What are you playing?

I am still working on Everlasting Summer. I have gotten most of then endings now and have been enjoying myself, although I'm surprised that most of the bad endings were still pretty good; out of the 5 bad ending I went for, three of them were still good, one was extremely short (like two lines), and one was an actual bad ending. I hope more things will be explained in the last few endings. I am just starting Miku's route...apparently the game suddenly changed her name from Miku to Masha for some reason? Weird. 0.o

The one good thing to come out of the whole Karakara shitstorm yesterday was that I remembered Karakara exists. I picked it up last night, and finished it just now. It's the new record holder for shortest VN I've played (it took me maybe three hours?), but man, it was really good. It was kind of reminiscent of eden* but a lot more upbeat, which is a powerful combination for me. In addition to the story and characters, I absolutely loved the art and character design. To cap it off, the translation was great as well, which made for a nice change of pace after Corona Blossom. All in all, Karakara really nailed it on all fronts; one of the better games I've played in a while.

I'm so smh at Shirou right now, c'mon this is HEAVEN'S FEEL, YA KNOW, SAKURA'S ROUTE AND HER TIME TO SHINE. 

SO WTF ARE YOU DOING FANTASIZING A FULL ON H-SCENE WITH TOHSAKA!?@>#?

Oh. plot. :illya: 

Spoiler

huRRfQM.jpg (511×339)

Creepy as fuh... but I'd still tap that :miyako:

~~

16 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

The one good thing to come out of the whole Karakara shitstorm yesterday was that I remembered Karakara exists. I picked it up last night, and finished it just now. It's the new record holder for shortest VN I've played (it took me maybe three hours?), but man, it was really good. It was kind of reminiscent of eden* but a lot more upbeat, which is a powerful combination for me. In addition to the story and characters, I absolutely loved the art and character design. To cap it off, the translation was great as well, which made for a nice change of pace after Corona Blossom. All in all, Karakara really nailed it on all fronts; one of the better games I've played in a while.

9/10 hori shi, I gave it a 6 cuz I'm too old to enjoy nice things anymore.

Btw, you forgot the most important part: Lucia or Aisia?!@#

Finishing Majo Koi trial, and let me said that MC there was quite a playboy there. Although his sweet word was quite cheesy there (Such thing like 'It's your fault because your too cute' there), I'll just recommended don't think too much of why all girls fallen in love with MC there even his word was quite cheesy. Oh, for the premise we had Alice who somehow pick some sort of magical diary which decipted MC life. Since there's so many sex scene, Alice though it was an erotic diary there, especially with the girls was also in real life. I think for now it's quite interesting (Especially with demon), although it's stll long way before Majokoi finished though. Oh, and here we had the youngest and quite cute headmistress there (Also school director there), don't ask me of how's that work in real life. I'll write more when the full translation patch for Majokoi released.

Next time I'll try to playing Just Desert, because this VN was from Indonesia and the sprite was quite interesting. I'll comment this latter.

PS - Forgot to said before, but thanks for funding KARAKARA to Fredthebarber here.

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

So there is substance behind the moecrappy-surface... is really there?

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

9/10 hori shi, I gave it a 6 cuz I'm too old to enjoy nice things anymore.

It was either going to be the lowest of my 9/10s or the highest of my 8/10s. Decided to give it the higher one because I really couldn't find anything lacking from it. It didn't have the special magic to get to 10, of course, but it didn't have any flaws to bring it down to an 8.

I think you meant to say you're too young to enjoy nice things :sachi:

2 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

So there is substance behind the moecrappy-surface... is really there?

Yeah, definitely. I was really suspicious of this one from the get-go as well — something about the promo materials and the first impression of the art does make it look rather moecrappy, as you put it. But once I was in the game, I loved it; it was a genuinely great read, for me. Given the setting, I was pleased how little time it spent on infodumps (there was arguably one, that lasted about three lines?), and how much time it spent just fleshing out characters. In many ways, it really is like a more positive eden*. The characters are a lot more real than they are moe, by the way, especially Lucia. Which reminds me...

Btw, you forgot the most important part: Lucia or Aisia?!@#

Lucia, obviously. Is there any actual debate here?

Currently reading Noble Works. I like it so far. Reminds me of Princess Evangile which I enjoyed. Not sure which one I like more... I have gone back to my weird predilection for no finishing one route before starting another, mostly because I can't decide who I like more: Maya or Akira. I like the fact that so far there is basically no real drama to speak of (I doubt it will stay this way for the rest of the novel) mostly because right now I need something that is just a feel good read. Don't know if I will read all the routes as I can't say I find all the heroines particularly interesting. *cough* Shizuru *cough*

Da Capo : So TexasDice wasn't wrong...'cause Nemu's route is utter crap too (the third...after Mako's and Sakura's). The drama was overlong (never-ending ennui, boredom) and kinda maddening. Or maybe i'm fed up of reading routes about (non-blood related) incest... :makina:  

Edited by Canicheslayer

1 hour ago, Canicheslayer said:

Da Capo : So TexasDice wasn't wrong...'cause Nemu's route is utter crap too (the third...after Mako's and Sakura's). The drama was overlong (never-ending ennui, boredom) and kinda maddening. Or maybe i'm fed up of reading routes about (non-blood related) incest... :makina:  

Yeah, IIRC Da Capo is constantly like "INCEST but dw guys it's not really incest"

Haters gonna hate, Nemu is life.  <3 wincest.

Well, to be fair - neither Nemu or Sakuras' routes are very good - but they have decent feels, and are the best of a bad bunch. :sachi: That, and there's that one scene where most of Nemu's dialogue gets bleeped out - I love that scene. :illya:

DC2 is much better then DC1 overall - with exception to Kokoro's route - that one is just a exercise in frustration~

In the final stretch of Heaven's Feel,

• TAKE THAT SHINJI!!! GODDAMN FKING FINALLY!!! THIS GUY THE WORST INFERIORITY-SUPERIORITY-COMPLEX-FODDER-GUY-THATS-NEEDS-TO-DIE-ASAP EVER
  • Sakura plays the damsel in distress pretty well, I usually tire of these types of heroines, but the camaraderie among the cast and decisions that had to be made are quite fun
  • The horror aspect was pretty thrilling throughout, I was actually in sync with Shirou's denial-of-the-obvious right to the bitter end
  • For once, G-man became fodder, rekt
  • Though, route enjoyment overall kinda dipped with Saber's MIA. Really felt like something was missing. And Shirou requesting Rider to not pronounce his name the same way as Saber was ;-;

Oh, and:

nskSeO8.png (783×339)

sGrnhSL.png (787×433)

LOL SORRY RIN </////333 I'M STILL HIGH OFF OF DEM ILLYA FAVORITISMNESS :kosame::kosame::kosame::kosame::kosame::kosame::illya:

I just finished the first Phoenix Wright game and it was really good. I normally avoid VNs with gameplay elements, but I decided to make an exception for this one and boy, am I glad I did. The cross-examinations were all a blast, and the characters were really charming and memorable, even if they weren't necessarily deep. Even though the tone and story aren't the sort of thing that's normally up my alley, it was still a great time and the ending put a really big dumb smile on my face. I'm also reading ever17. It's good so far, though I haven't been enjoying it as much as other people seemed to. I've finished Tsugumi's route, which was quite suspenseful and interesting even though I'm not particularly fond of her as a character. I'm almost done with Sora's route, which I like quite a bit less, but it's far from bad and again, has many interesting plot elements even if there are things that bother me about it. I hear that a lot of the "meat" of it is in Coco's route, so I'm definitely planning on finishing and I look forward to reading that route a lot. Sorry if this post is a jumbled mess, it's pretty late where I am:amane:.

Finishing nagamori's route on ONE, my god it's awful, I'm cringing while reading it... it's the childhood friend route but this one goes beyond bad, the heroine is like a puppet with no brain just for the sake of the main character, I can't even finish it :( how low can she go for him...it's pathetic almost sickening :vinty: the only way to redeem this route is by telling the reader that she has some kind of weird mental pathology who loves to be treated like shit, yes that's it, a psychological problem explanation would fix this route xD

I did it bois, finally finished Fate/Stay Night after centuries of delays :wafuu:

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it was an overall very enjoyable read. Will admit, after suffering through the mildly lackluster Fate route, my expectations for Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel sank rock bottom, but each subsequent route managed to add meaningful lore, character depth, and present interesting contrasting beliefs resulting in a fulfilling experience

Fate suffered from being the 'intro' route- you don't get too much info about the Holy Grail War & overall universe, and the heroine of the route Saber gets heavily stagnated by Shirou's infuriating "You're a girl, so you shouldn't fight!" belief.

UBW rectifies this- Shirou ain't head over heels for Saber this time so yippee, no Saberblocking. But who cares about Saber- Archer takes the spotlight this time, and after a series of Wtf-is-this-guy-doing?! you will finally realize his game and ohh shit, things just got personal!! And of course there's Shirou x Rin, and you guys should know how much bias I have for that girl by now >.>

Heaven's Feel.... it'll drag a couple characters that felt pretty side-charactery up 'til now into the main plot... and damn, the atmosphere throughout this one can get pretty eerie and creepy. It'll also reveal some "Wtf, there's more?" lore about the Holy Grail, and there's some choices Shirou has to make that completely defy what he would've done in other routes, so it's pretty thrilling.

That being said, the characters are what made this VN for me. From Saber's undying loyalty to Rin's incessant teasing, this cast is definitely one of the more entertaining bunch with many ups and downs and it was a pleasure to witness their story.

8.5/10

Misc. Stats:

• Best route: Unlimited Blade Works > Heaven's Feel >>>>>>>>> Fate
  • Best girl: Rin >>> Saber > Illya > Sakura
  • Best Servant: Archer > Saber >>> Rider > Lancer > Berserker >>> Caster > Assassin 

TL;DR:
RmPpug4.png (795×336)

• Best route: Unlimited Blade Works > Heaven's Feel >>>>>>>>> Fate
  • Best girl: Rin >>> Saber > Illya > Sakura
  • Best Servant: Archer > Saber >>> Rider > Lancer > Berserker >>> Caster > Assassin 

Agreed on most of this. You forgot about Assassin and Archer, though, and Lancer is clearly way cooler than Rider.