What are you playing?

i've finally made some progress and finished the common route in Hello Lady! and man...the amount of hype after the 2nd OP is just unreal.

the protagonist has been amazing so far,it's safe to say that's he's one of the better aspects of the game.

and apparently i've gotten myself into sorako's route which is great too:

Spoiler

b09096a2b6.jpg

looking forward to how this is going to unfold

I'm super late, but I guess I'm finally joining the Sakuuta circlejerk. :holo: Only on the second chapter so I can't really say much, but so far the comedy is great and the Wilde references pleasantly unsettling. Also Ai best girl. :yumiko:

3 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Would you guys recommend going through the Tiger Dojo segments? There's a weird disclaimer warning you of it ruining character images and whatnot

Definitely read them, they're one of the best parts of the VN. They also serve as a sort of motivator to get the bad endings - and also give you hints on how to avoid them, so you don't need a walkthrough either.

3 hours ago, HMN said:

i've finally made some progress and finished the common route in Hello Lady! and man...the amount of hype after the 2nd OP is just unreal.

Told you, easily the best moment in the entire VN. :wafuu: Also the order isn't forced after all? Hm... well, I recommend at least going Tamao > Eru >Saki after this, since there is sort of a progression to the routes overall.

Yeah, those Tiger Dojo segments are really... something. 

I got my second bad end. I was trolled ._.  "GOGO SAVE SABER!!!" -> WAIT, WHAT? STOMACH WAS BLOWN AWAY??? -> RELOAD!!! -> Run away this time! -> Bad End. gg

Apparently there's a big branch based on whether you choose to cooperate with Rin or not. Too many choices!@#

I'm still gonna play blind, and since I'm a helpless Rin idolizing tool I'm gonna do everything her way first and see how it turns out 

...It's fun teasing the hell out of her though, so forgive me if I happen to go visit Sakura instead of meeting Rin on the roof during lunch :sacchan:

4 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Yeah, those Tiger Dojo segments are really... something. 

I got my second bad end. I was trolled ._.  "GOGO SAVE SABER!!!" -> WAIT, WHAT? STOMACH WAS BLOWN AWAY??? -> RELOAD!!! -> Run away this time! -> Bad End. gg

Apparently there's a big branch based on whether you choose to cooperate with Rin or not. Too many choices!@#

I'm still gonna play blind, and since I'm a helpless Rin idolizing tool I'm gonna do everything her way first and see how it turns out 

...It's fun teasing the hell out of her though, so forgive me if I happen to go visit Sakura instead of meeting Rin on the roof during lunch :sacchan:

I only played maybe one or two of the Tiger Dojo segments when I was playing the game, but I kinda regret it. It's a tough call - on the one hand, I expect they hurt the serious mood a little bit. On the other hand, the tiny bit of them I've seen was pretty hilarious.

Definitely do it without a walkthrough. This is a good game for that. There are two additional endings you can go back for later, for both of which you'd want a walkthrough, but personally I didn't even enjoy them. The true endings for each route, which are where you'll end up when you don't get a bad ending, pretty much guaranteed, are better.

9 hours ago, Vokoca said:

Told you, easily the best moment in the entire VN. :wafuu: Also the order isn't forced after all? Hm... well, I recommend at least going Tamao > Eru >Saki after this, since there is sort of a progression to the routes overall.

haaaaaaai~ thanks for the advice.

also.....(NSFW-ish)

you know it's going to be good when it says "RIP" there 

On 7/19/2016 at 9:24 PM, Eclipsed said:

One thing that's annoying me atm is the superhero pacifist attitude of Shirou, I'm really itching for him and Saber to just go rekt people already ._.

But I finally got to see this face bois ^_^ 

Spoiler

4wnIdiF.jpg (799×597)

:saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber::saber:

What font are you using? That's a really nice clear font compared to w/e I used to use.

Must be the Realta Nua re-edit by Beast's Lair - that scene feels very un-Saber. (linguistically - that's a manner of speech that doesn't fit her character at all.)

6 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

What font are you using? That's a really nice clear font compared to w/e I used to use. Nust be the realta Nua re-edit - it feels very un-saber. (lingusitically)

Realta Nua version.

~~
Shinji... well, everything was expected out of that guy. Very meh.

I'm in the middle of dealing with Illya.... she legit scares me. I've never felt this wary of a character in all of my VN career ._. 

Just so fking eerie how casual / innocent she is  regarding the Holy Grail War

@Eclipsed I really respect Nasu for how he presented her personality, all angles of it possess sharp contrasts - inferring her various roles. A girl, a mage, a noble, etc~

EDIT: Finished Dangaronpa - pretty much went the way I thought it would :sachi: Overall I found it enjoyable - gonna start up the second after a bit of a break.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

I'm in the middle of dealing with Illya.... she legit scares me. I've never felt this wary of a character in all of my VN career ._. 

Join forces with her when she asks you. I can asure you, Illya will be very, very happy and it'll be a one of a kind experience. :illya:

Just don't forget to save, Illya's affection can be fairly definitive...

53 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Join forces with her when she asks you. I can asure you, Illya will be very, very happy and it'll be a one of a kind experience. :illya:

Just don't forget to save, Illya's affection can be fairly definitive...

Worth, just to see this pure blissful reaction :illya:
0nCebBo.jpg (235×246)
They even have the gall to play "Heart's Chime" like its some moege happy True End, gg.

~~
And hoh boy, them H-scenes
h0Xhiyl.jpg (206×203)
Rin's a fking natural pr0n star, wtf

5 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Ilya is possibly the best character in the game. That probably won't become apparent until subsequent routes, though.

6 hours ago, SCG_1037 said:

Going to start  reading The House in Fata Morgana , i had bought this vn close to its release date but now is the only time i had the change to start reading it , i heard great things about this vn and if its no good , then i shall haunt everybody that wrote  a good review on this :makina:

Depends if you like tragic love stories or not. And if you're from Portugal you should be able to somewhat understand the ost... maybe...

So somehow I ended up picking Amagami again, and after 534535462 attempts I finally managed to ignore Rihoko ( :komari: ) and do a different route. Juggling Kaoru and shit-senpai Haruka at the moment... both because it is faster.... and because I want to see the terror that will follow. :pyaa: So far Kaoru is much better than I thought - Haruka is just as shit as ever though. Really not a fan of that attitude, and even less of a fan of what the MC turns into in that route.

Juggling with a bunch of titles after a returning interest for visual novels since a long time ago:

Umineko Chiru, Episode 5
Things started to slow down after the grand finale of episode 4, dragging the pace a little bit. Much like the other titles on this list, I took a long break before picking it up again (at episode 5, in this case), so returning to the VN where the story isn't that exciting kinda made me feel lazy to sift through it all. I miss the killing and the emotional drama from the first three episodes. Things also just aren't as fun without Beautrice's hyperbolic demeanor. Erika is 'okay', I suppose.

Spoiler

Can't wait to get to see her yandere side.

G-senjou no Maou
Finally got to the final chapter - and what a brilliant presentation to start it all off. Sure, I already accidentally discovered the big twist long ago, making it less than satisfactory than it would have been, but man, I love how the twist was presented. Everything was silent one moment and BAM, "Final Chapter - G-senjou no Maou" bursts out of the screen with the dramatic music as the twist unveils itself. Anyone unaware of the twist beforehand would probably have lost his nerve. It was really cool.

To be honest, I really didn't have much expectation after the spoiler was revealed. I was stuck between reading Tsubaki and Mizuha's route out of order because I skipped Tsubaki earlier because I just wasn't that into her and was more interested in Kanon, so I had to do some backtracking (after I discovered that I had accidentally stumbled onto Mizuha's route). I lost interest in the VN and all VNs in general shortly after, so returning to this title after such a long time did kinda feel like a chore as well.

G-senjou didn't really end up as my favorite title in the list, even when taking into consideration of the dramatic final chapter opening, and it probably wouldn't be by the end of it. I do enjoy how its ideals are less naive than stuff like Clannad and DaCapo, straying away from trite themes about the importance of family (aside from Tsubaki's token 'family' route because every VN has to have one of those), but there's just something iffy about the presentation of the novel that puts me off from enjoying the VN as much as its fans do. The characters are pragmatic, the story is intense, and the mystery is tightly wrapped (were it not for the revealed spoiler) so there's very little room for me to point out what exactly it is that I dislike about this VN. But there it is - 'meh' is how I feel. I might dive deeper in analysis after I finish reading it some weeks later - or months, depending on my busy schedule.

Or maybe it's because I read it out of order and Tsubaki's good end left a bad taste in my mouth, considering how cliche it is.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Latest Edition~ (Chinese Patched)
It's a bit challenging for me to read this because I'm not fluent enough in Chinese to grasp hold of all the complex idioms and phrases, but because of all the things I've heard about the twists and turns in this title, I just couldn't resist the temptation of picking up a complete patch right now, especially after watching the anime several years ago. I love deconstruction stories, how they turn the norm into something shocking or more realistic, so this one easily made my list of most wanted VNs. The English translation is taking forever, so I sucked it up and picked up the Chinese one instead.

So far, it's pretty okay. I haven't made it far yet, not even to the not-so-surprising twist approaching me. There was some festival, some classroom banter, the usual harem stuff for now. I remember how shocked when I was pulverized brutally with the twist at a very early episode of the anime, and when the real theme song began to play, it was brilliant. I love dramatic presentations like that. Hope the VN could at least achieve some semblance of that awesome moment.

euphoria
Haven't made any progress since I completed Rinne's route long ago, but I had to refresh myself since it's been a while and replayed the route again. Still as bizarre the second time.

Also, the big twist for this VN was spoiled for me too. Yeah, that seems to happen a lot for me. Need to stop searching for information regarding VN plots and characters. I think this spoiler was more detrimental to the reading experience than the G-senjou one though

Spoiler

because the true end makes the other routes redundant.

Sigh. I would kick myself right now if I could. I hate this.

Analogue: A Hate Story
I initially thought I would be bored just reading emails. Turns out... I was still kinda bored reading emails, but I managed to make it to about 80% completion of this short-length title, so it's not bad. Other VNs, I usually don't bear an annoyance to the characters - yes, even Tsubaki - but this one, I just find Hyun-ae kinda annoying. I understand where she's coming from and all, but her diary entries just make her sound like she's some whiny brat throwing her temper around. I'm not one to support nonsensical social etiquette that makes no sense myself, but her way of handling the adults are just impractical and, well, kinda nuts.

Spoiler

I mean, she did commit mass-genocide.

Second worst of all, after opening Mute's questions, you're locked onto the route of whichever AI you had opened the questions in front of. That's not the worst part - the actual worst of all is that I was forced to choose "I trust you, you crazy woman" in response to Hyun-ae or be forced to see a game over without unlocking any of the five endings. Wow. Even the 'download' command had unlocked one of the endings. That just feels like lazy design to me. Couldn't I at least have some kind of neutral option, like, "Uh, I don't know if I should trust you after what you did"? Man.

Thank god it's a short VN.

Aoishiro, Corpse Party, 9 Hours 9 People 9 DoorsVA-11 Hall-A
Haven't got to any of these VNs yet, but I recently acquired all of them, so I might play them soon.

VNs I might consider acquiring soon
- Ever11
- Remember11
- Possibly Muv-Luv Extra, depending on how I feel about its spin-off prequel of sorts, KimiNozo.

Yep. Got quite a lot on my plate. Hope I'll stay in this reading mood for a long while... this time.

Finished Fate's route

Uhh

6/10 so far, some of the end game plot revelations regarding the Holy Grail were underwhelming and expected, the drama between Saber and Shirou with his whole "I know what you want better than you do!" was absolutely meh, and the big baddies' "I'm evil for the lulz" was just ._.

I would've preferred more confrontations with the other Masters and Servants, more Rin and Archer, hell even more Illya. The route kinda just went downhill after her arc.

23 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished Fate's route

Uhh

6/10 so far, some of the end game plot revelations regarding the Holy Grail were underwhelming and expected, the drama between Saber and Shirou with his whole "I know what you want better than you do!" was absolutely meh, and the big baddies' "I'm evil for the lulz" was just ._.

I would've preferred more confrontations with the other Masters and Servants, more Rin and Archer, hell even more Illya. The route kinda just went downhill after her arc.

Better luck next route  :sachi:  One thing I can say I really liked about that route, even if I really dislike his mentality and ideals (or at least how he goes about it/thinks of himself)

"---- This path, I don't believe it's the wrong one." "---- I see. Then you..." "I don't need the Holy Grail. I can't stray from the path for the people I've left behind"

I really respect that preseverance, even if I disagree with him.

The thing I like about FSN so much, is finding the parallels (at least for me) I like to see how everyone is connected - either just through my perception, or objectivaly.

"I know what you want better than you do!"- God, that whole thing made me want to slap the hell out of him. You'll find that a common theme for him, he's surprisingly selfish, under the guise of selfless. Things get good/interesting when he finally realizes this for himself. You'll just have to wait and see. :illya:

3 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished Fate's route

Uhh

The good news for you is that Fate is the worst route :sachi:

Just started up Dangaronpa 2... Gotta say, very early impressions are not good at all - it's feeling veeeerrryyy forced. we'll see though, maybe I just find the sprites abit jarring, scine they are very clearly a blend of the previous cast, just ...different... in some ways.

Think my real beef is just how fast it hopped to the island - it feels like lazy writing, or perhaps it'll make sense later "shrug".

"... leave me alone." hoooh boy, I can tell this protag is gonna be a real winner. :makina:  complaints aside, should be a interesting read - I'm just being nitpicky, I'm interested to see if some of my early suspicions about the plot are groundless or not.

1 hour ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Just started up Dangaronpa 2... Gotta say, very early impressions are not good at all - it's feeling veeeerrryyy forced. we'll see though, maybe I just find the sprites abit jarring, scine they are very clearly a blend of the previous cast, just ...different... in some ways.

Think my real beef is just how fast it hopped to the island - it feels like lazy writing, or perhaps it'll make sense later "shrug".

"... leave me alone." hoooh boy, I can tell this protag is gonna be a real winner. :makina:  complaints aside, should be a interesting read - I'm just being nitpicky, I'm interested to see if some of my early suspicions about the plot are groundless or not.

Danganronpa 2 is better than DR1 in every way except setting and tone, but then again DR1 didn't utilize its more oppressive atmosphere effectively (I mean the school and being trapped etc., DR is too wacky for its own good at times), so DR2 is leaps and bounds ahead of the first.