What are you playing?

I started reading Sharin no Kuni. The beginning was really bizarre, they just drop some weird stuff and characters on you. I got better pretty quickly though.

One thing that annoys me is that the straight looking faces of the heroines are kind of awful. And they look so cute and nice while looking sideways...  

I was reading Moro's route, aaaaaaand some wild feels appeared.

UO9MgiE.png

I'm glad I read Wanko's route first, or this would've completely gone over my head.  Makes me wonder if I missed anything in the other side routes because of the order I read them in.  I've gotta reread Majikoi at some point in the future.

Glad I haven't read Moro's yet.

I plan on reading Wanko's route next followed by Ume-sensei's and Moro's routes and then the Agave route.

Currently I'm on Mayo's route.

My speed should increase now as my exam got over today.

Since I am incapable of sticking with a vn unless I have a set goal to achieve (vn club how I miss thee) I am currently playing little witch romanesque and sunrider when I feel like playing a vn...which sadly is not all that often right now. I've been playing these games since the beginning of the year and are not very far at the moment in either; thanks work.

I started reading Sharin no Kuni. The beginning was really bizarre, they just drop some weird stuff and characters on you. I got better pretty quickly though.

One thing that annoys me is that the straight looking faces of the heroines are kind of awful. And they look so cute and nice while looking sideways...  

Yeah, Sharin no Kuni is pretty strange.  It ends up getting quite serious towards the ends of each of the girls' stories (not saying routes because of the way the plot is presented), but it kinda resets back to being absurd when you start on the next one.

Glad I haven't read Moro's yet.

I plan on reading Wanko's route next followed by Ume-sensei's and Moro's routes and then the Agave route.

Currently I'm on Mayo's route.

My speed should increase now as my exam got over today.

Is Mayo's route just the obligatory loli route, or is it actually interesting?  I'm coming up on hers pretty soon, so I'm a little curious.  Mare's route in Hoshimemo made me wary of loli routes...it was so bad...

the next one.  If you try and take it seriously most of the time, you're gonna be quite disappointed.

After finishing Eustia I started up Higurashi Sui. I like how they animated the mouths, and the animations actually sync up to the text pretty well so I guess I don't mind that they just re-used the same old sprites. Everything else is just the usual Higurashi goodness. I'm probably not going to get very far since I'm really not ready for another really long game after Eustia so I'm actually going out to buy '&' today since 1. I wanted RuiTomo but nowhere local has it and 2. It's medium length (10-30 hours) and by the same folks/set in the same world as RuiTomo

oh and 3. has really adorable characters

Anyway one thing I wanted to ask from people who already know the entirety of Higurashi's story:

(spoilers for multiple big plot points:)

Why/how is Hanyuu apologizing to Keiichi in the opening scene? He's on the train coming back from the big city... did Hanyuu follow him there? At first I thought she could just sort of be omni-present in the area, but then I remembered that people can actually hear her footsteps so she has to actually BE in a place. Is she apologizing because Keiichi's going away and catching the syndrome is the catalyst for a lot of the bad things that happen later? Seems kind of pre-emptive, and it's weird that Rika would send Hanyuu away with Keiichi to the city. Do they ever explain later on why this is?

The only negative thing I can think of to say about Higurashi Sui is that for some reason they have the game's watermark in the back of the text box and it's kind of distracting just having it floating there all the time.

Anyway one thing I wanted to ask from people who already know the entirety of Higurashi's story:

(spoilers for multiple big plot points:)

Why/how is Hanyuu apologizing to Keiichi in the opening scene? He's on the train coming back from the big city... did Hanyuu follow him there? At first I thought she could just sort of be omni-present in the area, but then I remembered that people can actually hear her footsteps so she has to actually BE in a place. Is she apologizing because Keiichi's going away and catching the syndrome is the catalyst for a lot of the bad things that happen later? Seems kind of pre-emptive, and it's weird that Rika would send Hanyuu away with Keiichi to the city. Do they ever explain later on why this is?

Okay I answered without finishing the 8th arc. Still rereading it, really.

Anyway, you wouldn't really know that it was Hanyuu at the start, no? So like, I thought she could do stuff on her own, so that's why she followed Keiichi and stuff. I bet she was saying sorry because he'll be sucked into this mess, the time loop and what not. He'll be playing an important role in the loop anyway, so I bet Hanyuu was saying sorry to him for using him to get out of the loop or something. I don't think it was ever explained. I might reread though, so I'll get back to that once I'm finished.

I've just finished Clover Day's common route. I've got to say it really impressed me. It was short (just 3 days) and this can be good or bad (depending of the quality of the routes), as it leaves more space to the routes. There were a lot of flashbacks and it had a nostalgic mood. There were also a lot of heartwarming moments. This common route is different from other common routes, because there is a lot of "important" stuff happening, not just hints.

The soundtrack was really good: while there was no song that I LOVED, there was hardly any song that annoyed me. The heroines were good too (there wasn't a single one I can say I disliked, but also there wasn't one that I fell in love with). And the protagonist... I don't know what to say (he kind of had a good character development, but at the same time he was REALLY REALLY perverted and he was also a complete jerk sometimes).

But there were two flaws: all the characters, except the teacher were perverted. Yes, all of them. And this really got on my nerves. And another flaw: excessive comedy. It can be good for people who like it, but I'm not really a fan of comedy.

I'm really looking forward to the routes. I hope they're really good, because this game definitely has potential. I'm just afraid because there was no romance in the common route, so this means all the slow and introductory part will be in the routes. But if they handle it well... Also, there was no "real" plot, so it's kind of good, because it means it won't get in the middle of the heroines' routes. I'll be anxiously waiting for Yakusoku Translations to release another patch. And I recommend it for all those who like to read partial patches.

I've just finished Clover Day's common route. I've got to say it really impressed me. It was short (just 3 days) and this can be good or bad (depending of the quality of the routes), as it leaves more space to the routes. There were a lot of flashbacks and it had a nostalgic mood. There were also a lot of heartwarming moments. This common route is different from other common routes, because there is a lot of "important" stuff happening, not just hints.

The soundtrack was really good: while there was no song that I LOVED, there was hardly any song that annoyed me. The heroines were good too (there wasn't a single one I can say I disliked, but also there wasn't one that I fell in love with). And the protagonist... I don't know what to say (he kind of had a good character development, but at the same time he was REALLY REALLY perverted and he was also a complete jerk sometimes).

But there were two flaws: all the characters, except the teacher were perverted. Yes, all of them. And this really got on my nerves. And another flaw: excessive comedy. It can be good for people who like it, but I'm not really a fan of comedy.

I'm really looking forward to the routes. I hope they're really good, because this game definitely has potential. I'm just afraid because there was no romance in the common route, so this means all the slow and introductory part will be in the routes. But if they handle it well... Also, there was no "real" plot, so it's kind of good, because it means it won't get in the middle of the heroines' routes. I'll be anxiously waiting for Yakusoku Translations to release another patch. And I recommend it for all those who like to read partial patches.

you should consider dropping it soon if you can't handle the level of comedy in common route, because it will be the same in heroine routes)

I can handle it. Despite all the pervertedness and comedy in the common route, i still like it a lot.

Just finished Anzu route btw, look like it's the "true" route, explaining everything about Yuuto's past and the mysterious imouto Nodoka.

Anri next~

Did you read it using Machine Translators? Don't like 'em because I like to play full-screen.

Just finished Anzu route btw, look like it's the "true" route, 

Hm... I wonder what Heikiru/Hikaru route will be like, because Heikiru felt like the main heroine, even if it was Anzu. Seriously, almost all the plot there was in the common route was about her (but Anzu got some too, and the other heroines nothing? They completely ignored the others), even some character development was around her. She's like a central piece because she and her parting were the trigger of most of the main events.

Hm... I wonder what Heikiru/Hikaru route will be like, because Heikiru felt like the main heroine, even if it was Anzu. Seriously, almost all the plot there was in the common route was about her (but Anzu got some too, and the other heroines nothing? They completely ignored the others), even some character development was around her. She's like a central piece because she and her parting were the trigger of most of the main events.

...Couldn't find a way to explain without spoiling the hell out of the plot, so I will have no comment on this  :lol:

Well my first impressions of & on the Vita are:

1. The voices are muffled

2. The second song you hear in the game is ridiculously painfully bad

3. The system is buggy, with one of the menus getting stuck on screen and requiring you to mess around in the menus to get rid of it

Also it dives right into the story with no intro screen or anything which isn't bad just odd.

Also the writing is obtuse but since it's by the same folks as RuiTomo which I've heard is one of the harder games to read I guess I was expecting that.

All in all I'm really hoping for something to reach out and grab me about this game because its first impression is pretty horrible.

I liked Sharnoth's ending, but a lot of people don't, so~.

XD I felt so awkward asking if I could get Umineko on MGs site. I mean, the first thing you see is a voluptuous girl in a skimpy bikini.

Thanks for that, haha. I praised it like crazy in my VNDB.

I guess I'll settle for what's on my laptop, maybe Symphonic Rain for a change of pace.

It's pretty easy to get prepaid credit cards or visa gift cards these days. In the US they sell them at corner stores and drug stores and you can be of any age. So my suggestion to the young'uns who want to buy sketchy stuff would be to go that route.

The real plots are all in heroine routes~

Just finished Anzu route btw, look like it's the "true" route, explaining everything about Yuuto's past and the mysterious imouto Nodoka.

Anri next~

(But seriously, you should consider dropping it soon if you can't handle the level of comedy in common route, because it will be the same in heroine routes)

This seems to be somewhat of a tradition with Alchemist games. I don't mind it, but it's definitely rather unique. :D

Also I really didn't know that was Hanyuu in the beginning, haha - there writing really made it seem like it just alluded to Onikakushi. Well,