former mostly disappears, it quickly became clear to me just how shallow the plot and characters actually are.

Another delay from my Flyable Heart, and this time I'll finish Amane's route and I'll write my commentary in this post when I'm finished. Next route should be....... I think Kururi's will do.

PS - I finished this, and let me write some commentary here.

The start of Amane route was when Amane ask Shou to pretend as her fiancee when she was about to be engaged. It works, and from there Amane was started to develop some feeling for Shou. As for the drama, there's some kind of love triangle happening with Yui also apparently like Shou as well. Fortunately, this was solved without too much problem there. Other than love triangle, we also had sibling trouble for the drama between Amane and student council president. Oh, his name was Souryuu and he was Amane's brother. Seeing Souryuu here was made me taken aback that he could be quite cold behind his playful personality (He was arranged the games in common route). The problem were Amane think that Souryuu didn't like her, while Souryuu himself was attempted to distance himself from Amane if only for the sake of his step mom (Amane and Souryuu were born from different mother) who he afraid that she hate him. Quite complicated to explain here, but let's just said that Amane's mom was had her moment when she didn't quite sane. Long story short, the problem was ultimately that they couldn't communicate well partially because of Souryuu once again afraid that he was hated, and after Shou stepped in all end well.

Oh, and by the way so far each route was had 2 parts. Part one would be before festival which was the lighter part of the routes while usually the route was get darker when the festival end. As for this route, apparently there's a time loop involved indicated by when Shou wish that something could be different for Amane and Souryuu, and suddenly he came back from night to the morning ie almost 15 hours ago. The reason Shou wish that because Souryuu was in comma and Amane was hysterical knowing that, and that happened when Shou didn't step in on the siblings quarell. Other than summary and time loop thing, not much I could talk about this route and once again I'll play Kururi's.

PS - As for seiyuu Amane's was Miyazawa Yuana who had role as Hikasaki Komomo in Hoshimemo and Sawatari Aoi in Period. She also had some role in upcoming Bokuten, albeit side chatacter though according to VNDB.

Edited by littleshogun

49 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I think S;G is great from start to finish, even when the SOL is still predominant, something interesting is costantly happening, it's almost never boring.

I will agree with the part about something interesting constantly happening during the SOL parts. It really kept me hooked during S;G's first half because it was a pretty refreshing take on the concept.

Ironically, I thought it was after the SOL's disappearance that interesting things stopped happening. Okay, Chapter 6 was also pretty good. But then the VN immediately fell apart with two really weak chapters whose focal plot points and characters had no reason to even exist in the first place. And the best I can say about the stuff after that is just that it didn't outright suck like Chapters 7 and 8. It was just mediocre.

8 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Another delay from my Flyable Heart, and this time I'll finish Amane's route and I'll write my commentary in this post when I'm finished. Next route should be....... I think Kururi's will do.

Flyable heart? You mean If My Heart Had Wings? You should have done kururis route first, she had the best route on my opinion even without the patch, although the patch made it worthy of another playthrough, amanes was good, ageha was alright, and the two girls (I can't remember their names right off hand) was not the best one. 

Right now I'm still working on cross channel, I think I hit a glitch or something no matter what I do in the game on kuri's route it always will repeat the week...... message me if you know what I'm doing wrong.

2 hours ago, Firemonk said:

Flyable heart? You mean If My Heart Had Wings? You should have done kururis route first, she had the best route on my opinion even without the patch, although the patch made it worthy of another playthrough, amanes was good, ageha was alright, and the two girls (I can't remember their names right off hand) was not the best one.

:kosame:

:saber:

https://vndb.org/v1179

Playing Koichoco right now. The funny thing is, I didn't know about the mandatory Chisato first ruote, and when I got that handjob totally out of nowhere, I was like... "Ok, what the fuck?". 

The novel switches focus a little too suddenly from the elections to the love story, and more in general I don't like the enforced playing order for this kind of game, but apart from that, it's been enjoyable so far.

I just finished Re:LieF and its True Route was kinda underwhelming. The first 3 were nice enough, although on the short side. But the true route just felt rushed. They start to deconstruct the protagonist only to revert him to his former state of mind after a short friendship speech...

And best girl only got half an end :kosame: But at least she NTRs the protagonist somewhat xD

@Firemonk I really want to appriciate your suggestion, but unfortunately I couldn't because you're wrong here (I really mean Flyable Heart of course, and for If My Heart Had Wing usually I called it Konosora). As for Konosora, I knew that to play her route you must clear Kotori's first (Not Kururi), and for two girls route you must mean Asa and Yoru (They're twin). Oh, and by the way Fred already gave Flyable Heart link there.

39 minutes ago, Firemonk said:

well, I might need to check it out, thanks for the correction 

Your welcome. And by the way if you really want to play Flyable Heart keep in mind that the translation was very bad compared to Konosora ie machine translated, so prepare yourself for understanding sometimes confusing sentence there. Good luck with your choice there.

Let's see, right now I'd already finished Kururi's route at Flyable Heart so let me write about her route and my opinion.

Kururi was some kind of teen genius who apparently hate Shou. Turn out it was because of her past which was misunderstood about love in the first place. She was sort of adopted by Amane's family, and she saw that Amane's mom crying because of her husband who married of another woman (Souryuu's mom). After that, she decided to not trust the man at all until she meet Shou that is. Oh, and the first time Kururi was only used him to be experiment though, before finally developing she was falling for real (She was faking about fall in love with Shou at common route).

Her route was to be honest feeling quite short to me and had no epilogue like Mayuri, although to be fair Kururi's didn't leave any unsolved problem though. Her problem was that she felt embarassed after Shou knowing that she mistakenly sent her mail to all of the students that she was only using Shou for experiment, and Shou knew about that. While the problem was sounds quite simple, the consequence was quite fatal that she was died before Shou finally decided to do time loop. Oh, and by the way apparently our white hair heroine Suzuno was involved for time travel back at Amane's route (Also Sakurako's apparently, but couldn't be sure). While there's not much from Kururi in her route, it reveal the existence of time machine which was exhibited at school festival, and it was real because at first look it was only trick that tell the people to wait for 5 minutes inside time machine. Other than Suzuno and time machine, it also reveal that apparently Souryuu didn't met with Shou before the explosion that started the game (Forgot to said that Shou experienced the explosion at the start if the game, and before that he met Souryuu). I think that's all about I could say for Kururi's route, and for next route since Suzuno's route would be still locked I had no choice but starting Yui's route.

PS - For trivia, Kururi's seiyuu was Chatani Yasura aka Nagata Kayo, who her roles were Nekoko from Yume Miru Kusuri, Shinomiya Yoruko from Comyu, Mutsuki Aoi from I/O, and Ultinia from Bunny Black 2. 

Edited by littleshogun

On 11/7/2016 at 3:31 PM, Eclipsed said:

[not I/O]

Where is my I/O ending rant? :<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway - don't let this thread die people! ;d

I just finished Period, which I started in June. And while it has a lot of boring stuff, a lot of shitty-shit (it's visible in my grades what really irked me here ;p), it also has a really nice atosphere, few 'spot on' jokes that I laughed at and one of the best 'side kick' charcters in VNs. Shame there is only so little of her - the bisexual tomboy, Aoi. She's great.

And here are my particular grades.:

Spoiler

qgbbNFX.png

Edited by Vorathiel

After 2 weeks i finished Tenshin Ranman, this work is better than the recent games (Amairo, Sanoba and Senren), slightly better than Noble Works and worse than Dracu-Riot.

The common route is  surprisingly short comparing with others Yuzusoft titles and don't have much more than our traditional SoL.

All the heroines have some appeal, but their personalities seemed to me a bit binary, i think that Ruri>Hime>Aoi>Sana it's a realist rank.

The routes start after the beach scene and to me all have the same problem, to stretch too much before confession, it's not that the romance building is extensive,it's that a cheap problem appear in the start of the route (and that problem take longer to resolve that the main tension of the route). The main problem that they face in the routes are  much less elaborate than in the recent Yuzusoft titles and the resolution  comes literally from the gods. 

Spoiler

I think that some things that they explain in the common route like Sana be a ghost or Ruri be the one responsible for the bad luck of Haruki family kills any surprise and make the routes very predictable.

My personal route ranking is: Hime>Ruri>Sana>Aoi.

In the end, this is the classical charage that don't have none innovative, but make the basic without shitting in the bed, if you need something carefree that  can make you laugh sometimes( or like white haired loli fox) this is a good candidate.

Spoiler

Art: 8.5

Characters: 7.5

Story: 6.4

Humor: 7.6

Enjoyment: 8.5

Overall: 7.7

Side note: To each type of novel, i use different categories ratings, for example in a charage i will rate enjoyment and humor, but in a chunni action i will rate history concept and action.

After chatting with a bunch of the Shin Koihime Musou fan TL team, I decided I must have missed something by never playing Koihime Musou, so I've been busily working away at that in my spare time for the last couple of weeks. It's a lot of fun, though the pacing of the base scenes is a little odd because they all move independently: you can go through five SoL scenes in rapid succession on one Home Base round, and then the next one go through five H scenes in rapid succession. And the strategy game side of things really is too easy.

But aside from those little nitpicks, I'm really enjoying it. The most astonishingly positive part of this game is the way it handles its huge cast of heroines: they're all very well fleshed-out, at least as well as you'd see for a heroine in any other charage (which I think is the closest label for this, even though it's got a war as the background setting and a bunch of warrior women as the main cast), despite there being dozens of them. They've got so many names you'd think it'd be confusing, especially with the intimate name being thrown around most of the time, but they're all so endearing that I'm not even having a problem remembering which formal name goes with whom, most of the time.

Finished Sorami's route in Tokyo Babel.

Spoiler

I was honestly a little disappointed.  I expected the fight against Metatron to be more climactic, and while it was fairly exciting, it fell a bit short of Setsuna's fight against God in Raziel's route.  I also expected a bittersweet ending, as hopeless as the situation was after they went through the portal to the future.  I would have liked it if they ended it after Setsuna left the hospital to go look for Sorami, never telling if he found her or not, but the happy ending was quite cute, I have to admit.  I hope they flesh out Messenger's motivations some more, like they did with Eve, or I'm going to be a little bit annoyed.

They did a pretty good job of keeping me guessing on the topic of Metatron's true identity.  I already knew the main archangels, but as I know almost nothing about Judaism, it kinda came out of left field.

I just finished MYTH, and I liked it, though it definitely isn't for everyone to say the least. MYTH is very, very confusing, which is either a selling point or a huge turn off. I found it to be a selling point- I had a lot of fun thinking about and trying to understand the numerous interwoven plotlines (something that I can't say I've succeeded at, even now). The music is also excellent. But the thing about MYTH is that if those things don't matter to you, or you outright dislike them, you're going to dislike MYTH too, because those two things are really the only reasons you'd read it. Sadly, I found the characters to be subpar and there was a lot of slice of life in the beginning where there didn't need to be, which kept me from liking it a lot more. It also very much feels like a doujin game. There is very little voice acting (a few segments towards the very end have partial), photographic backgrounds are used, and the sprite artwork can be a bit unpleasant to look at at times *cough*. With all that said, I found it to be a very charming and even cathartic, if also flawed, experience as a whole and I sure won't forget it anytime soon. Now that my brain is fried, I'm probably going to read a few lighthearted things to recover, ahaha. Maybe I'll pick up the new Sonohana, it looks really cute even if that isn't necessarily my thing most of the time.