What are you playing?

Finished Sumika's route in Muv-Luv. I thought that it was good. Not great, but just good.

Honestly though I saw the twist that 

it was with Meyia who Takeru made the promise to marry

since about a quarter of the way through the game. Ehh, I enjoyed it none the less. 

aSN7E6Ms.png

And that h-scene! Man, that was painful just reading! I know that it was her first time, but ouch! It sounded like a horrible experience for her! But as I stated before, I enjoyed it none the less!  ;)

Going to take a break from Muv-Luv and go back to Rewrite to finish up the last route I have left. Akane

Done, done, dooooone!

Finally, Konosora can be marked as finished.

advhd2015-02-0123-53-rayc6.png

I postponed Amane's route for way too long, since I wasn't really interested in her character. But holy cow, is that the best route in the entire novel!

The good:

+ The english wasn't Ageha-bad (I actually laughed out loud at some point, because Tobioka suddenly became a woman).

+ The quality of the script is high. Way on top of the twins, which are just lackluster. 

+ Sensei Tobioka, the most pointless antagonist in the history of pointless characters, was actually used decently in this route, a feat none of the other four paths managed to pull off.

+ Everything related to Isuka is actually really important knowledge... 

The bad:

- ... and I still can't believe it's only brought up in this particular route.

- Too many off-screen happenings. I can't stand it, when a story makes a huge timejump and tries to please me with a sentence or two. (As an example, the protest against the demolition of the garage is actually something I wanted to see. Atleast give me a flashback instead of "Here's what happend: ..." ) 

- Yoru acted out of character and both twins had absolutely nothing to do. They're just adding some lines every now and then, to remind the audience about their existence. 

Conclusion:

8,5/10 feel-good novel with some minor flaws (Tobioka, the twins, Hotaru being a Fandisc route), but I cannot rate it higher than 7 with the translation being that much of a mess.

I'll surely read it again, after the patch guys released the fix... You know, in about five years or so... 

Next up on my list, is something with a similar heartwarming atmosphere: The other Amane! :amane: I really need to stop stalling the senpai-routes, for fucks sake...  I'm actually really interested to learn, what her thing is. It's gonna be great.

Flutterz told me that it was unique, thanks to the strange structure, so I knew about that a little bit.  I was also told not to use a walkthrough, since it would spoil things more than most VNs.

Have to say, so far it's reminding me a little bit of Sharin no Kuni, what with the general feeling of, well, strangeness in the beginning.  The protag seems to like spouting seemingly nonsensical things, which is mostly what I'm getting that feeling of similarity from.

And if you have luckily not read the summary/preview for Cross Channel already, avoid it at all costs. The preview contains a spoiler which ruins the prologue of the game. I had read the preview and I regretted it soo much.

Still playing Ayakashibito (really long, but thats what I wanted ;) ) ... I'm now in the middle of the Suzu route. Mostly I enjoy that VN but I also have to say that there are now a lot of things they bother me.... Well a few hours and I'm done with that thing, more from me then.

Oh I know that feeling.

It's just sitting there looking pretty in my backlog.

I just want to get insulted by Audrey already.

Great, a fellow masochist!  :sachi:

As for myself, I am still experiencing the feels:

xfqg3q.jpg

PS: Does anyone know any VN's that have characters similar to Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete's Amane? The combination of genius/airhead is pretty damn interesting, but a (female) character who is just extremely dense when it comes to love/dating in general would also be fine.

PS: Does anyone know any VN's that have characters similar to Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete's Amane? The combination of genius/airhead is pretty damn interesting, but a (female) character who is just extremely dense when it comes to love/dating in general would also be fine.

G-Senjou no Maou's Haru? She's an eccentric genius who also happens to be a total moron. And she's the game's main heroine.

I was debating on whether or not I was going to bother with this VN and thanks to your post I've decided to start reading it after I finish the ones I have lying around at the moment. Thanks!

I was debating on whether or not I was going to bother with this VN and thanks to your post I've decided to start reading it after I finish the ones I have lying around at the moment. Thanks!

You really should.

It was my first, and I do not regret it being my first.

It pulled me deeper into hell.

still playing cannonball and having fun reading it.

It is going a bit slow but ow well.

Just cant seem to decide what to read next though.

Eden* which i just bough of steam and then whent ahead and downloaded the non all ages version.

Fate/hollow atraxia, rewrite or yumina the ethernal.

As of now I'm at the 4th chapter of Chaos;Head and, since I saw the anime first some years ago, I must say that I completely understand why some people find it bad in comparison to the VN.

The VN is much much better than the anime in my opinion!! And since I don't remember all the elements that were in the anime it's as if I was reading a completely new story :)

As of now I'm at the 4th chapter of Chaos;Head and, since I saw the anime first some years ago, I must say that I completely understand why some people find it bad in comparison to the VN.

The VN is much much better than the anime in my opinion!! And since I don't remember all the elements that were in the anime it's as if I was reading a completely new story :)