What are you playing?

Doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.  Pretty sure Aaeru, the creator (I think?  Pretty sure, anyway) of Fuwa, got a C&D letter from Mangagamer's lawyer after they found out that she was fan translating it, and it ended with her dropping it, and I'm assuming some agreement was made that basically went along the lines of "If you try it again, we'll sue your ass into oblivion".  It's highly likely that they'd sue anyone else that would try, and the fact that they sent a C&D letter to a fan translator alone is probably enough to make it extremely unlikely that another group will try again.

TL;DR: Don't hold your breath.  If it's going to get translated, it'll only be through an official license.

All of that was before my time at Fuwa, or at least before I got active if I had already joined (I was kinda not really there, since I could barely play any VNs on a Mac), so if anyone could correct any false information I said, I'd be pretty grateful.

Aaeru IS indeed the creator of Fuwa, lol.

Da Capo is still being translated officially by Mangagamer, in fact one of their core member and translators, Kouryuu, is the one doing it. It's just that the game is long as fuck so it'll take a lot of time for it to be translated. You can follow the progress on the translation status of the blog.

Aeru was only served with a C&D after she refused to cooperate with MangaGamer. They actually wanted to work with her to translate the game but her, uhh, eccentric political views and a bunch of other nonsense got in the way and a deal couldn't be worked out.

Well, he's certainly correct in that you shouldn't expect it soon. MG is exaggerating DC3's length, it's not quite as long as they make it out to be, yet translation is still going at less than 1% a week. Kouryuu is taking his sweet time on it, which is odd since he's one of MG's few full-time employees. We can seriously expect it in maybe late 2016 at this rate. 

Well, Down beat me to it.

But I somehow knew, how that "yet" in my post was going to mislead everyone. :Kappa:  

Ah, thank you! That's good. I was worried I'd be buried in angst or love triangles again or something... Haha Koko route.. 

Wait a second, hold your horses and don't count yourself out of everything yet. While approach and tone are completely different, both routes do still share the same outline.

To be exact:

The love

triangle square (four people!) is still there, but it's told differently. Also, you won't see any more "I love you, but I can't say it, because of bus/car/cowardice/various other interruptions"-scenes.

Aeru was only served with a C&D after she refused to cooperate with MangaGamer. They actually wanted to work with her to translate the game but her, uhh, eccentric political views and a bunch of other nonsense got in the way and a deal couldn't be worked out.

Well, he's certainly correct in that you shouldn't expect it soon. MG is exaggerating DC3's length, it's not quite as long as they make it out to be, yet translation is still going at less than 1% a week. Kouryuu is taking his sweet time on it, which is odd since he's one of MG's few full-time employees. We can seriously expect it in maybe late 2016 at this rate. 

Yeah...somehow I missed that.  Never really got the full story, and pretty much had to piece it together myself based on what Aaeru posted and other random Fuwans said, so...not to surprising I only really got about 1/2-1/3 of the story.  I tend to not want to bother people...and that annoyingly tends to bite me in the ass.

Yay, I'm partially right!  :D

Aaeru IS indeed the creator of Fuwa, lol.

Da Capo is still being translated officially by Mangagamer, in fact one of their core member and translators, Kouryuu, is the one doing it. It's just that the game is long as fuck so it'll take a lot of time for it to be translated. You can follow the progress on the translation status of the blog.

I just said "pretty sure" to cover my ass  xD

Wow, they're at 32%-ish...don't know when they started, but people were talking about it in the future tense in 2013 on Mangagamer forums.  Not too speedy, I guess, but from what you guys have said, that's no surprise.

Reached chapter 7 of Chaos;Head.

I kind of hope I didn't open Vokoca's spoiler about 'The hand' scene. Kind of predicted it beforehand, and I wasn't that surprised. It was still intense though, I felt the need to cover my eyes with my hand. Thankfully, Takumi did it for me. -_-

Now, I think I will wait until weekend to play it again since I heard the game will crash if I saved in chapter 7.

I think I will continue playing Neko Para now.

Reached chapter 7 of Chaos;Head.

I kind of hope I didn't open Vokoca's spoiler about 'The hand' scene. Kind of predicted it beforehand, and I wasn't that surprised. It was still intense though, I felt the need to cover my eyes with my hand. Thankfully, Takumi did it for me. -_-

Now, I think I will wait until weekend to play it again since I heard the game will crash if I saved in chapter 7.

I think I will continue playing Neko Para now.

Oh damn, sorry. :( Thought it was removed from context enough to not be a spoiler at all, but I suppose it does put some expectations in your head no matter what it is.

Oh, also, one the topic of the translation-- playing the PSP version, I've noticed the first two chapter names are in English even in the Japanese version. Haven't gotten any further yet so I don't know about the rest, but it's probably safe to assume none of the chapter names were translated in the first place. :o

Oh damn, sorry. :( Thought it was removed from context enough to not be a spoiler at all, but I suppose it does put some expectations in your head no matter what it is.

Oh, also, one the topic of the translation-- playing the PSP version, I've noticed the first two chapter names are in English even in the Japanese version. Haven't gotten any further yet so I don't know about the rest, but it's probably safe to assume none of the chapter names were translated in the first place. :o

No, it's okay. I was at fault for opening the spoiler anyway >.>

Yeah, I expected that. Chapter 4 is Di-Sword, chapter 6 is Noah, and chapter 7 is psychopath (with lower case). I wouldn't be surprised if these are the original Japanese titles.

That would explain why only some of them were in english.

Well recently it's been damn hard to start a vn, I have Tsukihime and Hanachirasu but can't seem to go through them for some reason. And after thinking a while I guess a medium-length fantasy(not necessarily fantasy, anything with a really interesting plot will do) vn should be able to get me back into the mood for vns. Some help in this regard ?

Just finished the Unlimited Blade Works route in Fate/Stay Night.  I have to say that I like the way that each route builds off of the previous one.  It doesn't waste your time re-explaining things you already know, and instead reveals new mysteries and clarifies things that didn't make sense in the previous route.

Oh, and I've gotta say that it was pretty hilarious having both Shirou and Rin as tsunderes.

qVZugoF.png

I'm thinking of watching a couple episodes of the UBW anime before I tackle the Heaven's Feel route.

Oh, and I got a nice wallpaper out of that route as well:

vHj7H95.png

That would explain why only some of them were in english.

Well recently it's been damn hard to start a vn, I have Tsukihime and Hanachirasu but can't seem to go through them for some reason. And after thinking a while I guess a medium-length fantasy(not necessarily fantasy, anything with a really interesting plot will do) vn should be able to get me back into the mood for vns. Some help in this regard ?

try utawarerumono (hope i spelled that right) or tears to tiara if you have not played them yet.

I have already played Tears to Tiara. It had a lot of potential that it missed out on but it was good nonetheless. I especially liked it's lore. 

As for Utawarerumono, I was thinking for a vn without gameplay this time around.

I looked around a bit and Ayakashibito looks good. Can anyone tell me about it, especially about it's tone/atmosphere ?

I looked around a bit and Ayakashibito looks good. Can anyone tell me about it, especially about it's tone/atmosphere ?

Ayakashibito starts out dark, but sort of lightens up after a while.

The general tone is light, but it gets heavier as you progress through the routes. 

It's an action visual novel, so expect lots of fights and powers clashing with each other.

You'll come to like the characters, no worries.

I am currently wrapping up everything I haven't completed yet, to reach glorious 100% everywhere: Kanon (Mai), Konosora (Amane) and Grisaia (Amane). If you look closely, you might see a pattern...

Thought of the day:

Konosora is fantastic. I keep forgetting that sometimes, thanks to Moenovel. 'reading a fantastic route here and I should be kicking myself for postponing it that long.

@Eclipsed: I've seen you lurking around without something to read for atleast a week now and according to your VNDB, you haven't read Kira*Kira. Go forth and do it.  :kosame:

Played some more of Senshinkan - this has to be the first VN I've ever read where the girls go creeping on guys. :D Couldn't stop laughing at that scene - and when the always-serious MC got so pissed that he decided to go sneak up on them at night as revenge, I was practically just dying. :D The best part was that when they were making their plan, the super seirous evil chuuni music was playing in the background... never thought extremely serious music and comedy could go so well together. :D

Now just deciding between continuing C;H and pushing through the rest of Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete (I really need to figure out how to shorten this abomination), assuming I am in the last route. I hope I am, because the bullshit levels only keep increasing.

kira kira is about some chicks & the protag who form a band and attempt to tour through japan during their summer break or so. overall very nice characters except for the old fart, seriously he looks like some freaking gremlin to me. music is very cool in this game. you either gonna like or hate this vn.

Dat random tagging of me

What's Kira*Kira about?

You're always on my mind, I couldn't help it <3

It's about roadtrips and music.

Three girls & the protagonist (in drag) form a girlband and tour across japan during their summer break. Likeable characters, great soundtrack and overall very immersive. It's one of my favorite VNs, if that's worth anything.

Giving Space Pirate Sarah a look, story's actually decent (for this type of game) and the artwork and H content is good so far. I am currently past the second chosen ero scene...and I think I know what may be going on about something...

I get the feeling the red liquid the twins drink has something in common with a certain red liquid/solid from Full Metal Alchemist

:unsure:

Ayakashibito starts out dark, but sort of lightens up after a while.

The general tone is light, but it gets heavier as you progress through the routes. 

It's an action visual novel, so expect lots of fights and powers clashing with each other.

You'll come to like the characters, no worries.

It should be good then. Hopefully I can get back into vns with this.