What are you playing?

I just finished Flowers and it was... alright? I have pretty mixed feelings on it, honestly. The art and music are beautiful, and the atmosphere is just overall really, really nice. The mystery aspect is great, and I think I would have liked it a lot more if that was more prevalent. And I liked the side characters a bit. Apart from Erika, I didn't adore any of them, but they could be cute. The main characters made me really angry at times, though. I sort of hate that sort of forced melodrama, and it ended up making me outright dislike Rika and Mayuri. By the end, I just felt that Rika could be way too manipulative and Mayuri could be way too angsty at times, enough so that it sort of ruined their characters for me. The pacing could feel incredibly slow at times too, which is a bit surprising seeing as it only took me 10-11 hours to make it to the end of both routes. With all that said, it showed a lot of promise. The fact that Erika will be the main character of the next game, and the fact that

Spoiler

the bittersweet ending of Mayuri's route implied the mystery will be much more focused on,

both make me want to pick up the next game, in the hopes that it will be much better.

Okay, I'm going to start Inganock now to recover. An utsuge written by Sakurai Hikaru? Yes please.

Started reading Flowers and Koiken Otome.

Flowers had a bit of a slow start and the bright colors give it a bit of a sterile look. I think I like the darker color tones of IG's other titles more. Not far enough to be able to comment about the story though.

Koiken Otome looks super flashy and modern. It might be a bit generic, but it's certainly pretty. The dialog with the graphic settings at the start look similar to the one from Walkure Romanze - I wonder if it's the same engine.

3 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Flowers had a bit of a slow start and the bright colors give it a bit of a sterile look. I think I like the darker color tones of IG's other titles more.

Yup, yup. Simple collor corrction (less gamma, more saturation), and everything looks more pleasan. Not as 'artsy' though. And I'm sure current pallette fits story aand setting better. Anyway - fast comparission.

Spoiler

68515.jpg
nW2Zq22.jpg
68516.jpg
gJEam7G.jpg
75844.jpg
2sH2Fz1.jpg
68514.jpg
vu2Hn7a.jpg

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

Yup, yup. Simple collor corrction (less gamma, more saturation), and everything looks more pleasan. Not as 'artsy' though. And I'm sure current pallette fits story aand setting better. Anyway - fast comparission.

Hide contents

68515.jpg
nW2Zq22.jpg
68516.jpg
gJEam7G.jpg
75844.jpg
2sH2Fz1.jpg
68514.jpg
vu2Hn7a.jpg

Wow, after just finishing spending a ton of time with the game, I hate the way it looks with your graphics changes, lol. I mean, I can see where you're coming from saying it's an improvement, especially on the night shot of Mayuri and Suoh in bed, but I got so involved with the game that I'm too much on the side of the current stuff fitting the feel of the story.

That said, when it does the fade-in-from-white thing, it can definitely be too bright even for my preferences, for several seconds.

Remember 11's pretty enjoyable, I'm on like the 5th day or w.e

The shifting perspectives and the two main protagonists constantly trying to make sense of things indirectly with each other keeps things interesting, though it kind of drags on between days 3-5 as the situation slowly but surely gets more and more hopeless with no real progression on the overlying mystery,

Kokoro's a good protag, fem protags are always cool, and I really like her occasional bouts of completely fawning over Yuni's cuteness

No idea how Yuni himself relates to the grand scheme of things, 

Dislike the extremely high amount of bad ends (30+), they really itch my completionist side but most of them are just not worth the time getting since they're just "hur durr wrong choice, die!"

Inganock is really great so far, I'm honestly not sure how I haven't picked it up before this. The writing is gorgeous. It has a poetic quality to it, which makes it really fun to read. The art has a unique feel to it and I haven't really seen anything quite like it before. It's hard to describe, the colors are bright in some places and neutral in others, and it has a sort of texture to it. The characters also tend to have an almost chibi look to them, which isn't something that I'm normally fond of, but inganock pulls it off really well. The world is probably the most interesting one I've ever seen in a visual novel, and the atmosphere is incredibly thick and easy to get sucked in to. It's an experience that you can't really get anywhere else, and I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for something outside of the standard visual novel box. Most of the gripes I have with it so far are small ones. I guess the main one would be that the sound quality is a bit low, and it could definitely do well with more tracks. With that said, the tracks that it has are pretty good, and that's far from enough to break the experience for me. Seeing how much I like Inganock and Gahkthun, Sona-nyl is going to be really hard to wait for. :vinty:

6 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Reveal hidden contents

68515.jpg
nW2Zq22.jpg
68516.jpg
gJEam7G.jpg
75844.jpg
2sH2Fz1.jpg
68514.jpg
vu2Hn7a.jpg

Did you just modify the pictures, because I can't find any in-game settings for such changes?

G senjou no maou

somehow finished truth ending in first play and idk about continue other route 

since idk what to feel after playing truth ending  . it has great love story and the epilogue part is so touching and im crying indeed . But sadly the ending didnt match the feels it gave and the potential it has .

sorry if this kinda weird but yeah somehow i need to talk about this or post what i had in my mind somewhere , since my emotinon still unstable after playing it

Finished Kokoro's route in Remember11, ending was ?????????,

I haven't gotten all of Kokoro's Bad Ends, but there was a particular one that was executed quite well imo. Kokoro's usually a 'think positive! you have to believe!' type of protagonist when the chips are down, and so it was just great to see her finally give up, curse the world, and laugh hysterically as her impending doom arrived in one particular end. Chills.

Starting Satoru's route soon^tm. Very interested in what the big mystery is. And goddamn the half n' half dual narrative, now I feel the need to reread Kokoro's route while reading Satarou's since they are opposite sides of the coin

still at kamidori and I have to say, this game has a lot of content, I'm 150+ hours in it and haven't even finished the second route <I'm on chapter 8 of the second route for quite a while> and it's still pretty fun, I can just grind away with some music or video in the background, and if you turn dungeon and combat animations off the grinding takes way less time, the story is nothing to write home about tho my only problem with it is....

so you get a dragon and a giant kraken and an angel commander and you get a grim fucking reaper, but they can all get killed by like a high level slime monster or some other ridiculos shit like that, it's kinda laughable when my dragon get's killed by a snek just because the enemies scale and he's low level

and on that note a little advice, do not scale the enemies for ng+ if you don't have ALL your party members at around the same level, otherwise it's gonna be just a fucking nightmare to level up your underpowerd characters

i really need to play something else for a bit before I get burned out and never finish the dam thing

9 hours ago, Rhaiser said:

I've started playing vn like only yesterday , currently playing koi to senkyo to chocolate.

Welcome to the fold :)

Playing KoiRizo still. On Sango's route first, because genki redheads (or I guess pink in this case, whatever) are my bag. My expectations were pretty low going into this game, but the game has defied my expectations by being decent. As anticipated, once you land in a route there's a whole lot of H, for better or worse. And the route drama does feel a little heavy-handed. I think I had more fun with the common route, than I'm having with the character route so far, despite being quite fond of this character, which has me a bit worried about the other routes, but I'll persevere. I'm definitely curious to see what this route's resolution looks like.

2 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

On Sango's route first, because genki redheads (or I guess pink in this case, whatever) are my bag [...]  I think I had more fun with the common route, than I'm having with the character route so far, despite being quite fond of this character, which has me a bit worried about the other routes, but I'll persevere. I'm definitely curious to see what this route's resolution looks like.

Sango's route is universally considered (by me) to be the worst of the lot, with way too much forced drama/psychobabble. So take heart! It can only get better from here. :) 

I enjoyed Sango's route, but given that I like Key nakige, me liking forced drama should not come as a surprise. As for the psychobabble and protag turning into some kind of shrink... I'm p. used to just going with it for a lot of things, and this is one of them lol. Actually the drama felt a bit more complex / unique than usual with the dynamics of having two heroines' relationship being just as important if not more than their relation to the MC.

13 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished Kokoro's route in Remember11, ending was ?????????,

I haven't gotten all of Kokoro's Bad Ends, but there was a particular one that was executed quite well imo. Kokoro's usually a 'think positive! you have to believe!' type of protagonist when the chips are down, and so it was just great to see her finally give up, curse the world, and laugh hysterically as her impending doom arrived in one particular end. Chills.

Starting Satoru's route soon^tm. Very interested in what the big mystery is. And goddamn the half n' half dual narrative, now I feel the need to reread Kokoro's route while reading Satarou's since they are opposite sides of the coin

1) shit is fucking great

2) do not, I repeat, do NOT move on to Satoru Route before getting all bad ends in Kokoro's route that you can. Shit becomes crazy grinding. (Isn't exactly necessary to do either way)

Finished rereading Kara no shoujo 2.

Story-8/10-The story was good , but that cliffhanger was able to be worse than kara no shoujo 1 and the mystery was weak ( better than cartagra , but still weak ).

Art-8/10-Really liked the art

Ost-7.5/10- it was good.

So this vn is a 7.8/10

Ps: Because of some issues that happen , i will only be able to start reading Flowers at Monday.

Thank you for reading this.

7 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

1) shit is fucking great

2) do not, I repeat, do NOT move on to Satoru Route before getting all bad ends in Kokoro's route that you can. Shit becomes crazy grinding. (Isn't exactly necessary to do either way)

Ya, that was some nasty grind. I got 90% of Kokoro's bad ends. The Yomogi one especially was eerie as FK, jeezus he's the last guy you'd ever want to lose his sanity.

I'm going through Satoru's route now while also ctrl skipping through Kokoro's so I can chronologicalize everything. Kokoro wasn't really too much of a thinker, so I'm loving Satoru's more analytical perspective on things, and his inner monologue regarding Kokoro's drawing-response is hilarious xD

yH31K3X.png (791×599)