What are you playing?

Ah, I see. Didn't actually read Kai in VN-form yet, so I completely missed that part of the story. :x Ah I can't wait to get to Kai, and the new ending arc specifically~

On Tatarigoroshi-hen meanwhile. Still just at Satoko's route; at the baseball game, nothing bad happening yet. That voice acting during the coercion scene though, oh god I'm dying. :D I can't decide whether I love or hate Keiichi's voice, but it's killing me eithe rway. 

On a side note, the TIPS section actually apears to have new entries completely even in the original arcs, since Onikakushi unlocked one featuring a character that I'm pretty sure wasn't in the original Higurahsi at all (forgot her name, but Ooishi's police friend). Also some of the TIPS honestly feel like they're straight out lying to your face. :P

Is Mayo's route just the obligatory loli route, or is it actually interesting?  I'm coming up on hers pretty soon, so I'm a little curious.  Mare's route in Hoshimemo made me wary of loli routes...it was so bad...

the next one.  If you try and take it seriously most of the time, you're gonna be quite disappointed.

^You should pull an Abyssal and just rampage some VN thread nitpicking all of its flaws and boasting about how you can guess its predictability and whatnot >.>

As soon as I get some recs from my hastily crafted recommendations thread I shall edit this post to say what I have chosen.

Edit: Most likely my lighthearted funtime Harukoi Otome. As for my drama+mystery... still deciding b.w Kara no Shoujo and Ever17.

Finally finished Mashiro Summer after over 2 months of sporadic reading. It was actually a decent game, save for one route, which was kind of awful. It's too bad not many people seem to have played it, because it actually had some unique ideas (at least, from what I could tell). 

I'm still plowing through Majikoi in terms of English VNs, but I plan to start Midori no Umi as my next Japanese VN tomorrow.

So I started playing Yu-No. Some very early knee-jerk impressions based only on the prologue: I hate the protagonist, and I hate the dialog. I don't know, I just can't bring myself to enjoy the conversations these people have, and the way the dialog is written kind of gets on my nerves. It flows at such a weird pace, and I find it difficult to actually care and I find myself just kind of skimming past it. Overall, a pretty bad first impression. But maybe this is all because it's introducing all of the characters and it will get better once more things start happening. I'll soldier on because this game is so well loved.

regarding yume miru, its a short & nice vn, though it could have been way better.with all the serious problems the charcters are facing throughout the story i expected a little bit more. sometimes it felt horribly rushed & the difficulties were to easily overcome. not to mention the non existant sister route, which has been cut out for reasons...

Finished Ayaka's route in Harukoi Otome and starting Sonya's route. Not bad so far, the jokes in this one are pretty funny and Sonya herself is pretty cute, maybe I'll get lucky and end this on another good route. While I don't outright hate this game so far I will admit it's going to be a real relief to have this reviewed and off my backburner (and freeing up hard drive space).