What are you playing?

3 hours ago, SCG_1037 said:

Finished reading Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ , and here is a mini-review :mare:

Story-6/10- i will give it a higher score that i would , since i liked the sightseeing parts.

Art-5.5/10-Its ok 

OST-5/10- I did not care about the ost of this vn.

So this visual novel is a 5.5/10

Thank you for reading this.

I love your posts. I truly do.

I'm bored again, so I decided to play Mukou no Yume that Shota_Victory reviewed. The story was to be honest quite silly ie the older sister death without reason (Rather we don't know why), then her little sister decided to do suicide in order to meet with her older sister after saying something like there's no experiment object after the elder sister dead. Oh, and the sisters dead mom decided to ask some narcissistic man to look after her daughters or something like that. It's quite hard to comment on the story clearly, so let me said that this game was had the most awful engine here, no save function. Yes, you couldn't save on this game at all (Granted to complete this VN 15-20 minutes or so should be enough, but still). I think that's all for my elaboration to the game here.

To confirm Funyarinpa here, the reason I said the story was hard to comment was not because of the spoiler, but rather I didn't knew what to said seeing very simple story there. Oh, and the death part was not spoiler, it was featured quite early there. So I think that's nothing that worthy to give spoiler box there (Although maybe I should in the future).

For answering the title, I decided to continuing awfully machine translated Flyable Heart, and since I heard something bad about Mayuri's route guess I'll clear Mayuri's first.

Just finished the first route in Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-, apparently i did the routes in the wrong order and 

Spoiler

I got the... "Good End" of Mayuri's route, now i don't know if i am gonna keep playing as her route made me hate Rikka and i was not expecting the ending to be depressing... I was promised a cute yuri story!!!

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

For answering the title, I decided to continuing awfully machine translated Flyable Heart, and since I heard something bad about Mayuri's route guess I'll clear Mayuri's first.

You can really stomach that translation?! :o

I mean, I'm already quite the translation barbarian, but the one for Flyable Heart was too much even for me.

6 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

You can really stomach that translation?! :o

Well, I guess playing and finishing one route at Soukoku no Arterial with more awful machine translated narration patch will do that for me here. At least in Flyable Heart they didn't translated 'gomen' as noodle like back in Soukoku no Arterial there (I'm not lying here). Although they translated 'ganbatte' wrong here though (Technically they didn't wrong though if they use 'persevere' as the translation, but it's definitely very wrong word choice here).

As a result of one of my more questionable recent life choices, I've found myself playing KoiRizo. Only played maybe an hour so far, but a few things stand out so far:

• The intro feels a lot less artificial than I was expecting given the description and my expectations for subsequent content.
  • It's pretty cute.
  • I like the soundtrack. Latin-influenced music is a soft spot of mine, but is sadly very rare in VNs; I think the last time I heard any was Fal's theme in Symphonic Rain. It's a little out of place right now, but I'm betting it'll fit the game like a glove once the setting changes.

I may actually be a Pulltop fan and just didn't realize it until now. Shame about MoeNovel...

Finished rereading Cartagra ~Tsuki kurui no Yamai~ , and here is a mini-review :mare:

Story-7.5/10-I liked the story , but the mystery in this visual novel is kind of weak.

Art-6/10- its ok 

OST-8.5/10-Really liked the ost , if i had to say what was my favorite , it would be this one ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXsiKWz5X8 ) .

So this visual novel is a 7.3/10

Wow, while I agree about 'mistery being weak' I disagree about almost everything else. :D
I didn't liked the story, art is phenomenal in places and very good in other, music is 10/10, with exception of one, less good song - this one you linked. :D

But I wonder what you'll say about the best part of the series - Kara 2. ;)

I read route of this girl:
18736.jpg

In Period.

It was sweet, nice, little route with very 'strange' girl.
It had a potential to be something much, much more, but 'power of love' turned this girl into just another bland heroine with only 'labu-labu' on her mind.
Also - h scene. Great buildup, perfect mood, great music, nice dialogue and I was rooting for protag to kiss her (which is rarity) and... music stopped. And he didn't kiss her during that great sweet BGM. But then came h scene music. And instead of gentle, sweet, fitting kiss, there was typical disgusting slurping, laping and clicking orchestra of noises. And whole mood went to trash. And then awkward embarassed, but fortunatelly 'teasing-less' sex. Oh well. H scenes are worst things ever.

But that last 30 minutes of route. That last 5. My lungs were hurting from gasping. (HUGE spoilers)

Spoiler

Basically, this girl is some kind of Alien. (I was joking to my friend that she's so strange that basically bahaves like an alien and it helped me get accustomed to her strange behaviour.) Probably even some form of Alien Police to bring back fugitive Aliens, who live amongst humans. But that neat idea was completly omitted. Shame, but it's not hurting me much.

What hurt me was... Just wow. She went 'home', almost all memory of her wiped out from Earth. And 2 months later (it was like 10 minutes in VN), she came back. In her 'original form'. She basically looked like this:
WyNDd0Q.png

Like 6 years old. Not only it was shown in CG, but also in sprite, voice and text, so there is no mistake. Little child. But did protag care? Nope, slurping kisses. And they started living together. Its a reall shame that game do not show reactions of other characters. Especially protag friends, who are teasing him about everything. Would be hilarious. But no, pure, true love between protag and this girl. Love that transcendence even the boundries of putting mind of his beloved into a little child's body.
At last there was no h scene.

Sigh.

But still - nice, laid back, summer filled title. Nothing much, but overall pleasant read.
Also - Aoi, tomboy one, is stealing every scene she's in. Almost like Makina in Grisaias' common. Great character, wish to see more heroines like her (Aoi, not Makina).

Still working away at Fruit of Grisaia. I did end up deciding to just go with Michiru first...

Spoiler

Poor Meowmel. :(

Also, I couldn't help but keep noticing this face that Michiru was making. I know there's like a 0% chance that Frontwing was trying to get me to think, "Hey, she's making a Walter face!!", but here we are...

Reminds Me of Somebody_zpslvofivws.png

Playing Flyable Heart a bit more. Seeing 2 events from student council president I couldn't help but thinking is he play Higurashi too much (He was game addict) so much that he adopted 'water gun battle royale' from Tsumihoroboshi and 'zombie tag' from Onikakushi as school event here. For the route I'm going to Mayuri once again.

1 hour ago, SCG_1037 said:

Finished rereading Kara no shoujo.

Story-9/10-Loved it , but that cliffhanger  ( even knowing that its resolve in kns2 ) still pissed me off.

Art-6.5/10- it was ok.

Ost-8.5/10- really liked it.

So this vn is a 8/10

Eh, what?! You finished Kara no Shoujo in two days? :o

Do you use the skip button to reach your most comfortable reading speed?

8 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Eh, what?! You finished Kara no Shoujo in two days? :o

Do you use the skip button to reach your most comfortable reading speed?

I only use the skip button for stuff i already read (since there is the "skip previously  read option " i had no problem ) and also , and i think i read this at around 24 or 25 hours to read this ( first day , woke around 8 am or 9 am , went to sleep at 1 am and in the second day , woke around 10 am , finished reading around 5 am ) so yeah i was able to read this in two days , since i had a lot of free time (something i make sure before i start reading a visual novel ).

Thank you for reading this :sachi: 

15 minutes ago, SCG_1037 said:

I only use the skip button for stuff i already read (since there is the "skip previously  read option " i had no problem ) and also , and i think i read this at around 24 or 25 hours to read this ( first day , woke around 8 am or 9 am , went to sleep at 1 am and in the second day , woke around 10 am , finished reading around 5 am ) so yeah i was able to read this in two days , since i had a lot of free time (something i make sure before i start reading a visual novel ).

Thank you for reading this :sachi: 

Okay, I guess that means we can expect your review of Kara no Shoujo 2 at friday then. ^_^

Mh, i'm gonna do something i never do, review a game in two parts.

And by that, i mean danganronpa, i'm gonna judge the game for it's 2 aspects : the VN form and the game form.

so, here is the VN review of Danganronpa : happy trigger havoc.

so, the story is your typical survival game/battleroyale/shit hits the fan everyone knows(Battle royale, Higashi no eden, Mirai nikki, heck even american shit movies do the same thing now), where a bunch of ultimate something (there's a lack of ultimate fappist though), 15 survivors who have to try to escape a deadly situation and avoid killing each other. It's a kinetic novel, meaning there's no branching path, so i'm gonna review the entire story at once.

The artstyle is amazing, delicious, extremely beautiful, some of the characters are fine piece of art...that's about the character sprites, the actual CGs are...ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, psp-crap level, few are good, the rest of them are at soo low resolution, i don't understand the whole point of it.

The story is surprisingly good, as a survival game, it was entertaining, the interactions between each characters were cool..but the characters are uneven, some of them are really cool and interesting, others are...well, boring and useless, but still, the progression of the story, the mysteries of hope's peak academy and everything give you a motive to pursue your objective, it's a good story, nothing too fancy, but nothing bad either.

The writing is kinda easy to read, i actually appreciate the localization efforts, it's not the best texts ever, but it's not bad, i completely not regret the lack of naegi-kun or thing-chan, not at all.

so, my final verdict, if i consider Danganronpa as a VN, is...7.5/10, it's short, some characters are shit-tier, others are amazing, it's definitely a good ride.