What are you playing?

Finished the third chapter of Senshinkan - the chapter of infodumps. Lots of interesting points were revealed, quite some terms finally explained, but at the same time some stuff got even more confusing. Time, how does it work!

The chapter did get back into the combat near the end again, and I have to say that I've probably enjoyed this one the most so far. It was absurd for sure, but it finally went out of its way to explain what the hell was actually even happening, which made for a very entertaining read. You'd think fights in dreams would get stupid really fast, but they're introducing some really interesting and fresh mechanics that could add a whole new layer to ridiculous chuuni fights. Really curious where they go with it - with such a setup at the end, it seems like chapter 4 and onward is the real deal. Oh man, I feel bad for the main characters already. :D

Haha, honestly there are times when I don't manage, like when they go crazy with the Buddhism terms and such. Oh god, calm down, author! Though if you make it through the prologue, the VN gives you a break for quite a while - it's not nearly that bad all the time. This VN sure makes you appreciate the limited space of a textbox sometimes. :D

Oh god just wait until chapter 6, you might faint.

For the record, Akira > Ayumi > Rinko > Sera is the route order. Nothing else makes sense. Please do not go off this, lol.

Stalled Grisaia for a bit, I feel like I'm not in the mood for the genre. I finished chapter 3 in Danganronpa 2 yesterday and now I'm at the school trial of chapter 4. Chapter 4 has the saddest death so far ;; which is pretty strange in a way because

instead of a flesh and blood human, it is a robot dying this time. All those parts spread over the floor, oil leaking out.. so sad..., nidaiiiii ;-; 

Hoshizora no Memoria

Toradora! Portable

Sengoku Rance (I am ALWAYS playing Sengoku Rance... so this shouldn't even count. xD)

Trying to balance that with school and catching up on my unfinished anime is a tough task, I'll tell you hchwhat. <<<< *loads of phlegm*

wayyyyy too much pointless drama in this vn, prepare for the worst in yuikas route.

I mean the art and stuff is quite nice, the charas also look fine to me, BUT every single rout (maybee except the samurai chick) has so much drama init, it becomes overall depressive while playing. no joking!

I suggest you should NOT play yuikas route directly after your little imoutos one.

Thanks for the warning I'm most interested in the Samurai girl anyway.

I left the horror, which is known as Da Capo, after wrapping up my route and advanced to the sequel. In hindsight, I'm glad I did so though, because the connection eased me into the Da Capo 2 really easily. For some reason. 

But BOY, it's so much better than that part 1. Better art, all sprited characters are atleast likeable (mfw I learned maya doesn't have a route) and the pacing isn't all over the place (for now?).

An amusing thing that happend to me, was when at some point a support character complained about the girl magnet trope:

ohyeahthatone.4rum2.jpg

And I was like: "... Oh yeah, her!", after realizing I hadn't seen the girl in question ever since the last scripted meeting about two hours prior. I completely forgot she exists.